Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe has us as the 4th worst team in the league, FWIW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 wins. So close to 40.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 wins LJ? Pass me whatever it is you're smoking bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "38 wins" might be the Spurs equivalent of "This will all blow over by Easter"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 wins. Honestly, they'll be lucky to win half that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write-up. I’m rooting the most for Lonnie to have a breakout season. I was really excited for Samanic to finally get his chance, but that ship has sailed. I like Vassell to have a breakout season as well. Keldon, I didn’t really see anything new in the pre-season. I was hoping he’ll come back with some mid-range games. I can’t be too high with Primo knowing he needs some burn in Austin. I will say I’m excited for the young group to finally prove themselves, but then again I thought we would sign a John Collins or Simmons in the off-season, or even trade for a high draft pick. Instead we cut Samanic and we signed an injured player plus a returning Forbes. So don’t blame me if I’m not that high right now. I will watch the games, but I can’t say I will be investing too much hopes, ‘coz it might just be a very long season.
    Still, Go Spurs Go!
    Last edited by John B; 10-19-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think by mid November we'll be in such a hole that it'll be hard to clib out of....I'm taking the under on the 28.5 if we don't make any trades..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Murray would be in the All-Star reserve conversation but the record won't permit it. Not that ty records don't get in the way of worse players getting berths (looking at the terrible Brandon Ingram).

2. I don't see White putting it back together. I hope he does.

3. Keldon Johnson's ceiling is lower than most everybody cares to admit. Great energy guy, but he's limited and always will be.

4. It'll be unfortunate Landale is stuck as a third stringer. Hot take: we may see him as a PF.

5. Walker won't put it together, but he'll get tantalyzingly closer.

6. Vassell will start looking like a tremendous glue guy. He won't get any press, but will continually make plays.

7. Primo will come back to the main team in January and start tilting games in the Spurs' favor off the bench.

8. This board will fall in love with some other marginal headcase star after Ben Simmons gets exiled to Minnesota. No one will remember being obsessed with him.

9. This board will whine about Popovich without realizing he's a major reason the team is winning when it is and decent talent is playing over their heads.

Win total will be mid to late 30s. They'll overwhelm teams some nights when things are clicking. Other nights, they'll struggle to grind things out. The sports media should remark upon this feat, but the team will be utterly ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very hard to see us worse than OKC, Minn, Houston. We are a Zion injury away from being better than the Pelicans. And a Fox injury away from being better than the ty Kings. Man if we are 10th again in the west imma lose it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very hard to see us worse than OKC, Minn, Houston. We are a Zion injury away from being better than the Pelicans. And a Fox injury away from being better than the ty Kings. Man if we are 10th again in the west imma lose it
    When we start competing against the bottom feeders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good breakdown.

I predicted earlier a range of 34 to 37 wins. So I'm not going to get on a soap box about the 38 win prediction like 3veryone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31 wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many wins for your team, the Wizards?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 is too much for me. That's good enough for 10th place in most seasons, putting the Spurs a 2-game hot streak away from a playoff berth.

I'm going to go over 28.5 too, just not that much over. 32-33 sounds right to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't be stunned if walker leads the spurs in scoring? seriously?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't be stunned if walker leads the spurs in scoring? seriously?
    Who's the tallest midget?

30 wins seems about right tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP, good piece. Anything can happen and I'll be watching. Thinking our wins will be in 30's. I'm just going to try to reprogram my brain and not expect W's. I really enjoyed the pre-season game I went to Friday. Now we did win, but it was fun watching the players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    38 wins... Cocaine is a of a drug.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty with best plus minus outscoring everyone but durant. 7/7 3s. Brynn got his work cut out

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm predicting 40 wins

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the league? no. In the west? Possibly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if this team snatches the 8th seed

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Murray would be in the All-Star reserve conversation but the record won't permit it. Not that ty records don't get in the way of worse players getting berths (looking at the terrible Brandon Ingram).

2. I don't see White putting it back together. I hope he does.

3. Keldon Johnson's ceiling is lower than most everybody cares to admit. Great energy guy, but he's limited and always will be.

4. It'll be unfortunate Landale is stuck as a third stringer. Hot take: we may see him as a PF.

5. Walker won't put it together, but he'll get tantalyzingly closer.

6. Vassell will start looking like a tremendous glue guy. He won't get any press, but will continually make plays.

7. Primo will come back to the main team in January and start tilting games in the Spurs' favor off the bench.

8. This board will fall in love with some other marginal headcase star after Ben Simmons gets exiled to Minnesota. No one will remember being obsessed with him.

9. This board will whine about Popovich without realizing he's a major reason the team is winning when it is and decent talent is playing over their heads.

Win total will be mid to late 30s. They'll overwhelm teams some nights when things are clicking. Other nights, they'll struggle to grind things out. The sports media should remark upon this feat, but the team will be utterly ignored.
    Good stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going with 40, lots of players with something to prove meshing that enjoy playing with each other, bryn and mcdermott having some good shooting streaks to steal some fools gold rs wins

Thread Information