Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green needs to be a backup SG. Unfortunately, so does Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's averaging 28 mpg in the month of March shooting 32% from the field and 31% from three. He's cooled off pretty significantly since the first two months of the year.

I blame his confidence, which shows in his foot work in catch and shoot opportunities. His feet are constantly hesitating and out of sync instead of going to the straight up and down hop that we was so fluid with during his runs in 13-14'.

Agree with this 100%...

He's not confident because he knows he sucks lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is shooting a ghastly 10.5 % from 10-16 ft on the floor ...

Didn't the Spurs hire Kirk Goldsberry? If this dude didn't already come down to Pop office with a print of DG's shot chart, they are doing it wrong..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't the Spurs hire Kirk Goldsberry? If this dude didn't already come down to Pop office with a print of DG's shot chart, they are doing it wrong..
    It's too late for Green. He's damn 30 years old and can't make any reasonable drive to the bucket or hit a short jumper. I doubt any opposing coaches even look at him as a threat. Lay off of him and let him shoot. If he gets hot, play out on him. Because even if he drives by, he's not going to do anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even stand the sight of this BASN (broke-ass-shot-nig**) anymore. I've never seen a so called good/great shooter completely lose his shot on a consistent basis like Green does. Each time he does, it seems to last longer and longer and longer. Really strange. I won't be calling him LDN anymore, that's for sure.

Anywhere in that range is like a layup to me. I'd be mad if I shot less than 50% in that range. If the shots are open, I'd expect to shoot anywhere from 55-65%+. How are some NBA players that bad at shooting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen dozens of threads/analysis on the KingSlayer's defense metrics but what about Danny's. I have watched most if not all of the games but I haven't seen Danny shut down many if any on defense. He seems to be more of the set up guy. He guards the hot guard with minimal success if any until the 4th when Kiwi switches to them and puts the clamps on. That in and of itself is a valuable skill but he doesn't seem to be the other half of the wing stop dynamic defensive duo anymore. That plus an inability to consistently make shots or dribble makes him less of a plus and more of a minus. An ability to put the clamps on two wing players is a weapon to be feared in the playoffs but the Spurs don't seem able to claim that right now. I was hoping the Juice could ascend to that level as well but I haven't seen much of it from him either. Maybe they save it for the Dubs.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's defense has been fantastic and he is a big part of the Spurs defense, however he is a liability on offense. Even his 3 point shot has become suspect. I honestly have more confidence in Gasol when he shoots a 3 than I do when Danny jacks one up....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's defense has been fantastic and he is a big part of the Spurs defense, however he is a liability on offense. Even his 3 point shot has become suspect. I honestly have more confidence in Gasol when he shoots a 3 than I do when Danny jacks one up....
    Pau is the best three-point shooter on the team by a wide margin. He's fifth in the NBA (with only one player ahead of him having more than 10 attempts). So yeah, you should have more confidence in Gasol's shot than damned near anyone else's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau is the best three-point shooter on the team by a wide margin. He's fifth in the NBA (with only one player ahead of him having more than 10 attempts). So yeah, you should have more confidence in Gasol's shot than damned near anyone else's.
    I don't know what the stats are, but very time Pau, Bertans or Patty shoot the ball from 3 I feel like it's going in. Every time I see Danny Green or Simmons shoot a 3, I cringe.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what the stats are, but very time Pau, Bertans or Patty shoot the ball from 3 I feel like it's going in. I rarely see him miss. Every time I see Danny Green or Simmons shoot a 3, I cringe.....
    You should focus more on his defense then, you'll cringe less.. I'll take his D over his 9 points a game in 3's at this point.

He's been better than Kawhi in certain defensive aspects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should focus more on his defense then, you'll cringe less.. I'll take his D over his 9 points a game in 3's at this point.

He's been better than Kawhi in certain defensive aspects.
    Like I said in an earlier post. His defense is fantastic. But he does not get a free pass with with me to be ty on offense just because his defense is good. He needs to step up his game.
    Let's not bull each other
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 03-28-2017 at 08:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in an earlier post. His defense is fantastic. But he does not get a free pass with with me to be ty on offense just because his defense is good. He needs to step up his game.
    Let's not bull each other - that offense is gone. If it came back it would be a miracle. He's so deep in his head you just know every shot is rimming out. He'll hit the occasional shot here and there, but I'm personally trying to not even worry about his O and only worry about his D. I know when he misses a shot, he'll be the first guy back contesting a shot.

He gets as free pass from me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many times does Danny have to hit shot after shot in the playoffs to prove to people he's a gamer? NOT WORRIED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season is proof that defense alone does not win championships. Some offense is still necessary.
    Regardless of how good a team's defense is, basketball is still a game where you need to score more than your opponent in order to win the game....
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 03-28-2017 at 08:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season is proof that defense alone does not win championships. Some offense is still necessary.
    Regardless of how good a team's defense is, basketball is still a game where you need to score more than your opponent in order to win the game....
    Good thing SA swapped out Tim (no offense) for Pau (lots of offense) then!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely do agree. Pau's offense has been absolutely valuable to this year's team.
    Danny Green's however, not so much....
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 03-28-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadman (zero offense) die?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's offense was fine last playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's offense was fine last playoffs.
    My point is the saying 'defense wins championships' is not necessary the complete truth and is overstated. We had the best defensive team in the league last year and maybe our best defensive team ever and we didn't win a championship last year. Offense is still important. In order to win you still have to be able score. Danny Green needs to contribute on offense...
    He needs to be a 2 way player and not just play half of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better be wearing their cups tonight bc Green will unleash his awkward kick outs tonight, guaranteed.

That said, when Durant comes back tonight, I hope he and Green continue their little hissy fits at each other. Funny that Durant escaped Westbrook only to inherit Green.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never seen such an average player get so much backing. It's almost like the will to be right on the internet trumps common sense.

Green better figure it out it out in the playoffs or he needs to go. I think we should be looking to up grade him anyway. Our SG rotation is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was a better shooter before he started trying to "expand" his game to include shot fakes and drives. He needs to only worry about catching and shooting. His willingness to try and dribble after a fake makes it look like he's leaning forward on his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information