Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...then we can't be mad. He can get ed over in LA where the movies and the beaches and the pretty people are.

The premium to being in San Antonio is supposed to be professionalism, expertise, and incisive, knowledgeable personnel.

If we're not offering that, if we've endangered his career, can't blame him for getting out of town.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude they like a thousand post saying the same ............................but just have to say Kawhi still can't wipe his own ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing they didn't diagnose correctly was Kawhis vaginitis

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^^

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did not misdiagnose his condition. He's had this problem since college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never had surgery. He was NOT told he was healthy and then told by another doctor that he needs an operation. He was told the same thing by everyone. Rest and Rehab the Quad. He did it all season long. There is no Misdiagnosis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing they didn't diagnose correctly was Kawhis vaginitis
    Was this more or less severe than Tiago's vaginitis?

Honestly looking forward to yours and others opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The diagnosis (after his MRI I believe) was there was no structural damage, while the patient still reported pain after those January games. No surgery recommended, as there was nothing structural to fix.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never had surgery. He was NOT told he was healthy and then told by another doctor that he needs an operation. He was told the same thing by everyone. Rest and Rehab the Quad. He did it all season long. There is no Misdiagnosis.
    Sorry for kinda buying into a false narrative.

Welp. 'em.

Hopefully we can finesse the Suns for their pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was misdiagnosed, why wouldn’t his group make that knowledge public

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "misdiagnose"? it is a subjective injury and you can have different opinions. The spur docs didn't "misdiagnose" like the word is thrown around. You need radiographic findings on MRI which are only readily apparent early on and were normal at the time the spur docs made their diagnosis. The spurs aren't looking to over their investment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did not misdiagnose his condition. He's had this problem since college.
    yep, and in 7 years with spurs, he had only two seasons with 70 games played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no misdiagnosis. A near billion dollar professional sports organization, and one that has a sterling history of keeping its players healthy, is not suddenly going to become incompetent overnight and up the treatment of their future cornerstone. Nor do I believe the comments Pop, Tony, and Manu made to the media played any kind of factor in pushing Kawhi out. Here's the likely scenario:

- The Spurs organization and the roster likely got wind that Kawhi is no longer happy playing for the Spurs sometime during the 2017 off-season.
    - Kawhi possibly had a sit down with Spurs brass (including Pop) in before the season started and was asked about his feelings on the matter. Uncle Dennis was possibly there acting as a mouthpiece.
    - Uncle Dennis/Kawhi confirmed nor denied the rumors Kawhi was unhappy in San Antonio. No clear answers, but Spurs brass can read the writing on the wall that he's likely not re-signing.
    - Kawhi uses injury excuse to avoid playing out the season, confirming what was felt all along. He's not happy playing there. The reasons could be anything. Clashing with Pop. Teammates. Or he simply wants a change of scenery.
    - Pop, Tony, Manu see it as a move that Kawhi is choosing not to play out the season, despite being cleared to play, so they drop snide remarks when the media asks them about the situation instead of the usual canned statements.

That said, I'm not siding the Spurs organization out of any kind of bias, I just don't believe with how the situation unfolded that the Spurs did anything to alienate Kawhi. They likely bent over backwards for him during the period leading up to the comments, which by that time, they were done placating. And the Spurs have a right to pissed. This was a team with an outside shot at a le and I'm sure they lost a lot of money over the season due to lower television ratings, merchandise sales, etc, despite Kawhi getting paid 19 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs did misdiagnose Leonard. He needed a psychiatric referral.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs organization's record speaks for itself. They've done a great job over the years keeping players healthy. For reasons known or unknown, the relationship seems to be broken. Leonard can't seem to really speak for himself. So we are all left to speculate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no misdiagnosis. A near billion dollar professional sports organization, and one that has a sterling history of keeping its players healthy, is not suddenly going to become incompetent overnight and up the treatment of their future cornerstone. Nor do I believe the comments Pop, Tony, and Manu made to the media played any kind of factor in pushing Kawhi out. Here's the likely scenario:

- The Spurs organization and the roster likely got wind that Kawhi is no longer happy playing for the Spurs sometime during the 2017 off-season.
    - Kawhi possibly had a sit down with Spurs brass (including Pop) in before the season started and was asked about his feelings on the matter. Uncle Dennis was possibly there acting as a mouthpiece.
    - Uncle Dennis/Kawhi confirmed nor denied the rumors Kawhi was unhappy in San Antonio. No clear answers, but Spurs brass can read the writing on the wall that he's likely not re-signing.
    - Kawhi uses injury excuse to avoid playing out the season, confirming what was felt all along. He's not happy playing there. The reasons could be anything. Clashing with Pop. Teammates. Or he simply wants a change of scenery.
    - Pop, Tony, Manu see it as a move that Kawhi is choosing not to play out the season, despite being cleared to play, so they drop snide remarks when the media asks them about the situation instead of the usual canned statements.

That said, I'm not siding the Spurs organization out of any kind of bias, I just don't believe with how the situation unfolded that the Spurs did anything to alienate Kawhi. They likely bent over backwards for him during the period leading up to the comments, which by that time, they were done placating. And the Spurs have a right to pissed. This was a team with an outside shot at a le and I'm sure they lost a lot of money over the season due to lower television ratings, merchandise sales, etc, despite Kawhi getting paid 19 million.
    This sounds very likely to me except I would think spurs try to trade him before deadline? unless kawhi stays quiet until after deadline about not wanting to stay?

not to mention a boat load of money to walk away from... so is it more possible that he has a chronic injury that would hurt his next contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "misdiagnose"? it is a subjective injury and you can have different opinions. The spur docs didn't "misdiagnose" like the word is thrown around. You need radiographic findings on MRI which are only readily apparent early on and were normal at the time the spur docs made their diagnosis. The spurs aren't looking to over their investment.
    It is hilarious and ridiculous that anyone would throw around the idea that the Spurs doctors who have to be some of the very best in the country don’t know how to properly diagnose a quad injury. Even idiot Former athletes like Shannon Sharpe were acting like it’s likely they simply misdiagnosed his injury. Give me a ing break. These doctors are paid an insane amount of money to properly diagnose an athletes injury. There is practically zero chance he was misdiagnosed by any of the Spurs doctors. It’s a stupid excuse Leonard made. It’s not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for kinda buying into a false narrative.

Welp. 'em.

Hopefully we can finesse the Suns for their pick.
    I am so disappointed with how this whole thing has played out. It is like our entire immediate future just went down the toilet. Leonard was playing so great for the last two years before this season and now all of a sudden, for reasons that still make very little sense to me whatsoever he wants to leave. It’s ing ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is hilarious and ridiculous that anyone would throw around the idea that the Spurs doctors who have to be some of the very best in the country don’t know how to properly diagnose a quad injury. Even idiot Former athletes like Shannon Sharpe were acting like it’s likely they simply misdiagnosed his injury. Give me a ing break. These doctors are paid an insane amount of money to properly diagnose an athletes injury. There is practically zero chance he was misdiagnosed by any of the Spurs doctors. It’s a stupid excuse Leonard made. It’s not true.
    And don't forget, he's had his own doctors since last summer, at least according to his own sister. So if he had problems during the season, it was not because of the SPURS.

This is almost always overlooked or forgotten in the equation of the decisions that he and his doctors were in control before the season even started.

It should be a red flag for everyone about the underlying agenda here. It's the one thing, above all else, that finally pushed me over the edge. His, or his uncle's agenda, is highly suspect.

Thread Information