Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2994
    Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not pretend the Knicks have any assets to entice anyone to take that Stoudemire contract. Iman Shumpert sucks.
    Lakers are going to do Phil a solid and take Bargnani off there hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I don't think Pau will play for the Spurs or Thunder..he is more likely to go to Chicago..
    Yes that would be ideal for him, but it won't be a possibility if they sign someone else to a big contract- hence the discussion about money or winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Parrish GaryParrishCBS · 1h

NBA News: Grizz free agent James Johnson has agreed in principle to a two-year contract with the Raptors, a source told @CBSSports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple quick thoughts:

1. Pau isn't coming to SA. Not only would he be giving up more money than he could get from Chi/LA, he would also be coming into a place where he would have to accept a diminished role from what he has played his entire career whereas at least he would still be a starter in OKC. There is no way Pau starts next to Duncan for the Spurs since their PnR defense would be atrocious, and they would be redundant on offense (also there is 0% Tim is coming off the bench).

2. A max contract for Bosh in Houston doesn't make them better but it does make them top heavy. Sure it improves their starting line-up which would be as formidable as any in the NBA, but that is nearly 60 mil committed to 3 players (one of which only plays one side of the court). If they keep Parsons then it jumps to nearly 75 mil for 4 players. As Larry Coon pointed out, they would have to gut their roster to get it done leaving them with no bench. In order to move Lin they're going to need to give up future assets so its unlikely Hou would have future draft picks to fill out the roster in the next couple of years, plus if they want to retain Beverly he is due a payday in the next few years. As far as filling out the roster, you never know what type of FAs are willing to sign for the vet. min but I would think some would be weary of signing with a team that got bounced in the 1st round and whose major addition (Bosh) came with the subtraction of the rest of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pau will end up getting payed somehow. Whether it's going to a team that can offer more salary (Chicago, Miami?) or another contender finding a way to get him via S&T. I don't see him playing for the MLE anywhere unless there is absolutely no way a deal can be worked out. I think he definitely wants to get payed though.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs worked a sign and trade for Pau. Giving up perhaps Daye Baynes Ayres and a pick. What would be the most Pau could get paid and have the trade work salary-wise?
    Cause if the Lakers are willing to take Boozer...

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see a path for NY to bring back Melo for the max and still sign Pau to a contract well in excess of the MLE?
    Sign-and-traded Pau for Bargnani and Shumpert plus maybe the rights to an international player or a pick? About all I can see and is still quite unlikely. Obv only happens if the Lakers completely strike out in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign-and-traded Pau for Bargnani and Shumpert plus maybe the rights to an international player or a pick? About all I can see and is still quite unlikely. Obv only happens if the Lakers completely strike out in free agency.
    Yeah, if the Lakers give up on making major improvements this summer, then that sort of S&T (Pau for a large expiring contract plus picks and/or rookie contracts) becomes a possibility. The NY one you mention or similar deals from Chicago (Boozer) or OKC (Perkins). The Spurs don't have an excess piece like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol to CHI makes a lot of sense

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs worked a sign and trade for Pau. Giving up perhaps Daye Baynes Ayres and a pick. What would be the most Pau could get paid and have the trade work salary-wise?
    150% of the Salaries given up. 1.86mil for Ayres. 1.06 mil for Daye. Let's say Bonner resigns for 2mil 3 yr deal. That would be 8 mil worth of salaries. Best the Spurs can do with this trade is take Gasol on a 2 year sign and trade of 12mil. Not that much off from the MLE.

Spurs more than likely would have to include Joesph as well in the deal. That would allow the Spurs to give a 8 mil a year salary to Gasol. Maybe there was a reason the Spurs sign Cotton to a 2 year deal and picked up Daye's contract. But that's a lot for the Spurs to give up. I think it would just be for the MLE if they got Gasol.

This trade would be a uva a lot better for the Lakers than getting Boozer. And the Bulls have to take back at least 13.44 mil in salaries to unload Boozer's contract since they were a Tax Team. It looks like the Bulls have turn their interest to Lance at this point, probably in a S&T with the Pacers

Amnestying Boozer would be asinine for the Bulls to do just to sign Gasol. Their stats have been basically the same for the past 3-4 years and Boozer is younger. You would be paying for Gasol technically 27mil next year.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's need to milk attention from situations like this borders on Favreian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm, if the Lakers wanted to sign-and-trade Pau Gasol, they sure as wouldn't do it for Daye, Baynes, Ayres and a low draft pick. They would be able to do a lot, lot, LOT better than that. Get real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · 13h

Meanwhile, Trevor Ariza seems to be everyone's backup plan. Wizards want to re-sign him but SF $ is exploding & WAS won't go past $9M/yr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Feigen: If Rockets get Bosh and can do both in time, they'd match Parsons' offer sheet, per source. If don't get Bosh, tough, close call on Parsons. Twitter Jonathan Feigen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's need to milk attention from situations like this borders on Favreian.
    Him and melo both

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish he would make his damn decision already and get on with it. It borders on being narcissistic if you ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Blake signed a two year deal with Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Blake signed a two year deal with Portland.
    Good signing for Portland. Strengthens there bench.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read in a report that Evan Turner's value might be minimum or near it, so my question is, would you sign Evan for the minimum or bi-annual exception if possible?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are going to do Phil a solid and take Bargnani off there hands.
    In a deal for Nash, why not? Perhaps they could shake something else away from the Knicks too though both players are pretty useless.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Solid signing by Portland.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count