Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After starting this it dawned on me that we all have different perspectives of the team. I really started following the team the year Robinson was drafted. I was around 14 at the time. Once he finished his naval commitment the team was exciting and provided hope that every year could be the year. I also remember during that time the talk of the team leaving. My memory of that time was the fan base desperately wanted them to stay. Move on to the Duncan era and the concern after his rookie deal was him leaving. Maybe there are a lot of fans here that are younger than me and didn’t go through or have the same perspective of worry in the 90’s. Watching the games today and seeing all the empty seats is sad to me. As for Pop, I don’t agree with his politics but I think he is a great coach. He was fortunate to have the players he has had but in my opinion he is deserving of the praise he gets from around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans want pop gone and his stupid politics
    They want to get away from everything and watch sports but pop could ing care less
    Everything is always about him
    Pop makes like 1 or 2 political statements a year. And most of that was because Trump was a raging bag while he was in office.

I love how all the MAGA hats have pivoted to blaming Biden for COVID when this started in Trump's final year and he literally pretended like it wasn't an issue.

So does COVID exist and is it bad (BLAME BIDEN), or is it not a problem because Trump said it's all a hoax (YAY TRUMP)? You can't have it both ways.

Is it really so hard for your poor little heart to withstand someone saying something you don't agree with?
    Last edited by Dex; 01-21-2022 at 10:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality is this:

Spurs were raising ticket prices, giving bad value with the on court product, with few 'cool things' for season ticket holders. They were spoiled into thinking fans would just show up after the Big 3 era.

Last year I had season tickets in the lower level, the Saddles and Spurs 'perk' was a ing disasterous joke, and had slowly gotten worse during much of the 2010s in terms of offerings and all down there. And you got a separate entrance which was probably the slowest to go through the metal detectors with only the biggest jackasses in charge of that security station. The prices were going up every ing season for a sub standard product. Other sports do things to entice season ticket holders or give them some type of 'perk' that is noticable or whatever, Spurs they basically said that.

But ya lets just blame Popovich for it all. Allows one to really just not even see the real reason for things. Maybe things have improved, maybe they havent. Who knows. Most of their ticket reps are lazy s in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should bring back Silver Dancers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but that would mean asking USians to be intelligent and we have probably the dumbest populace of any half-developed nation.
    That's not even really true. There has never been a 3rd party candidate that is even close to overtaking the two main ones when it comes to presidency. This isn't local politics we are talking about. I vote for all across the board on State and local levels. But we would need a of a lot more votes than just the people who say they didn't vote bc they hate both in order to get an actual 3rd party in consideration for President

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should bring back Silver Dancers tbh
    it wouldnt hurt. that energy squad is both stupid and annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wouldnt hurt. that energy squad is both stupid and annoying.
    I’m in Toronto/Vancouver so watch most games via NBA League Pass which allows me the pleasure of watching the in between play entertainment and it’s usually pretty bad. Raptors games are a blast for that kind of stuff. Hardly have to be a basketball fan to enjoy it. Hope the drinks are cheap at the AT&T Centre atleast!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop makes like 1 or 2 political statements a year. And most of that was because Trump was a raging bag while he was in office.

I love how all the MAGA hats have pivoted to blaming Biden for COVID when this started in Trump's final year and he literally pretended like it wasn't an issue.

So does COVID exist and is it bad (BLAME BIDEN), or is it not a problem because Trump said it's all a hoax (YAY TRUMP)? You can't have it both ways.

Is it really so hard for your poor little heart to withstand someone saying something you don't agree with?
    Dex, you really should educate yourself before commenting on politics. No one is blaming Biden for Covid. Everyone is blaming Biden for lying about Covid when he said it would be contained and defeated within the 1st year of his presidency. Well guess what....not only is it not defeated but it has mutated into more dangerous strains and Moron in Chief doesnt know how to deal with it. And about Trump calling it a hoax...in the end Trump is the one that got us vaccinations with Operation Warpspeed. Phizer and Moderna vaccination were created under his watch. The failure Johnson and Johnson were created under Bidens watch. Sorry if the truth hurts you but Biden is a joke and the country was much better off under Trump. Notice how Popovich doesnt say anything about any of Bidens failures. Pop is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ neither are very good /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m in Toronto/Vancouver so watch most games via NBA League Pass which allows me the pleasure of watching the in between play entertainment and it’s usually pretty bad. Raptors games are a blast for that kind of stuff. Hardly have to be a basketball fan to enjoy it. Hope the drinks are cheap at the AT&T Centre atleast!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality is this:

Spurs were raising ticket prices, giving bad value with the on court product, with few 'cool things' for season ticket holders. They were spoiled into thinking fans would just show up after the Big 3 era.

Last year I had season tickets in the lower level, the Saddles and Spurs 'perk' was a ing disasterous joke, and had slowly gotten worse during much of the 2010s in terms of offerings and all down there. And you got a separate entrance which was probably the slowest to go through the metal detectors with only the biggest jackasses in charge of that security station. The prices were going up every ing season for a sub standard product. Other sports do things to entice season ticket holders or give them some type of 'perk' that is noticable or whatever, Spurs they basically said that.

But ya lets just blame Popovich for it all. Allows one to really just not even see the real reason for things. Maybe things have improved, maybe they havent. Who knows. Most of their ticket reps are lazy s in the first place.
    What you described is really a league epidemic. I live in Charlotte and for years up until the late 2010's I could get courtside tickets around 150-190 dollars. It was a great deal since the Hornets were trash for a long time. Things started to change around 2017 when I was looking for tickets to go to the Hornet games and I saw courtside jump to 400 dollars and keep in mind the Hornets were a crappy lottery team. Even when they played the bad teams, the tickets were that expensive. I haven't bought tickets since then and don't even plan to buy them now even with them having a better product on the court with Lamelo.

You can't raise tickets to astronomically high prices in small markets and expect to have good attendance. That only works in the big markets such as NYC, LA, San Francisco.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not even really true. There has never been a 3rd party candidate that is even close to overtaking the two main ones when it comes to presidency. This isn't local politics we are talking about. I vote for all across the board on State and local levels. But we would need a of a lot more votes than just the people who say they didn't vote bc they hate both in order to get an actual 3rd party in consideration for President
    If your thinking it is going to happen in 1 year that is the problem. It will take time to grow. as it gets closer they get more time which will bring in more votes. Parties have changed in the past and they can again but if people keep thinking you can only vote for these 2 people then it will not change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your thinking it is going to happen in 1 year that is the problem. It will take time to grow. as it gets closer they get more time which will bring in more votes. Parties have changed in the past and they can again but if people keep thinking you can only vote for these 2 people then it will not change.
    Once again, not when it comes to president. You are thinking at a local level. What candidate was there to vote for besides Trump or Hilary? And if I have to wait for it to happen then I’m not the issue am I? That’s another lie. Party’s changed with Teddy and that’s the last time I can think of.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans want pop gone and his stupid politics
    They want to get away from everything and watch sports but pop could ing care less
    Everything is always about him
    We want you gone more than anyone. You’re a pos human being and god awful fan. No one will miss you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, not when it comes to president. You are thinking at a local level. What candidate was there to vote for besides Trump or Hilary? And if I have to wait for it to happen then I’m not the issue am I? That’s another lie. Party’s changed with Teddy and that’s the last time I can think of.
    Jo Jo (jorgenson?) and whoever ran for the green party. And yes you as well as others can make a difference. so if you are not willing to then you are a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jo Jo (jorgenson?) and whoever ran for the green party. And yes you as well as others can make a difference. so if you are not willing to then you are a problem.
    Buncha horse . Idk what fantasy world you are living in but it isn’t reality

I’m not going to get in the specifics on what the two parties do to stay in power but it’s a load of stuff. I will just say you are a naive person and leave it at that.

Also your premise to begin with is wrong from the start since it stands on the basis that everyone who didn’t vote will end up liking the same 3rd party person which just doesn’t seem very likely to begin with. I could vote green, someone could vote someone else, etc etc. Then you have these peoples votes split between 3 other parties and literally nothing changes when it comes to presidential voting. Local voting sure but it’s majority rules on el presidente

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buncha horse . Idk what fantasy world you are living in but it isn’t reality

I’m not going to get in the specifics on what the two parties do to stay in power but it’s a load of stuff. I will just say you are a naive person and leave it at that.

Also your premise to begin with is wrong from the start since it stands on the basis that everyone who didn’t vote will end up liking the same 3rd party person which just doesn’t seem very likely to begin with. I could vote green, someone could vote someone else, etc etc. Then you have these peoples votes split between 3 other parties and literally nothing changes when it comes to presidential voting. Local voting sure but it’s majority rules on el presidente
    I find it interesting that you ask for who else could have been voted for and then when I give them to you try to spin it to me not knowing. I actually do know some of the things the parties do to stay in power. One is certain states only allowing them to have primary. Another is working to convince people that at the national election that you can only vote for those 2 parties.

My premise was never that everyone would vote for the same party. If some of them would vote it would make the third look more vialble which then would steal some from from each party. and then more the year after that. I have talked to many people that did not vote because of this or voted for one they did not like because they did not want to vote 3rd party as it was usless.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, true, we would need people who don't vote.

No way the U.S. populace has the wherewithal to push a third way forward without intensive marketing.

Anyway, the news today and the last couple days has been interesting lol

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't blame me. I voted for the green M&M.

Thread Information