Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying for a couple months now that I’m pretty confident Duren will not be the pick. Seeing that like 80% of mocks have us picking makes me feel even more confident lol. These mocks are never right. Leaning towards Dyson Daniels or Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I continue to be unimpressed with Kevin O'Connor. I don't know if he's lazy, but he rarely seem to care what he's talking about in his mock drafts lately.
    His explanation for the picks proves he’s just throwing darts against the wall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sporting News | NBA Mock Draft 2022: Jabari Smith Jr., Chet Holmgren go 1-2 to Magic, Thunder in complete 2-round edition
    Kyle Irving, 2 hours ago AKA 17 June 2022
    This would be a great outcome

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey TiMVP, you gonna do this again, now that the international withdrawal deadline is past?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! | Final 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Projections for all 58 picks ahead of Thursday's draft
    Krysten Peek, June 20, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: C Jalen Duren

Ht./Wt.: 6-11, 250 pounds | Class: Freshman | Memphis: 12 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.1 bpg

Duren was a consensus top-three player coming out of high school and despite his young age at 18 years old, he held his own in college hoops this season. He has an NBA-ready body at 250 pounds and was one of the best passers out of a double team in college basketball. Duren will be a project and is still a couple years away from contributing immediately to a team. He’ll need to work on his jump shot out of the pick-and-pop and his lateral quickness when having to occasionally step out and guard the perimeter. The Spurs could take Duren inside the top 10 and develop him alongside their 12th overall pick last year, Josh Primo. Primo spent most of his first year in the G League working on his game, and it could be a similar path for Duren, further developing under a great coaching staff.
    20. San Antonio Spurs: G Dalen Terry

Ht./Wt.: 6-7, 195 pounds | Class: Sop re | Arizona: 8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.9 apg

Terry elected to stay in the draft after not participating at the combine, outside of his agency's media day. The Spurs have three first-round picks and can afford to take a player like Terry, whom they can mold the next couple years as a secondary option alongside Josh Primo and Jalen Duren (who we project at No. 9).
    25. San Antonio Spurs: F E.J. Liddell

Ht./Wt.: 6-7, 240 pounds | Class: Junior | Ohio State: 19.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.5 apg

Liddell was one of the most improved players in college basketball this past season and solidified himself as a first-round pick after expanding his game on both ends of the floor. His 3-point shooting improved and he has a Grant Williams style of play on defense. He might be a little undersized at the power forward position at 6-foot-7 but he has the skill set to step out on the perimeter and impact the game with passing and creating for others.
    38. San Antonio Spurs: F Jaylin Williams (Arkansas)

Williams has great size at 6-foot-10 and 240 pounds and moves well off the block, creating space for his teammates. Williams averaged a double-double during the NCAA men's tournament (14.3 points and 11.8 rebounds) and was named to the West Regional All-Tournament team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not trade out of 25 for 2 Seconds? Maybe MIN with 40 and 48. Less financial commitment, can assess more talent, and if the talent is pretty even from 25-50, then why not take two free swings in the second as opposed to having to pay guaranteed money to someone in the first?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not trade out of 25 for 2 Seconds? Maybe MIN with 40 and 48. Less financial commitment, can assess more talent, and if the talent is pretty even from 25-50, then why not take two free swings in the second as opposed to having to pay guaranteed money to someone in the first?
    Perfection would be to roll it over to next draft somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided Pippen Ain't Easy | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Final two-round, 58-pick forecast
    Austin Carroll, 1 day ago, AKA 19 June 2022

jalen Duren
    C, San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

Jalen Duren is probably the singular most impressive athletic specimen in this draft. The things he can do at his young age are oftentimes hard to even believe. Duren terrorized opposing offenses with his stifling defensive play and dominance on the glass all year long at Memphis. His potential is sky-high and it would not surprise me at all if he became a top 3 player from this draft class.

But he is not that player yet. His offensive package is extremely raw and limited. He’s a burgeoning bundle of talent that’s going to need to be coached up and guided closely in order to develop properly. If any team can do that, it’s the Spurs. Duren’s shown flashes of a mid-range game, surprisingly competent playmaking ability, and elite defensive ability.

If he can make the most of those talents, Duren could very well become the next Bam Adebayo. That’s fantastic value here at the ninth spot.
    Jalen Williams
    SF, San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

if Jalen Williams is no longer on the board when the 20th pick rolls around on Thursday, I won’t be surprised. Several teams should be interested in his services, including the Bulls. But if Jalen Williams is still on the board after the 20th pick is made, I will be shocked.

Considered a second-round talent by many just a few months ago, Williams has vaulted up draft boards everywhere through his excellent play for Santa Clara. Averaging 18 points per game on 39.6% shooting from deep, Williams fits the archetype every team is looking for in today’s NBA. If he does manage to slip to No. 20, San Antonio shouldn’t hesitate to add the most promising wing left on the board.
    Dalen Terry
    G, San Antonio Spurs
    San Antonio Spurs

Dalen Terry’s size and playmaking ability are sure to have several teams interested here at the end of the first round. Should the Spurs decide to utilize their third pick of this draft here at No. 25, the sop re out of Arizona should definitely pique San Antonio’s interest.

If the Spurs manage to land a pair of high upside players in Jalen Duren and Jalen Williams, drafting a guard with a high floor might be the best move here. San Antonio clearly wants to invest in the development of Josh Primo and Devin Vassell, but the impending departure of Lonnie Walker in free agency should still open a sizeable reserve role for a solid player like Terry.
    38. San Antonio Spurs: Peyton Watson, SF, UCLA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided Pippen Ain't Easy | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Final two-round, 58-pick forecast
    Austin Carroll, 1 day ago, AKA 19 June 2022
    I like that one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Latest first-round projections for all 30 picks
    Rob Schaefer, June 20, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Jeremy Sochan, F, Baylor

2021-22 Stats: 9.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.3 spg | 47.4% FG, 29.6% 3P

Sochan has the tools to be elite at the defensive end of the floor, but questions regarding his outside shot muddy his overall projection. Enter San Antonio, and their sterling reputation for developing jumpers and menacing defensive wings.

20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Blake Wesley, G, Notre Dame

2021-22 Stats: 14.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.3 spg | 40.4% FG, 30.3% 3P

The Spurs displayed a penchant for raw, high-potential shot-creators by plucking Josh Primo late in the lottery of the 2021 draft. Wesley has a similar profile. He burst on the scene as a freshman at Notre Dame, becoming the first one-and-done in the program’s history on the weight of his physical tools and dynamic off-the-dribble game. If he can iron out his scoring efficiency at the next level, he could wind up a tremendous value in the back-end of the first round.
    25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): Nikola Jović, F, Mega Basket

2021-22 Stats (Liga ABA): 11.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 3.4 apg | 42.8% FG, 35.6% 3P

Jović is a lesser-known quan y, having spent the last two seasons in the Adriatic League. But in theory, his jack-of-all trades skill set, which features everything from ball handling to table-setting to shooting, would be a dream match with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that one..
    One of the things I like/dislike about rooting for laundry sites like Pippen Ain't Easy, SpursTalk, Peachtree Hoops, and so on, is the tendency to pick for other teams so that a desired pick drops. That said, the wishful thinking does highlight what those teams fans want. May Sharpe go in top 8!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles Times | 2022 NBA mock draft: Top three picks look certain
    Broderick Turner, June 20, 2022

9. San Antonio: Ousmane Dieng, 19, F, 6-9, France

Has been impressive in workouts during draft process, moving him up.
    20. San Antonio: Kennedy Chandler, 19, PG, 6-0, Tennessee

He’s super-fast and can score.
    25. San Antonio: E.J. Liddell, 21, F, 6-7, Ohio State

Undersized power forward, but is strong and tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Washington Post | 2022 NBA mock draft: Jabari Smith or Chet Holmgren at No. 1?
    Ben Golliver, June 20, 2022

San Antonio Spurs: Ousmane Dieng (New Zealand Breakers)
    Return to menu

The 19-year-old Dieng, who hails from France, needs some work: He’s not yet much of a threat at the rim or beyond the arc, and he put up modest numbers (8.9 PPG, 3.2 RPG) during his one year with the New Zealand Breakers, who play in Australia’s National Basketball League. Still, he has the frame, feel and passing-minded approach to be a fit in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie Wire | 2022 NBA Mock Draft 6.0: The final predictions for all 58 picks
    Cody Taylor, June 20, 2022

San Antonio Spurs: Shaedon Sharpe, Kentucky

Matt Stone/Courier Journal

Height: 6-5

Weight: 198

Year: Freshman

Position: G

There is still much unknown about Sharpe after sitting out last season at Kentucky, but teams are certainly still intrigued with his ability and potential. The Spurs appear to be the floor for Sharpe as the former five-star recruit could be off of the board by now. We are a bit lower on Sharpe than most but if he can develop into the player many believe he can be, San Antonio would pick up a valuable rotation player that could potentially develop into a star.
    San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto): Walker Kessler, Auburn

Caitie McMekin/News Sentinel

Height: 7-1

Weight: 256

Year: Sop re

Position: C

The Naismith Defensive Player of the Year measured in with a 7-foot-4 wingspan at the draft combine and added about nine pounds from his playing weight at Auburn. Kessler would fill some needs for San Antonio in the frontcourt, especially on the defensive end, and could be a good possibility here.
    San Antonio Spurs (from Boston): MarJon Beauchamp, NBA G League Ignite

Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports

Height: 6-6

Weight: 196

Year: N/A

Position: F

Beauchamp projects to be a good selection as a player that can step in and contribute off the bench. He can give the Spurs another strong defender with his 7-foot wingspan and elite athleticism. He will need to work on his shooting but, with the Spurs holding three first-round picks, would be a great choice to consider at this point of the draft.
    38. San Antonio (from Lakers): Ismael Kamagate, Paris (France)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch Sports | Final 2022 NBA Mock Draft
    Sean Barnard, June 20, 2022

9) San Antonio Spurs: Ousmane Dieng- Wing New Zealand

A 6’9″ wing with intriguing potential, Ousmane Dieng has not gotten as much buzz as he has earned. He spent last season with the New Zealand Breakers where he had an up-and-down season. His 7-foot wingspan and fluid movement are intriguing, and he is a great fit in the modern NBA. Dieng has been a recent draft riser, so it should not be a surprise if he sneaks into the top 10.
    20) San Antonio Spurs: Nikola Jovic- Wing Serbia

A high-level passer who excels in transition, Nikola Jovic is a polished NBA prospect. The Serbian wing teases shot creation potential and possesses a high IQ. His 6’10” size makes him a matchup nightmare for opponents. The San Antonio Spurs would be a perfect landing spot for the 19-year-old.
    25) San Antonio Spurs: Jake LaRavia- Forward Wake Forest

A high-IQ player with and without the ball, Jake LaRavia projects well at the NBA level. The 20-year-old transferred to Wake Forest after two seasons at Indiana State and took the next necessary steps in his development. The lack of athleticism and shot creation will limit him, but LaRavia has the feel of a productive NBA role player moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope some of these sites don't get paid for their work. The last two are astonishingly bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fanside Daily Knicks | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: What is going to happen on June 23?
    Mark Wessol, 3 minutes ago AKA 20 June 2022

Jalen Duren
    Center Memphis
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs are practically gifted big man Jalen Duren here at No. 9. He is a very young and somewhat raw center who can easily excel in the right fit.

He is a great shot blocker and rebounder and finds himself in lob situations constantly on offense. His mid-range jump shot is there as well, making him an all-around NBA day one center. Pair him with star Dejounte Murray and you have an awesome young guard/center duo for years to come.

His potential is through the roof with his young age, but he has had some concerns with his motor and hustle at times. With a little development from one of the GOATs in Gregg Popovich, I think Duren could quickly become of the premier centers in the NBA.
    Nikola Jovic
    SF Mega Mozzart
    San Antonio Spurs

This may sound silly, but Nikola Jovic is pretty similar to superstar Nikola Jokic. He loves to find his teammates by threading the needle and making it look effortless. He is 6’11” and can put the ball on the floor and has a good jump shot.

He is quicker and not as broad/strong as Jokic, and is still a bit slow, especially when sliding his feet on defense. Nonetheless, he is a player you don’t see every day and because of that, I think he finds himself off the board here with Popovich and the Spurs.
    Andrew Nembhard
    PG Gonzaga
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs are on the clock here with their third first-round pick and could possibly try to shop this selection.

But for this mock draft, I’ll have them stick it out and select point guard Andrew Nembhard.

Some may disagree with this pick and think that it’s way too early for him to be selected, but I see Nembhard as one of the few high floor players in this class. He has played four years of college basketball and has proven that he can be the floor general for your team.

He is “already” (hate using that word with rookies) 22, but he acts and plays like he is older. He rarely makes mistakes and always knows where his teammates are, as he averaged 5.8 assists last year for Gonzaga.

Nembhard is my sleeper this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball News | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: 6/17/22
    Matt Bab , June 17, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs

Jeremy Sochan

6-9 | 230 | Baylor | Forward

Jeremy Sochan is an energetic, athletic forward with positional size, standing 6-foot-9. He has a tremendous motor and excels as a versatile defender and rebounder due to his footwork and length. Sochan has shown flashes of self-creation but primarily scored off of cuts at the rim and catch-and-shoot threes this past season. He will only be 19 years old on draft day, but he is already showing why he has big-time potential at the NBA level. Sochan's combination of size, athleticism, instincts and skill is unique.
    20. San Antonio Spurs

Nikola Jović

6-10 | 222 | Mega Basket | Forward

Nikola Jović just turned 19 years old, two weeks before the 2022 NBA Draft, so he is young but skilled and full of promise. At 6-foot-10, Jović excels as a playmaker and scorer. He is comfortable as a ball-handler and is a functional passer. Jović lacks elite explosiveness and can be a bit streaky as a shooter from deep; however, his confidence and skill set make him an intriguing long-term prospect.
    25. San Antonio Spurs

Jake LaRavia

6-8 | 227 | Wake Forest | Forward

After transferring from Indiana State, Jake LaRavia immediately impacted the Wake Forest team this past season, establishing himself as a worthy NBA prospect and one of the best shooters in the ACC Conference. At 6-foot-8, LaRavia is a versatile scorer and rebounder and has a tremendous feel for the game.
    38. San Antonio Spurs: Jean Montero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mocks obsessed with giving Jovic to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops Hype | Aggregate NBA mock draft 7.0: Ousmane Dieng moves into lottery, Jalen Williams top 20; trade talks
    Michael Scotto, June 18, 2022

Don't read this for Spurs' picks, but rather as a good guess of best available.

9. AJ Griffin

Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

(Duke: Wing, Freshman, 6-8)

Previous rank: 8 (-1)

Best rank: 7 (CBS Sports)

Worst rank: 12

San Antonio has worked out several projected lottery picks, including AJ Griffin, Shaedon Sharpe, Dyson Daniels, and Johnny Davis.

HoopsHype recently spoke with the former Duke swingman. Find out why scouts project him as a top 10 pick, why he looks up to Jimmy Butler, his favorite moments with Coach K, his NBA Draft suit surprise, and more in our interview.
    20. Blake Wesley

AP Photo/Denis Poroy

(Notre Dame: Guard, Freshman, 6-5)

Previous rank: 22 (+2)

Best rank: 15 (Yahoo)

Worst rank: NR

Wesley has worked out for the Spurs, who own this pick, but rival executives believe San Antonio is a potential candidate to try and move up in the draft.
    25. Walker Kessler

Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images

(Auburn: Big, Sop re, 7-1)

Previous rank: 23 (-2)

Best rank: 19 (ESPN)

(Not included in one mock draft)

If San Antonio selected any center in the first round such as Jalen Duren, Mark Williams, or Walker Kessler, the phone would be ringing often with rival teams checking in on the availability of starting center Jakob Poeltl, who’s entering the final year of his contract at $9.4 million.

Kessler is an elite rim protector and ranked second in all of college basketball in blocked shots per game (4.56) for Auburn. He’s also a good rebounder.
    38. Ryan Rollins

David Banks-USA TODAY Sports

(Toledo: Guard, Sop re, 6-4)

Previous rank: 42 (+4)

Best rank: 25 (NBADraft.net)

(Not included in four mock drafts)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's Paolo Banchero goes No. 1 based on who is most likely to have the best pro career
    Matt Norlander, 10 minutes ago AKA 20 June 2022

Round 1 - Pick 9
    team logo
    team logo
    headshot-image
    Mark Williams C
    Duke • Soph • 7'2" / 242 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    17th
    POSITION RNK
    3rd
    PPG
    RPG
    APG
    FG%
    72.1%
    Will never be a do-it-all big man, but has a chance to be a top-five defensive big in the NBA. Maybe it won't even take that long. Williams is a rim-running problem who can guard in the interior, rebound like and is probably going to grow into an adept passing center. He's a true center, and it's hard to see him expanding his game too much from there, but his length, hand size, jumping ability and always-searching eyes will ensure he won't bust.
    Round 1 - Pick 20
    team logo
    team logo
    headshot-image
    Johnny Davis SF
    Wisconsin • Soph • 6'6" / 196 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    15th
    POSITION RNK
    3rd
    PPG
    RPG
    APG
    3P%
    30.6%
    If you've been scrolling and thinking I forgot Davis, fear not. I can't stress this enough: all those mock drafts you've been reading that have a lot of sameness to them? They'll in many regards wind up being wrong (and that's to be expected). So many guys will eventually prove they were taken too late or too early. With Davis, I'll side with the too early camp. He was a college stud (I loved him at Wisconsin), but I'll sell him being a lottery-level value in the long run because I'm projecting that the gap between college and the NBA will be a significant one for someone who wasn't an exception shooter, isn't an elite athlete and had problems with some of his decision-making. This is a like-don't-love situation for me.
    Round 1 - Pick 25
    team logo
    team logo
    headshot-image
    Nikola Jovic SF
    Serbia • 6'10" / 210 lbs
    Projected Team
    San Antonio
    PROSPECT RNK
    27th
    POSITION RNK
    7th
    Too tall and skilled to not have a first-round grade on. The tempo and body movement with his dribbling and step-back reminds me of Michael Porter Jr. Jovic hails from Serbia — the land of two-time reigning MVP Nikola Jokić. Jovic is a fascinating prospect. He plays just a bit faster than he looks, is a bit lighter than his frame belies, and has a better touch around the rim than it seems when you watch the tape. Talent-wise, he's among the best this year has to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Philadelphia | First-round mock draft: Can Sixers snag a player who helps right away?
    Noah Levick, 10 minutes ago AKA 20 June 2022

9. Spurs: Jeremy Sochan, F, Baylor

He surely won’t ever match Dennis Rodman, but Sochan has already sported plenty of bright hair colors and styles. When he’s out there, you’ll know. Another similarity with Rodman: He’s glad to play intense, irritating defense on anyone and is physically equipped to do it. Sochan came off Baylor’s bench and didn’t post huge numbers, but the top-10 buzz makes perfect sense. He shot just 29.6 percent from three-point range and 58.9 percent from the foul line, though the Spurs have a lot of faith in shooting coach Chip Engelland.
    20. Spurs: Nikola Jovic, F, Mega Mozzart

A center would be sensible here for a team thinking most about winning games next season. Though they managed to qualify for the play-in tournament last year, the Spurs shouldn’t be in that mode. Counting Zach Collins (non-guaranteed salary), Devin Vassell and Josh Primo (club options), San Antonio has only five players under contract through the 2023-24 season, per Spotrac. In that context, it would be easy to understand the Spurs drafting a tall, multi-skilled Serbian wing.
    25. Spurs: Jaden Hardy, SG, G League Ignite

A single inefficient season of professional basketball doesn’t negate all of the scoring tools that made Hardy one of the country’s top high school recruits. He gets off long-range shots, which could wind up being useful in San Antonio. The Spurs have consistently ranked near the bottom of the league in three-point frequency (28th last year, per Cleaning the Glass).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mocks obsessed with giving Jovic to the Spurs.
    lol, if the mocks are wrong the guy may go undrafted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of these mocks are just awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of these mocks are just awful
    That’s why they’re mocks. They don’t mean until the day before the draft or so, and even then, they still don’t mean . People just like to fart around cause they’re bored waiting for the Draft.

One thing that is almost always certain though, is that outside of the top 5 picks or so, if most mocks are projecting the same players to the same teams over and over, they’re almost always wrong. Usually doesn’t happen.

Thread Information