Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the whole "spurs only scout the combine" really something more than that the scouts stopped scouting during Covid? Also that coach turnover led to less scouting during the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the whole "spurs only scout the combine" really something more than that the scouts stopped scouting during Covid? Also that coach turnover led to less scouting during the season
    I think Samanic did well at the combine, so it's been going on for a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not even remotely true. There was only one year of limited or no travel. What IS true is that they seem to give more weight to what happens at the combine than in the past. That’s not the same as only scouting the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not even remotely true. There was only one year of limited or no travel. What IS true is that they seem to give more weight to what happens at the combine than in the past. That’s not the same as only scouting the combine.
    It’s what they “missed” on Samanic which in the past they’ve been very good at, delving into a person’s character than anything else, and seemed to zoomed their lenses on Samanic’s performance at the Combine, apparently neglecting other steps, uncharacteristic of Spurs really. And in Primo, while still very early, might seem they see something “deeper” that others are only looking skin deep, seems doing their homework while going against everybody else. With Weiskamp it’s more obvious, someone who can be a deadly shooter and yet being very athletic having a tremendous vertical, as opposed to lately Bryn, Beli and Patty-type sharpshooters.

All performed very well at the Combined, and yes seemed to play a relatively bigger role on their selection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t be surprised if PATFO has a selection from one of those, as they’ve recently heavily relied on, as shown on their picks of Samanic, Primo and Weiskamp, all performing very well at the Combine.
    I think there's real interest in Procida... I'm not sure where he's at on most boards but he has to be moving up after the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like who in cares if he's gay or not, if he's good at basketball he belongs on my fav team no doubt.
    I agree...Gay or Straight....doesn't mean to me. What can he do with the rock in his hands....what can he do on the defensive end. Can he lock down people on the perimeter? Can he effectively jump passing lanes? Can he attack the glass and secure needed rebounds? Is he a solid passer? Is he efficient with his shooting? Is he coachable and team oriented? This is what matters, not who he is sharing his bedroom with...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I were bisexual. Opens up the entire population.
    just commit a felony and go to prison.....they will bring the other side out of you, willingly or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's real interest in Procida... I'm not sure where he's at on most boards but he has to be moving up after the combine.
    At this point, he's probably the first option for no. 38, maybe even he receives consideration for no. 25 if the pick isn't used in a trade (whether up or for future pick). His potential, height, athletic profile, shooting, and draft & stash status should make him a very enticing prospect for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: how could we have drafted Primo based on the combine? Doh!

Also Spurs fans: Jalen Williams is killing it at the combine. We must draft him!
    I watched his videos from about a handful of games. He scores because he is a black hole on offense. He is a volume shooter, lacks accuracy, and he doesn't come across as very athletic too me. He doesn't seem to have great hops. Also, he seems a moment slow to react on the court.

I just don't get the hype for him at 9.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, he's probably the first option for no. 38, maybe even he receives consideration for no. 25 if the pick isn't used in a trade (whether up or for future pick). His potential, height, athletic profile, shooting, and draft & stash status should make him a very enticing prospect for the Spurs.
    I'm leaning on being all in for him at 25... I'd like to see what comes from a workout with us before I commit but I'm leaning that way based on the attributes you cited...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree...Gay or Straight....doesn't mean to me. What can he do with the rock in his hands....what can he do on the defensive end. Can he lock down people on the perimeter? Can he effectively jump passing lanes? Can he attack the glass and secure needed rebounds? Is he a solid passer? Is he efficient with his shooting? Is he coachable and team oriented? This is what matters, not who he is sharing his bedroom with...
    All very versatile and universally applicable skills both basketball and extra curricular.

I’d add can he bang with the big fellas down-low? How is his stamina? Can he shoot from deep? How does he deal with load management, especially a big one? Is he comfortable with multiple positions? Etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All very versatile and universally applicable skills both basketball and extra curricular.

I’d add can he bang with the big fellas down-low? How is his stamina? Can he shoot from deep? How does he deal with load management, especially a big one? Is he comfortable with multiple positions? Etc etc
    Well, if he is a SF, low post stamina is not as important as if he were a PF or C. On a positive note, the days of the classic low post bangers are pretty much behind us. There are only a few low post bangers left in the league, sadly. I miss the days of the high low and heavy pick and roll game. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy scoring in the 100s, but I am not a huge fan of 3pt chuck fests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would y'all feel if we drafted

Tari Eason
    EJ Liddell
    Walker Kessler
    Gabriele Procida

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be okay with taking procida with the 38th pick and then stashing him but i don't know what his camp thinks about him staying overseas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tari Eason
    EJ Liddell
    Walker Kessler
    Gabriele Procida
    As of now I'm probably good with Tari at #20, EJ or Procida at #25, and Kessler at #38

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tari Eason
    EJ Liddell
    Walker Kessler
    Gabriele Procida
    I hate Kessler. His big skill, shot blocking, isn't going to translate, and he knows it, skipping the combine strength and agility testing even though he's nowhere near the top of the draft. If you're slated in the top 10, OK, skip what you want. If you're not, you're hiding some deficit. He just gives me a Big Country Reeves vibe, a guy who destroyed everyone's shot in college, and busted out hard in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Kessler. His big skill, shot blocking, isn't going to translate, and he knows it, skipping the combine strength and agility testing even though he's nowhere near the top of the draft. If you're slated in the top 10, OK, skip what you want. If you're not, you're hiding some deficit. He just gives me a Big Country Reeves vibe, a guy who destroyed everyone's shot in college, and busted out hard in the NBA.
    not exactly the comp that any player wants to have.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need for Kessler if Poeltl is still on the team.

Stay away if possible but if Poeltl is traded he may be a cheap option.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the point of measuring both shoeless and in shoes when guys wear different shoes? I’m 5’9 barefoot, 5’11 in my J’s but easily 6’5 in stripper heels ��
    Because the NBA said so.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/nba...al-durant-zion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch Kupchak from an interview after his extension. Take it with a grain of salt but still….

I can't see whatever it is you're trying to show me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No , shoeless measurements are the benchmark and have been for a few years and that makes sense. I was asking why anyone bothers with both both shoes and shoeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling it now, spurs draft Dominick Barlow. Same reps as Primo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan shot bad at his own pro day workout?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling it now, spurs draft Dominick Barlow. Same reps as Primo
    Can't wait to read inside gossip about his growth plates.

Thread Information