Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Boston inconsistent and no heart.

Tatums idol player was Kobme.

It shows.

Brown not sure who he patterned after but it sure ain't Duncans mentality.
    ...that [Duncans mentality] left 1 in south Florida, FOREVER, Mult.

ha, ha.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst le team since the 79 Sonics.
    2006 Heat

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst le team since the 79 Sonics.
    2006 Heat

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way, Wade went into Jordan mode in the ECF and Finals and they still had a pretty good Shaq. 2006 Heat would destroy any of these teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . 2006 Heat would destroy any of these teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's so funny? Wade was in god mode the last two series. And you think Draymond, Horford, Robert Williams III, or PJ Tucker is stopping Shaq? We're not talking 36 year old Shaq, we're talking 33 year old Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can any opponent stop Warriors MVP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's so funny? Wade was in god mode the last two series. And you think Draymond, Horford, Robert Williams III, or PJ Tucker is stopping Shaq? We're not talking 36 year old Shaq, we're talking 33 year old Shaq.
    God mode as in needed the referees and a Josh Howard brain fart to be Dallas in 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God mode as in needed the referees and a Josh Howard brain fart to be Dallas in 6
    Meh you act like ty refereeing in 06 was somehow outside the norm. Officiating has been since the phantom foul that stole the Pistons 88 le away.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You never chastised Phil for saying it though
    What?!
    I thought it was wrong, but funny Phil a great troll
    My fave was after the heat for the brokeback mountain joke
    He apologized ti all the Cowboys and horses he offended.
    Phil a overrated egotistical asshole but he is funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You laugh, but those mfs would have a 8 on 5 advantage even on Steph era Dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?!
    So he’s funny and not acting like a child. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs Lakers is a meaningless argument, IMO. San Antonio is not a destination city for spoiled NBA stars. The Spurs had to get extremely fortunate in the draft and then have supreme FO management in order to maintain and build the 20 year dynasty they put together.

The Lakers roll the ball out to their latest group of A Listers who clamor to play there because of the glitz, glam and fame that comes with playing for the more famous of the city’s two NBA teams. The Lakers can reload without trying. They can be completely inept in their front office dealings, but they’ll always have all-stars wanting to play there. When you truly dissect the way the Lakers are run, 75% of the organizations in basketball are managed much more intelligently than they are, but they’ll always ebb and flow their way to intermittent les as superstars come and go through their doors, drawn to to LA like the ocean tides. The NBA needs the Lakers to stay relevant to sell their brand, and so they’ll always be relevant and in the conversation. The Spurs, at the end of the day, can be written off by the league and the only people who care reside in sleepy south Texas.

You can’t compare the two.
    Couldn’t have said it better.

Look at all the big name a list free agents in the last 50 years. I cannot think of any of them who switched teams but didn’t sign with one of San Francisco/LA, NY/Brooklyn or Miami other than Lebron to Cleveland (home town team) and Jordan to wizards (ownership). You can argue grant hill to Orlando (he was hurt and not an a lister), Garnett and Ray Allen to Boston (forced trades with collusion) or some over the hill guys.

Shaq to LA, Lebron to Miami then LA, Durant and Irving to San Francisco then Brooklyn. The spurs were the best run team and the biggest FA they ever signed was lamarcus Aldridge. Who did the trailblazers, sonics/thunder or nuggets ever signed? Even a team as storied as the Celtics never really signed anybody that big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh you act like ty refereeing in 06 was somehow outside the norm. Officiating has been since the phantom foul that stole the Pistons 88 le away.
    Pistons should have 3peated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pistons should have 3peated
    85, 88, 00, 02, 09 were all won under some form of questionable refereeing or another.

Then 2020 was a joke.

All these and they still had to include Minneapolis rings to “tie” with the Celtics for the most rings. Which other franchise can have 65% of their les won under su ious cir stances? They don’t make their own luck, somebody else made it for them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So he’s funny and not acting like a child. Got it.
    No he is a child, just a funny one, don’t be obtuse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?!
    Never found him funny all. He always came across to me as a lame troll the media loved because they needed to write. You can be honest and just say you enjoyed his trolling of Laker's opponents.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never found him funny all. He always came across to me as a lame troll the media loved because they needed to write. You can be honest and just say you enjoyed his trolling of Laker's opponents.
    He is not Chapelle or Burr …
    He funny in a dad jokes type of way
    Get your stick out your ass the bar is low for funny NBA coaches

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not Chapelle or Burr …
    He funny in a dad jokes type of way
    Get your stick out your ass the bar is low for funny NBA coaches
    More like get his out of your mouth. Like I said you enjoyed his trolling nothing wrong about it but it wasn't funny at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he is a child, just a funny one, don’t be obtuse
    So now he is. But he’s definitely funny first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Celtics, lessor two evils and coached by a former Spur. Anything but GW winning and Curry getting MVP is a decent outcome.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So now he is. But he’s definitely funny first.
    Said it at the time …
    I disagree with Thread’s political views
    But one of the truer words he spoke about pussies and assholes blame officiating …
    Same thing with asterisks or vacated les etc.
    Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win les under same cir stances as their opponents
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-30-2022 at 12:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said it at the time …
    But one of the truer words he spoke about pussies and assholes blame officiating …
    Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win les under sane cir stances as their opponents
    Thread is just a much a pussy and asshole as he rants against, he blamed the officiating for Trump's loss to Biden.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread is just a much a pussy and asshole as he rants against, he blamed the officiating for Trump's loss to Biden.
    Yeah, hence the political caveat ….
    Agree very convenient that voting machines, district lines and the whole process that got Trump in 2016
    Were faulty in 2020 …
    but this is about Sport not politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said it at the time …
    Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win les under same cir stances as their opponents
    Thread backtracks on every point whenever he sees fit.

My issue isn't that you didn't like Spurs fan asterisking the Lakers le, it's that you didn't when Phil did it.

Thread Information