Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2628
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying it for years, libs love killing babies. It's nice to see a lib be honest about it.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

oh wow gotheem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gotheem

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmao normal people who arent propagandized by Chapo Trap House/Intercept level garbage just 100% united against that guy twice now: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/u...ic-voters.html
    lol centrist Dems have been getting royally cucked by Republicans for decades, and still choose to blame everybody but themselves

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A virus isn't usually isn't killed or destroyed by medical intervention normally it's replication is stopped giving your immune system time to do it's job. You made the metaphor and it was a metaphor.
    You're avoiding the fundamental question with semantics and red herrings.

The CEO thing
    The CEO is laying off people. Affecting their income, their lifestyle, potentially their families and living situations. So again, at whose expense is an "abortion for selfish reasons?"

I think you realize the ridiculousness of your take which is why you've taken to brevity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying it for years, libs love killing babies. It's nice to see a lib be honest about it.
    lol wannabe troll can't handle being trolled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virus is the wrong description, IMO. The early gestation period is a parasitic relationship. The lump of cells initially, then the fetus, is wholly reliant on the host to survive.

And yes, some parasite infections do require surgery for removal.

But, regardless, this is the wrong discussion when it comes to the law, and merely a distraction.

It's a distraction because, much like abortion isn't explicitly codified in the US Cons ution, neither is the unborn.

Generally speaking, the 14th amendment only speaks of "persons", and while Justice Blackmun back in Roe determined that legally personhood doesn't start until actual birth, states like Texas at the time claimed the unborn had personhood.

Again, this is what the Cons ution says vs what States or the Federal government might've encoded into laws later on.

So that's really where the discussion eventually hinges on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virus is the wrong description, IMO. The early gestation period is a parasitic relationship. The lump of cells initially, then the fetus, is wholly reliant on the host to survive.

But, regardless, this is the wrong discussion when it comes to the law, and merely a distraction.
    In the context of the discussion I am having with trainwreck, regarding supposed selfish motivations for abortions, whether an embryo compares better scientifically with a virus or a parasite is not important. I could have said cancer and the comparison still holds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In the context of the discussion I am having with trainwreck, regarding supposed selfish motivations for abortions, whether an embryo compares better scientifically with a virus or a parasite is not important. I could have said cancer, parasite, bullet, or tapeworm and the comparison still holds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Double posted and I was only able to edit the second one.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a distraction because, much like abortion isn't explicitly codified in the US Cons ution, neither is the unborn.

Generally speaking, the 14th amendment only speaks of "persons", and while Justice Blackmun back in Roe determined that legally personhood doesn't start until actual birth, states like Texas at the time claimed the unborn had personhood.

Again, this is what the Cons ution says vs what States or the Federal government might've encoded into laws later on.

I agree 100% - parasites!

Just ask Qchrisy's mom. She has dealt with that parasitic issue for over 40+years.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're avoiding the fundamental question with semantics and red herrings.

The CEO is laying off people. Affecting their income, their lifestyle, potentially their families and living situations. So again, at whose expense is an "abortion for selfish reasons?"

I think you realize the ridiculousness of your take which is why you've taken to brevity.
    Mother er I told you what you could use to better give an apt metaphor, cause your metaphor was . Think of the laid off worker of a company as a single cell in the company that gets excised for no reason but profit, not even to stave off ruin but just max profit. You for some reason equate me calling someone a piece of as some kind of disagreement for their rights or some crap. No, they're just a piece of , acting on their own self interest. Which okay, you do you, but you're still a piece of .

In the context of the discussion I am having with trainwreck, regarding supposed selfish motivations for abortions, whether an embryo compares better scientifically with a virus or a parasite is not important. I could have said cancer, parasite, bullet, or tapeworm and the comparison still holds.
    you could have but you didn't

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which is a bat insane idea because that would mean any child conceived be foreigners on us soil should be en led to dual citizenship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Double posted and I was only able to edit the second one.)
    Sorry this is happening to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Libs are funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is a bat insane idea because that would mean any child conceived be foreigners on us soil should be en led to dual citizenship
    Exactly, and this was wholly unaddressed by the latest ruling. In part, this is why this has been an asinine decision, and will continue to be litigated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legal clashes await U.S. companies covering workers' abortion costs

June 26 (Reuters) - A growing number of large U.S. companies have said they will cover travel costs for employees who must leave their home states to get abortions, but these new policies could expose businesses to lawsuits and even potential criminal liability, legal experts said.

Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), Apple Inc (AAPL.O), Lyft Inc (LYFT.O), Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) and JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) were among companies that announced plans to provide those benefits through their health insurance plans in anticipation of Friday's U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that had legalized abortion nationwide.

Within an hour of the decision being released, Conde Nast chief executive Roger Lynch sent a memo to staff announcing a travel reimbursement policy and calling the court's ruling "a crushing blow to reproductive rights." Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) unveiled a similar policy on Friday, telling employees that it recognizes the impact of the abortion ruling but remains committed to providing comprehensive access to quality healthcare, according to a spokesman.

Companies including health insurer Cigna Corp (CI.N), Paypal Holdings Inc (PYPL.O), Alaska Airlines Inc [RIC:RIC:ALKAIR.UL] and 's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS.N) also announced reimbursement policies on Friday.

State lawmakers in Texas have already threatened Citigroup Inc (C.N) and Lyft, which had earlier announced travel reimbursement policies, with legal repercussions. A group of Republican lawmakers in a letter last month to Lyft chief executive Logan Green said Texas "will take swift and decisive action" if the ride-hailing company implements the policy.

The legislators also outlined a series of abortion-related proposals, including a bill that would bar companies from doing business in Texas if they pay for residents of the state to receive abortions elsewhere.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/leg...ts-2022-06-26/

christian sharia triggered.
    Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legal clashes await U.S. companies covering workers' abortion costs

June 26 (Reuters) - A growing number of large U.S. companies have said they will cover travel costs for employees who must leave their home states to get abortions, but these new policies could expose businesses to lawsuits and even potential criminal liability, legal experts said.

Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), Apple Inc (AAPL.O), Lyft Inc (LYFT.O), Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) and JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) were among companies that announced plans to provide those benefits through their health insurance plans in anticipation of Friday's U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that had legalized abortion nationwide.

Within an hour of the decision being released, Conde Nast chief executive Roger Lynch sent a memo to staff announcing a travel reimbursement policy and calling the court's ruling "a crushing blow to reproductive rights." Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) unveiled a similar policy on Friday, telling employees that it recognizes the impact of the abortion ruling but remains committed to providing comprehensive access to quality healthcare, according to a spokesman.

Companies including health insurer Cigna Corp (CI.N), Paypal Holdings Inc (PYPL.O), Alaska Airlines Inc [RIC:RIC:ALKAIR.UL] and 's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS.N) also announced reimbursement policies on Friday.

State lawmakers in Texas have already threatened Citigroup Inc (C.N) and Lyft, which had earlier announced travel reimbursement policies, with legal repercussions. A group of Republican lawmakers in a letter last month to Lyft chief executive Logan Green said Texas "will take swift and decisive action" if the ride-hailing company implements the policy.

The legislators also outlined a series of abortion-related proposals, including a bill that would bar companies from doing business in Texas if they pay for residents of the state to receive abortions elsewhere.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/leg...ts-2022-06-26/

christian sharia triggered.
    Texas
    Tesla would close up in Texas and open another facility in California!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Donald Trump's lasting legacy will now be the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 3:37 PM ET, Sat June 25, 2022

Nigh on a half-century & that old man rendered it null & void.

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

Roe is dead, Trump put it on-the-spot and killed it. No mistakes this time; he chose wisely, hitting each of the 3 like ringing a bell. Nobody faltered, or, turned him.

And late your side came hard; first with the leak and then late with the assassination attempt on Kavanaugh.

Trump did right.
    "Easy to do justice. Hard to do right."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Libs are funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wanted to call an embryo a virus because, like I said, you've been pussy whipped into going HAM for anything a woman tells you to go HAM about. Now Roe V Wade is about how much of an undesirable, almost evil presence a baby inside a womb is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to and also get some younger candidates out there because the last thing this country needs are 70+ year old fossils from the Beaver Cleaver era running the country and making decisions for the next generation. I think voting being more convenient is what scares Republicans the most because they know younger people are much more tolerant and have the potential to stop their antiquated agenda.
    We also don't need noobs getting bent over by experienced world leaders. Somewhere in the middle would be good, a person with experience with the military who has political leadership skills and is savvy about global politics.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Thread Information