Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't tell if you are serious. The first draft pick is the Laker's pick this year and the other is in 2025. For our players to improve they have to play. I think it is undeniable that DJM showed significant improvement this year as did KJ and Vassell. It also became clear (at least to the FO) that White didn't fit. None of that occurs to the degree it did IMO with DeRozan here. Also to keep DDR you likely are signing him to a 3 year deal at $25 to 30 million. That would severely hamper the flexibility the Spurs currently have moving forward. So are you saying the goal this year should have been to have home-court in the play-in game? So then we are likely drafting 12th instead of 9th. Pray tell, what do you think the outcome of this season would be if we had kept DDR?
    Huh? I was just correcting 2k15 as I think he missed we played 10 more games this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? I was just correcting 2k15 as I think he missed we played 10 more games this year.
    My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All good homie.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But ur missing my point... There stands a great chance we would still end up losing more games because the west is better than when DDR played here... Our guys improved since he left... They would most likely have stayed stagnant like they did all his years here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But ur missing my point... There stands a great chance we would still end up losing more games because the west is better than when DDR played here... Our guys improved since he left... They would most likely have stayed stagnant like they did all his years here
    Nah. We should get a few more wins. More of it's irrelevant. We are too far out. Additional 5 wins won't make any dent. And will get knocked out of play in anyway.

So rather have young guys get some experience at least they are better for the future. Since the impact of having DeRozan wouldn't be material.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same old Demar . Flaked again on offence when the pressure was on in da playoffs.

The lack of defense from him was a big reason bucks scored with ease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hats off to Derozan on a great year. In all honesty he arguably had three times the season of Ben Simmons, Leonard and Zion combined

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingram wasn't the player he is now at the time. The Spurs were not interested in what the Lakers wanted to offer, including Ingram.
    I know he wasn't and I didn't love him at the time, especially not for Kawhi, but if the choice at the time was between DeRozan and Ingram (if that was presented to me), I easily would have picked Ingram due to his age and potential. I did not want DeRozan and if the Spurs got Ingram and it came out later that the other choice was DeRozan, I would have been much happier with Ingram.

The big mistake was we shouldn't have gotten DeMar in the first place, and the second mistake was that we held onto him too long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers never offered Ingram, Shelburne did stories about how he wasn't in the proposed deal despite the Spurs desire, the exact word was 'covet' if I recall

I don't think Lonzo was ever on the table either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeFrozen per par tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s good while it lasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers never offered Ingram, Shelburne did stories about how he wasn't in the proposed deal despite the Spurs desire, the exact word was 'covet' if I recall

I don't think Lonzo was ever on the table either.
    It's interesting when you look back at one time LA had Ingram, Hart, Randle, Lonzo, and DLo. If they kept all of those guys instead of DLo they would still be playing ball right now. Oh! And Caruso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he wasn't and I didn't love him at the time, especially not for Kawhi, but if the choice at the time was between DeRozan and Ingram (if that was presented to me), I easily would have picked Ingram due to his age and potential. I did not want DeRozan and if the Spurs got Ingram and it came out later that the other choice was DeRozan, I would have been much happier with Ingram.

The big mistake was we shouldn't have gotten DeMar in the first place, and the second mistake was that we held onto him too long.
    No deal would have been made with an LA team, just to piss off the Traitor and his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting when you look back at one time LA had Ingram, Hart, Randle, Lonzo, and DLo. If they kept all of those guys instead of DLo they would still be playing ball right now. Oh! And Caruso.
    Three All Stars, but LeBron would rather steer the banana boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar is a Robin whose never found a Batman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar is a Robin whose never found a Batman
    Disagree. He doesn't have a Robin type game. He's a Batman, just not a great one. More of a George Clooney than a Christian Bale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. He doesn't have a Robin type game. He's a Batman, just not a great one. More of a George Clooney than a Christian Bale.
    well , i think i'd rather have a joseph gordon-levitt robin than a clooney batman. this also begs the question-was pippen a robin or a terrible batman?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well , i think i'd rather have a joseph gordon-levitt robin than a clooney batman. this also begs the question-was pippen a robin or a terrible batman?
    Pip was one of the best Robins in history who thought he could be a batman, and epically failed at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. If Demar played in the 90’s with his mid-range, he’d be MVP caliber.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s more like an Alfred who needs a Batman and Robin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s more like an Alfred who needs a Batman and Robin.
    I thought that was Pop? I’d say he is more fake Batman but looks authentic to the naked eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reddit, DeRozan has the worst playoff +/- of all time:

DeRozan is at -373 all time and 2nd worst is Carmelo Anthony at -288: https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/low...ffs-plus-minus

2021-22 : -65 (2nd worst on team)

2018-19: -33 (team-worst)

2017-18: -65 (team-worst)

2016-17: -69 (team-worst)

2015-16: -76 (3rd worst on team)

2014-15: -47 (team-worst)

2013-14: -18 (5th worst on team)

Also making an appearance on the list is our old buddy LaMarcus Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reddit, DeRozan has the worst playoff +/- of all time:

DeRozan is at -373 all time and 2nd worst is Carmelo Anthony at -288: https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/low...ffs-plus-minus

2021-22 : -65 (2nd worst on team)

2018-19: -33 (team-worst)

2017-18: -65 (team-worst)

2016-17: -69 (team-worst)

2015-16: -76 (3rd worst on team)

2014-15: -47 (team-worst)

2013-14: -18 (5th worst on team)

Also making an appearance on the list is our old buddy LaMarcus Aldridge.
    When you're supposed to be your team's best player but you're the team's worst +/- player that says a lot.

And the fact he and Aldridge left the Spurs to a team of near rookie mid-draft players, and this group has actually gotten slightly better also says a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan has a cadre of devoted online fans who’ll ignore all of that hard data and more to deflect any criticism on his play. And these folks exist among the Spurs fan base! How in the this guy can inspire that level of obsequiousness is one of the greater mysteries I’ve encountered in 25 years of internet message board existence.

There can be no doubt his three year run was an unquestioned failure in team success with him being the sole anchor for the last two.

Thread Information