Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need a third team involved. I think Detroit would be a perfect partner. They just list Grant and have a hole at PF. They could use Collins and at 24 he fits their timeline better. Plus they have an influx of capspace after the draft night trades so they could absorb the salary.
    Collins to Detroit
    Murray to Atlanta
    Detroit 2023 &2025 unprotected FRP to the Spurs
    Atlanta 2024 lottery protected FRP to the Spurs
    We shouldn't need to take back and salary which means we could make a run for Ayton and trade Jak for another FRP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will happen or die by Wednesday. Sometime that day Gallo becomes guaranteed, and I think the cap room created by cutting him was an asset in this deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was 6 days ago
    thanks, I know how to read a date.... that's still Murray reacting to a potential trade to Atlanta... Not like his universe changed in one week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need a third team involved. I think Detroit would be a perfect partner. They just list Grant and have a hole at PF. They could use Collins and at 24 he fits their timeline better. Plus they have an influx of capspace after the draft night trades so they could absorb the salary.
    Collins to Detroit
    Murray to Atlanta
    We shouldn't need to take back and salary which means we could make a run for Ayton and trade Jak for another FRP
    why would the Spurs make a run at Ayton when Murray is too old? They have to get a top pick. Everybody older than 20 should be traded

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF...this happens, I'd guess their plan is to throw Primo into the fire--let him run the offense getting him great early experience and allowing them to lose 55+ games to have a shot at potential all-time-level guy Wembanyama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would the Spurs make a run at Ayton when Murray is too old? They have to get a top pick. Everybody older than 20 should be traded
    spurs should become the Logan's Run world of the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great message to the young guys that you can develop your game with the Spurs and eventually you'll get traded to a much better franchise as a reward.
    If there's not a specific asset (pick) with a decent or better chance of yielding a star, then yeah they'd look like a feeder franchise at that point.

IF...this happens, I'd guess their plan is to throw Primo into the fire--let him run the offense getting him great early experience and allowing them to lose 55+ games to have a shot at potential all-time-level guy Wembanyama.
    That'd be stupid. There's already ample opportunity for him. A 19 year old, who was a projected late 1st, that has yet to establish himself as an NBA player, shouldn't be played out of position (with no one else who can create offense) for something like 30 mpg on a bottom feeder. That's a good way to set him up to fail and destroy his confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins to Detroit
    Murray to Atlanta
    You’re essentially expecting Detroit to give up a very good chance at Wembayana for John Collins.

Mother of God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who the f is zach klein?
    Looks like a good one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd be stupid. There's already ample opportunity for him. A 19 year old, who was a projected late 1st, that has yet to establish himself as an NBA player, shouldn't be played out of position (with no one else who can create offense) for something like 30 mpg on a bottom feeder. That's a good way to set him up to fail and destroy his confidence.
    "If I could really do what I wanted to do and I didn't care about anything else in the world, I'd throw him in the frying pan the way we did Tony Parker. But the difference was Tony played a couple of years against grown men in the European Leagues before he came over."

You may be correct, just saying I could see that being the scenario.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are also cases league-wide of current stars playing 30+ minutes their first year on absolute bottom-feeders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should become the Logan's Run world of the NBA
    RENEW!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins to Detroit
    Murray to Atlanta
    add this to the list of god awful trades proposed by ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another year of a possibly even worse season for a chance at a player???? I hope we missing something or there is more involved. We don't have a guarantee that we will get Wemby this is dumb. And I love pop as a coach but if you are coming back and this is the plan why bother? You taking one for the team? Don't lose time you can't get back walk away. We could acquire the whole first round and if we don't win that lottery we end up in basketball limbo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If I could really do what I wanted to do and I didn't care about anything else in the world, I'd throw him in the frying pan the way we did Tony Parker. But the difference was Tony played a couple of years against grown men in the European Leagues before he came over."

You may be correct, just saying I could see that being the scenario.
    I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, just saying it seems far fetched.

The difference was/is, Parker was a PG and got to play with then then best player in the world, who the offense mostly ran through and another future first ballot Hall of Fame player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks, I know how to read a date.... that's still Murray reacting to a potential trade to Atlanta... Not like his universe changed in one week.
    Well that tweet is all over this board so you should probably put some context to your post when posting it 6 days later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas would be great tbh. Two favorite teams in the same city within a 4.5hr drive from LA, chef's kiss tbh
    So you have no ties to San Antonio or Texas? How do you become a Spurs fans then. If it was a player then that guys long been gone right.
    The team moving to Vegas would probably have a completely different iden y - team names, colors et all. They wouldn't be hanging the SA banners in their stadium.

It'd be just picking a random team to start rooting for. And if you're in LA you've got two local teams to pick. That's just puzzling to me my man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently Zach Klein has legit sources from the ATL front office. He called the Doncic for Trae Young trade hours before it happened and also predicted the Okongwu pick. Spurs and Hawks are definitely talking

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn is this is really about to happen. And this is a really ty trade for us…

WTF. I’m trying hard to squint hard to find the deal that makes sense here:

- Unprotected 2023 FRP
    - CHA 2023 FRP they own
    - AJ Griffen (just drafted)
    - Okangwu or Hunter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins to Detroit
    Murray to Atlanta
    Detroit has M Bagley and they're not stupid. I agree that there should be a third team to take on Collins, but it's not them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The days of teams trading unprotected first round picks are probably over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The days of teams trading unprotected first round picks are probably over.
    I get it, but what else would make an ATL offer more appealing to say a Knicks offer if not that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, but what else would make an ATL offer more appealing to say a Knicks offer if not that?
    Nothing. None of this makes sense as is. I can only imagine there's something else going on. The Spurs tend to get gunshy when their plans get leaked, so either this is bogus or they're permitting some of this to get out there. Maybe there are other teams or assets moving around underwater.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This rumored trade is idiotic, even for Wright

If you want to tank, do what OKC did and use cap space for picks and sit guys if their ankle feels funny. You don't trade away your SGA.

Those picks, 2 or 3 doesn't matter, they're going to be almost worthless picks in the 20s. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get paid enough to know that answer. All I know is that splitting resources will continue to push back the compe ive timeline.
    You’re not trading Murray, a literal borderline all star. For real all stars.

Thread Information