Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T.J. Warren too broken and old to target in free agency for this team? He’s 28, 6’8 and shoots the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get another big who can defend and rebound and easy baskets

then need a alpha scorer on the team or trade for one...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STarts off with the draft. We lack a solid sf/pf, their a few in this years class that can help.
    Pick 1: best player available or team need
    Pick 2 : high risk high award type
    Pick 3 : save pick.

Free agency:
    1. Re-sign Walker, in the 8-12 mil range, anything higher you sit out.
    2. Look into TJ Warren. He's a scorer! and will help take some stress off from Murray. Foot injury is a concern, but also could drive the price down. He also fills a need on the roster.

Current group;
    1. Improvement on the defensive end for almost everyone!
    2. Vassel and Keldon, add more to their games! that starts with a better mid-range game, find there sweet spot and make it thier own.
    3. Jones; get that 3 pt shot working
    4. Jakob; 3pt? and free throws
    5. Langford; get this guy to work out with Timmy and get him into YOG. This Guy needs to stay healthy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precisely, they're 19 and 21, it's whoever is calling them future superstars that needs to take a breath. They might develop nicely, even all stars if all planets are aligned... but you have to be smoking crack to declare them future superstars at this point in time with what we've seen.
    Totally agree these 2 are no where near Kobe, Garnett and Lebron were at 19 when they were playing in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to lie I think spurs still need to draft best player available and not worry about positional needs, Johnny Davis and Jalen Duren give me game changer vibes.
    I think Mathurin is that dude, and if we pass on him, we'll end up regretting it down the road (unless we get top 4, in which case you have to pass on him). With that said, I think he is likely gone by our pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mathurin is that dude, and if we pass on him, we'll end up regretting it down the road (unless we get top 4, in which case you have to pass on him). With that said, I think he is likely gone by our pick.
    Mathurin will almost surely be gone by 9. And if we pick top 4 he's not our target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Murray.
    2. Tempting but no. Think Vassell is a keeper.
    3. Duren
    4. I've shifted on this as my respect for Poeltl's game has increased. Of course if you can reel in a Ayton, you do so and get a first and a second for Poeltl. Outside of that, you find the best available center in the draft (see above) and let him grow in the system under Poeltl.
    Last edited by offset formation; 04-14-2022 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '' Primo and Vassell will be superstars Keldon a star and DJ is already a star and still improving."
    You think its sad because a fellow poster thinks your view expressed in the quote above may be a bit far fetched? Its a message board and there would be no discussion if everyone agreed. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but your perception may not be reality. The Spurs do have some nice young pieces but everyone knows that the Spurs need to add a true star and fill some holes to take the next step.
    Nothing wrong with being a die hard fan , as I have been a fan since 1973 when they moved here.

essentially what I said though. The Spurs have the pieces hence why even though I don't think it will happen I mentioned Bradley Beal. My point being if McCollum was on the Spurs yesterday who wins? I know it's speculation but most of us should know enough to know what the outcome would be. Troll and Koolaid is condescending bull . I see something special here and with some cap space with assets in the draft and even a market for a McBuckets. If you could get a beal type shooter that isn't a defensive liability it changes everything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    essentially what I said though. The Spurs have the pieces hence why even though I don't think it will happen I mentioned Bradley Beal. My point being if McCollum was on the Spurs yesterday who wins? I know it's speculation but most of us should know enough to know what the outcome would be. Troll and Koolaid is condescending bull . I see something special here and with some cap space with assets in the draft and even a market for a McBuckets. If you could get a beal type shooter that isn't a defensive liability it changes everything.
    Well excuse me. i was just questioning your proclamation that Primo and Vassel would be superstars. Hope they are but a little early for that in my opinion.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nembhard is Charmin soft and a huge reason they choked in the tourney.
    Sochan yes absolutely.

Most people would start an argument over that. Instead, why don't you see if you can find me some clips of Nembhard being "soft" in that game. I'm always willing to learn. Most people thought that the biggest reason Zaga lost that game was that Holmgren got pushed around by Jaylin Williams far too much. And if you go back and look, I predicted that was going to happen.

For everybody else who didn't watch the game, here is one of the videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCSuyeL8KE Nembhard got a shot blocked from behind near the end, but he also made some pretty nice plays.

Never mind that Nembhard is 6'4" and Jones is 6'1" and I think he (Nembhard) would keep the second string offense flowing better. Jones shot .196 from 3P this season, and Nembhard shot .383 (.343 for his 4-year college career).

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just took a gander at the 2022 free agents on Spotrac and saw that Robert Covington and Batum are both UFA this summer.

I think Covington would be a good stopgap solution for the Spurs at the 4 spot. Whether you draft a Sochan or not. 36% career 3 point shooter (45% with the Clips this season) so he can spread the floor. Still an effective defender averages 1.5 blocks and 1.5 steals a game. Good size at 6’7 with a 7’3 wingspan. Gets deflections. The negatives would be will he give the same effort on a average/young team like the Spurs would be. Seems like he mailed it in a bit when he was with the Blazers and Rockets last couple years. Average to below average rebounder, but better than Keldon and way better than McDermott on the board.

May be a moot point if he and the Clippers want to run it back next season with a healthy Kawhi.

Batum is also an out and out 4-man these days given he’s lost a couple steps but in today’s game his 6’8 height is enough to play the 4 spot.

In terms of big fish theres not much out there other than Ayton. I rekon the Suns would match a max contract offer tbh but would be worth a try. Spurs would have to overpay to get him tbh. Not sure id go after him for a max price tag.

Beal has a player option but can’t see him coming to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the underwhelming free agent class this offseason, maybe the cap space is used for receiving contracts into it via trade rather than signing free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people would start an argument over that. Instead, why don't you see if you can find me some clips of Nembhard being "soft" in that game. I'm always willing to learn. Most people thought that the biggest reason Zaga lost that game was that Holmgren got pushed around by Jaylin Williams far too much. And if you go back and look, I predicted that was going to happen.

For everybody else who didn't watch the game, here is one of the videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCSuyeL8KE Nembhard got a shot blocked from behind near the end, but he also made some pretty nice plays.

Never mind that Nembhard is 6'4" and Jones is 6'1" and I think he (Nembhard) would keep the second string offense flowing better. Jones shot .196 from 3P this season, and Nembhard shot .383 (.343 for his 4-year college career).
    Nevermind that the Zag guards were 8-30 (4-15) with Nembhard leading the way at 2-11 with 5 turnovers.

Chets hardly the reason they lost. 11/14 in only 23 minutes.
    Show me some clips, i will look for Nembhard clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well excuse me. i was just questioning your proclamation that Primo and Vassel would be superstars. Hope they are but a little early for that in my opinion.
    ok let me rephrase then they are both still babies however I can see superstar ability in them both but then again who the am I lol. That said I just seen lot of good things happening here and it's predicated on the next couple of moves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rising cap hurts us, we got a lot picks from teams needing to go under the tax. WAS, BOS, TOR.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok let me rephrase then they are both still babies however I can see superstar ability in them both but then again who the am I lol. That said I just seen lot of good things happening here and it's predicated on the next couple of moves.
    I don't see superstar players in either of these guys. I see solid starters but at best fringe level all stars. Ivey and Sharpe I see possible super star level players. Far more quickness and athleticism in these guys over Primo and Vassel.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't superstar players in either of these guys. I see solid starters and at best fringe level all stars. Ivey and Sharpe I see possible super star level players. Far more quickness and athleticism in these guys over Primo and Vassel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with Charlotte now having the 13th and 15th picks (assuming they don't change in the lottery) I think there's a deal to be made there involving Poeltl... it could be structured several ways depending on where we want to go as a team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it only by chance that Keldon didn't get any time on the floor as an Olympian, despite having his professional coach at the helm? I didn't hear anything about some injury or illness??? No, he just wasn't good enough to play. That indicator should be in everyone's mind when they talk about him in our future plans. In one list of PF rankings he doesn't even appear in the top 100. Power Forward Players List on NBA 2K22 | 2K Ratings.

Everyone should recognize that he isn't able to play either the 3 or the 4 compe ively as an NBA starter. Pop was forced to put him on the floor because of his dramatic improvement in shooting--and TBH we didn't have anyone else---, but you can't teach height, speed, BBIQ, etc. Those minuses in his skillset make him a bench player on any good NBA team. And at this point in time, we aren't a good NBA team. Good hustle guy, but needs to be on the bench. If we could trade him to improve our draft pick or holes in the roster, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but realistically who would want him???

Lonnie? What if he used those great physical abilities to play great defense and rebound? Wouldn't that make him more valuable for this team? I'd love to see it, but all the emphasis on his occasional bursts of scoring and highlight reel slashes to the basket get all the attention. His offense is becoming more consistent, but does that keep him on a team loaded with guards who can play better all around? I don't know. I'd like to see one more year, but only one. You can't be on the "development project" bubble forever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also (wondering out loud) if the rumors are true that indy would take Westbrook to get off brogdan and buddy...would they be willing to trade 5 for 9 if we took brogdan? Would we want that?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not think Indy gives us a high pick after the Hill/Kawhi trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not think Indy gives us a high pick after the Hill/Kawhi trade.
    I don't think that even enters into anyone's mind at this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think it does because Spurs rarely do trades so if we wanting to move up in draft teams are going to wonder 'OK What Am I Not Seeing"?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind that the Zag guards were 8-30 (4-15) with Nembhard leading the way at 2-11 with 5 turnovers.

Chets hardly the reason they lost. 11/14 in only 23 minutes.
    Show me some clips, i will look for Nembhard clips.

LOL. They were bad in that game, I'll give you that. I don't think he looked soft, but opinions are worth every cent you pay for them.

This is my favorite time of year. I'm always on the lookout for draft bargains that would fit some Spurs need. I've been doing it for... well, a lot of years. Nearly everybody else here spends their time looking at Top 3 picks, as if the Spurs could somehow snag them with their mid-teens or -twenties picks. As if trading two crappy players for a Top 3 pick could somehow happen.

I think Nembhard would be a very competent second unit PG, and help them keep the ball moving - which is always a challenge for second units. He protects the ball, has good court vision and a high BBIQ, and he shoots the 3 well. I never got the impression that he would turn into a star, but I also never thought that he was soft. And I watched them play a number of times this year, because I was trying to decide if I really believe that Holmgren is the best big man draft prospect ever. (I don't.)

I still think he is a value pick in the second round, and would be a plus for this Spurs roster. But only if they've added some size in the first round. Like the le of the thread says, I'm looking at the whole draft picture, and not just individual players in a vacuum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see superstar players in either of these guys. I see solid starters but at best fringe level all stars. Ivey and Sharpe I see possible super star level players. Far more quickness and athleticism in these guys over Primo and Vassel.

Guess only time will tell

Thread Information