Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see where DJ was working out 30 minutes from the Hawks facility on Saturday.
    If Trae Young were working out in Kerrville, I wouldn't GAF. That's 30 minutes from the new Spurs practice facility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newsflash ladies and gents. NBA players workout with other NBA players in the off-season. Have you not noticed DJ has been hopping with elite talent the last few summers and taking advantage of his growing s om. He has been involved in high level runs, summits and and pro-am games the last few seasons with some of the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would like expect a max offer once his deal is done. I don't think he's what the Spurs would consider a max player, and their history is expecting their stars to take some sort of home town deal.

The move then is to trade him now and bet on someone developing to be a worthy max player. That player would also be asked to take a haircut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs aren't trying to trade him and were only responding to an offer the Hawks made, they need to explain it to Dejounte. I don't want him getting mad and then actually asking for a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would like expect a max offer once his deal is done. I don't think he's what the Spurs would consider a max player, and their history is expecting their stars to take some sort of home town deal.

The move then is to trade him now and bet on someone developing to be a worthy max player. That player would also be asked to take a haircut.
    This is just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs aren't trying to trade him and were only responding to an offer the Hawks made, they need to explain it to Dejounte. I don't want him getting mad and then actually asking for a trade.
    This isn’t his first rodeo and he is learning how the business side works. He was very clear during NBA AS interviews about that part. His response to these rumours suggests he realizes they were just that. What conversations go on behind closed doors with DJ and PATFO will be just that; behind closed doors but I seriously doubt this is enough to make him want out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to combine assets into AllStar players. Not splitting AllStar players into multiple assets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to combine assets into AllStar players. Not splitting AllStar players into multiple assets
    Ok, it sounds good in theory, but what Allstars are attainable to pair with DJ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, it sounds good in theory, but what Allstars are attainable to pair with DJ?
    I don't get paid enough to know that answer. All I know is that splitting resources will continue to push back the compe ive timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get paid enough to know that answer. All I know is that splitting resources will continue to push back the compe ive timeline.
    It will push back the compe ive timeline but, if there are no Allstars that we can acquire the timeline for being compe ive sooner hasn't even started and won't start.... so in reality your we can trade DJ and push back the timeline...or keep him and remain mediocre and push the timeline back even further...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't tell him and his agent neither. Then DJ will get mad and want out

Seems like people here don't understand how an NBA franchise operates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? And that's the difference between making trades on a fan board where it's not our business nor money and actually running an hundred of million dollars NBA franchise.

I mean we got Sochan at 9 this year, I like the pick but would people be happy some pick we could got for DJM would be a Sochan, or even a Kegan Murray or a Shaedon Sharpe...? Can anyone tell if these guys are or will be better than Murray Spurs years investing on and would have to go the whole process again?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? And that's the difference between making trades on a fan board where it's not our business nor money and actually running an hundred of million dollars NBA franchise.

I mean we got Sochan at 9 this year, I like the pick but would people be happy some pick we could got for DJM would be a Sochan, or even a Kegan Murray or a Shaedon Sharpe...? Can anyone tell if these guys are or will be better than Murray Spurs years investing on and would have to go the whole process again?
    Sochan should be better….. he’s better in some vital areas now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn is this is really about to happen. And this is a really ty trade for us…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not only would we not be getting John Collins back in the deal so that we could flip him elsewhere for future draft capital, we’d only be getting back the corpse of Gallinari and mid-to-late FRP’s… this would be a re ed trade on our end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallo and a couple non-lottery picks. It must be Primo time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn is this is really about to happen. And this is a really ty trade for us…

Damn, I don’t know what to think anymore. Are the first round picks that Atlanta and maybe a third team can offer us really worth it? The Spurs will still win just enough games to not be considered tanking unless they trade Poeltl as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still standing by the “it’s not going to happen” stance.

I’ll personally write an apology letter to mo7888 if it does. But it won’t.

Logic just says DJ won’t make an effort to reach out to the new rooks if this was anywhere near the realm of possibility. Once the “pact” between DJ and the Spurs is broken, DJ seems like the type of dude to cut ties for good. He’s still keeping those ties when he has no reason to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no way this FO is re ed enough to trade Murray for trash like that, and this is coming from an outspoken critic of theirs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody ted on Collins now we’re getting Gallo, FML. Lol jk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no way this FO is re ed enough to trade Murray for trash like that, and this is coming from an outspoken critic of theirs
    Seriously.

Brian Wright just showed he is capable. We have enough future draft capital as is. More can be had between J Rich and other less important pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure speculation but I wonder if something happened in that locker room during the playin game, I remember DJ being really upset at the refs and maybe something happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, I'm going to be so pissed if the Spurs end up with a bunch of mid first rounders for DJ. That guy is also a local sports dude in ATL, so it seems like this might actually be on the verge of happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure speculation but I wonder if something happened in that locker room during the playin game, I remember DJ being really upset at the refs and maybe something happened
    Doubt it. I'm sure Spurs have talked to DJ and probably got his input. They know they are not near contending and probably asked him if he wanted to continue on or be traded with a chance to compete. I don't think they'd cut ties just because he got emotional during a game

Thread Information