Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how to post Twitter links on here correctly (sigh) but woj tweeted that there’s been momentum on Ben Simmons trades in the last few days, probably because next week more guys can be involved

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how to post Twitter links on here correctly (sigh) but woj tweeted that there’s been momentum on Ben Simmons trades in the last few days, probably because next week more guys can be involved
    It sounds like he's going to be moved somewhere before Christmas..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT but did TD21 dieded? Been two months since he posted. Guess we gotta add him to the milk carton with timvp.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the point of Simmons if you already have DJM? A moderate defensive upgrade, maybe? Definitely a worse offensive player.

I’d rather have djm and his excellent contract and non-diva ways.

And I’d the Spurs keep Murray — a lineup of DJM + Simmons would probably be a disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just interested in seeing what the 76ers get for Ben Simmons if they do decide to trade him before the deadline because I think Ben Simmons is better then what people perceive him as but no way am I trading a top 25 player for him which is what Woj suggested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the sixers would consider talks with the spurs but only if DJ was involved, or perhaps vassell, and i would not be in favor of giving up either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DJ, he's a bum, MVSimmons baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard them talking on about this on XM. Ridiculous trade proposal by Kamla.... DJM/White/1st Rounder for Simmons. That would defeat the purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mismatch ringer podcast today talked about White + Keldon + picks and filler for Simmons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you believe Woj's twitter, it sounds like Philly and Portland talks are heating up with the inference of CJ as the centerpiece. The pairing makes a lot of sense for each.

Spurs and other dark horses probably have to wait to see if those breakdown or not. Even then I'm increasingly lukewarm on the idea of Ben personally. Rather get a top 8 pick and reassess next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT but did TD21 dieded? Been two months since he posted. Guess we gotta add him to the milk carton with timvp.
    one of the whiniest posters in memory tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you believe Woj's twitter, it sounds like Philly and Portland talks are heating up with the inference of CJ as the centerpiece. The pairing makes a lot of sense for each.

Spurs and other dark horses probably have to wait to see if those breakdown or not. Even then I'm increasingly lukewarm on the idea of Ben personally. Rather get a top 8 pick and reassess next year.
    If Lillard isn't in the deal theres no way a DJM package isn't better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Portland deal is McCollum straight up or would Portland be willing to add draft capital? What would their offer look like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The speculative Portland deal makes sense for both teams. No trade with the Spurs makes much sense.
    Simmons almost fits Portland, McCollum would make Philly better. Plus Portland is in a 2 -3 year window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No DJM package is in the picture most likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons was a coaches selection reserve all 3 times he was an AS. In addition, the All NBA selections can’t be spun as a popularity contest. Try something else, or just flat admit that you hate him.
    Like you say the awards are voted by a group of people by that definition it is a popular vote. Just because they are coaches or sports writer does not make their opinion gospel truth. For example is Rudy Gobert definitively better than Vucevic or Sabonis last season? Is Paul George and Kawhi Leonard definitively better than Jayson Tatum last season given that both of them miss 20% of the season? I do not hate Ben Simmons I have no grudge with him, I just think that his antics is disruptive to the team and would not aid the team.
    If you still want to insist that these awards are not popular awards try answering this, will these members of panel give you the exact same list including the order for the top 15 players in the NBA today?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mismatch ringer podcast today talked about White + Keldon + picks and filler for Simmons
    That's probably a fair approach without picks involved

I used to be of the thinking that if the Spurs had Simmons they're have to choose to keep White over Dejounte because of shooting but as this season has progressed it just seems more and more to me that Dejounte is a better catch and shoot three point shooter

Dejounte might be the better fit with Simmons now that he's knocking in threes on the regular

White, Thaddeus, and keldon for Simmons, Shake and either Joe or Reed works cap wise. And while it hurts the Spurs capspace in the future, it solves the dilemma of what to pay Keldon and worries on White's feet. Too bad it probably makes the Spurs a little too good to purely tank.

They could have a smallball lineup of Simmons, Vassell, Primo, McDermott and Dejounte and probably have enough shooting around Simmons

But I wouldn't want to see any lottery picks or swaps given up

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can get him for peanuts, yeah. I'm surprised the Lakers haven't acquired him for some used rubbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The speculative Portland deal makes sense for both teams. No trade with the Spurs makes much sense.
    Simmons almost fits Portland, McCollum would make Philly better. Plus Portland is in a 2 -3 year window.
    Portlands window never opened. To take the next step, they need Embiid, not an oversized PG who will fail if he doesn’t take the ball out of Dame’s hands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Portland deal is McCollum straight up or would Portland be willing to add draft capital? What would their offer look like?
    McCollum alone won’t do it. It’s probably McCollum + a young player on a rookie deal + 2 protected FRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No DJM package is in the picture most likely.
    There better not be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could even add in Young. He's not playing anyways.

I like White a lot but for me the untouchables are DJM, Vassel, Primo and Poeltl. Outside of them you should be willing to move and White is probably our most valuable piece to bring someone else in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could even add in Young. He's not playing anyways.

I like White a lot but for me the untouchables are DJM, Vassel, Primo and Poeltl. Outside of them you should be willing to move and White is probably our most valuable piece to bring someone else in.
    Thad is the filler...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portlands window never opened. To take the next step, they need Embiid, not an oversized PG who will fail if he doesn’t take the ball out of Dame’s hands.
    Let's just say Portland's self perceived window

Thread Information