Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2178
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Milutinov going to help right away? He's a true center who's not better than LaMarcus, and is not better than Poeltl. No need to pay a third string center a big chunk of the MLE. He's off the rookie scale now, and can up his asking price.

If you pick some kid at #29, he can be had for like ~$1M and change.
    I happen to think Milutinov can be better then Poeltl. Beyond that, Poeltl is going to be rfa next summer, and Milutinov under contract would be Poeltl insurance. And if they start Poeltl full time, maybe not a bad idea considering Rudy Gay's drop off, then I like the idea of having a legit center behind him to come in and do the dirty work for the bench, hard screens and rebounding. Even with Aldridge on the team, I think he's been played too many minutes in the regular season often as the lone big, and those are hard minutes. Maybe Poeltl won't be the starter, I suppose that Dejounte in the lineup could rebound enough and defend enough to use Bertans as the PF, but we'll see.

Another thing is that the market this summer makes doesn't look like it has much more guys at the Spurs needs and at their price range. Most other teams will have capspace and the ability to outspend the mle for the most useful candidates. And other guys who could have been mle players fell apart like Stanley Johnson and should end up being cheap enough that the full mle is overpay.

Maybe Trevor Ariza is an MLE guy, and that'd be fine, but he's close enough to Washed Up Lake that I wouldn't be super confident in his contributions. I could see him at more than mle though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That statement makes absolutely no sense. If you're in win now mode, why bring over a player that will take two years to develop? That's not "winning now". He'll also be third string. He'll also want to be paid. Guards an wings are the future. You won't need more than maybe two post players on your roster, and we already have that.

Oh, and check the rosters in Europe. You could put together a pretty credible team of Spurs draftees that never came over. It happens.
    Pretty much

PG-
    SG-Hanga
    SF-Dangubic
    PF-Printezis (Lorbek)
    C-Millutinov (Gist)

Millutinov is too expensive for what he's going to provide AFTER getting acclimated to NBA bball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is Milutonov hyped here? This euroscrub had shown nothing. Better than Poetl? Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much

PG-
    SG-Hanga
    SF-Dangubic
    PF-Printezis (Lorbek)
    C-Millutinov (Gist)

Millutinov is too expensive for what he's going to provide AFTER getting acclimated to NBA bball
    Did you forget nando?

Or is this just draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you forget nando?
    Nando played in the NBA he's not part of those that never made the jump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is Milutonov hyped here? This euroscrub had shown nothing. Better than Poetl? Lmao
    He's been productive oversee's not sure what you're talking about. 11.7 ppg and 7.9 rpg, (3.5 O rpg) in 26 mpg on 66% FG. Not better than Jacob but he could end up being a very solid rotation player.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-22-2019 at 06:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I happen to think Milutinov can be better then Poeltl. Beyond that, Poeltl is going to be rfa next summer, and Milutinov under contract would be Poeltl insurance. And if they start Poeltl full time, maybe not a bad idea considering Rudy Gay's drop off, then I like the idea of having a legit center behind him to come in and do the dirty work for the bench, hard screens and rebounding. Even with Aldridge on the team, I think he's been played too many minutes in the regular season often as the lone big, and those are hard minutes. Maybe Poeltl won't be the starter, I suppose that Dejounte in the lineup could rebound enough and defend enough to use Bertans as the PF, but we'll see.

Another thing is that the market this summer makes doesn't look like it has much more guys at the Spurs needs and at their price range. Most other teams will have capspace and the ability to outspend the mle for the most useful candidates. And other guys who could have been mle players fell apart like Stanley Johnson and should end up being cheap enough that the full mle is overpay.

Maybe Trevor Ariza is an MLE guy, and that'd be fine, but he's close enough to Washed Up Lake that I wouldn't be super confident in his contributions. I could see him at more than mle though

Spurs should be able to easily retain Poeltl given his RFA status, Milutinov being signed would be LMA insurance if chose to leave SA and head back to Portland.

I think Jakob is better than Milutinov but Milutinov does provide value; he is a good finisher and excellent rebounder, especially offensively. Having him as the 3rd center (behind LMA and Poeltl whom I expect to continue to start together next season)

I think the Spurs will use part of the MLE on bringing Miltinov over, not bringing in a vet like Ariza. The way it stands, the Spurs rotation will already be jam packed; Beli and Walker may be on the outside looking in on the rotation. Maybe they could bring in Stanley Johnson using the remaining portion of the MLE but they may just keep that money available for buyout market next season.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-22-2019 at 05:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Donatas Motiejūnas going to be cheaper than milutinov? There's no indication he's coming back but they wouldn't have bright him on unless they had a plan to retain him. Maybe if Rudy goes, then four bigs makes sense, but the montj may be a sign milutinov isn't in their

plans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Donatas Motiejūnas going to be cheaper than milutinov? There's no indication he's coming back but they wouldn't have bright him on unless they had a plan to retain him. Maybe if Rudy goes, then four bigs makes sense, but the montj may be a sign milutinov isn't in their

plans

Pretty sure motiejunas has already signed a deal in China, idk if he can back out of it or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be able to easily retain Poeltl given his RFA status, Milutinov being signed would be LMA insurance if chose to leave SA and head back to Portland.

I think Jakob is better than Milutinov but Milutinov does provide value; he is a good finisher and excellent rebounder, especially offensively. Having him as the 3rd center (behind LMA and Poeltl whom I expect to continue to start together next season)

I think the Spurs will use part of the MLE on bringing Miltinov over, not bringing in a vet like Ariza. The way it stands, the Spurs rotation will already be jam backed; Beli and Walker may be on the outside looking in on the rotation. Maybe they could bring in Stanley Johnson using the remaining portion of the MLE but they may just keep that money available for buyout market next season.
    It's shocking how many people don't seem to comprehend this. The likes of Ariza, Carroll, etc. aren't signing here to fill the Cunningham role.

The only possible rotation player I could see being traded, is Forbes and even then, it would either be as part of a package for a young veteran (Prince?) or more likely to move up in the draft (Hunter is likely out of reach, but possibly Little, Doumbouya, Clarke, etc), so even if they go that route, they likely either fill the spot in the trade or have whoever that player is compete with Walker for it.

With Johnson, I don't think it'll be so much about the money as it is the opportunity. He'll probably want to do what the likes of Hezonja and Vonleh did this season and go to a team like the Knicks, where he's guaranteed significant minutes. If they end up with Little or Clarke, they probably won't even attempt to sign someone like him anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure motiejunas has already signed a deal in China, idk if he can back out of it or not.
    He is not locked into that deal. He can be part of an NBA team next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see him getting at least half of the MLE ($9 million), on a 3 year deal. That's probably at least $16 million. He would likely play a big role next season but could play a bigger role in year two and three when Aldridge is older and or not on the team.

It's not ideal to pay him that much but he could be a good rotational big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Milutinov going to help right away? He's a true center who's not better than LaMarcus, and is not better than Poeltl. No need to pay a third string center a big chunk of the MLE. He's off the rookie scale now, and can up his asking price.

If you pick some kid at #29, he can be had for like ~$1M and change.
    I think he might be a better player than Poeltl now though. The guy can hit free throws, moves just as well as Poeltl, rebound, and his form on his shot suggests he might be able to hit 15 foot jumpers. Obviously Jacob has played in the NBA so all of what I typed is a guess but the guy for all intents and purposes looks like an asset that can be used on the court or as trade bait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No point in bringing over Milutinov while we still have Jacob, they are too similar and no room for two of that kind in the rotation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all gonna laugh but I had a dream the spurs took Tyler Herro 19th and KZ Opala 29th! If that happens I’m opening a psychic business lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be happy with that draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be happy with that draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's shocking how many people don't seem to comprehend this. The likes of Ariza, Carroll, etc. aren't signing here to fill the Cunningham role.

The only possible rotation player I could see being traded, is Forbes and even then, it would either be as part of a package for a young veteran (Prince?) or more likely to move up in the draft (Hunter is likely out of reach, but possibly Little, Doumbouya, Clarke, etc), so even if they go that route, they likely either fill the spot in the trade or have whoever that player is compete with Walker for it.

With Johnson, I don't think it'll be so much about the money as it is the opportunity. He'll probably want to do what the likes of Hezonja and Vonleh did this season and go to a team like the Knicks, where he's guaranteed significant minutes. If they end up with Little or Clarke, they probably won't even attempt to sign someone like him anyway.
    Not sure about that honestly.

Locks for minutes (and lets assume starting lineup): Murray/White/DeRozan/?/LMA
    Locks for minutes (and lets assume bench lineup): Mills/Lonnie, Forbes or Beli/Bertans/Rudy/Jakob

By just cutting Beli out there is definitely room for a SF/PF and someone like Morris/Ariza/Carroll could walk into a starting role. I can see Mills getting minutes reduced by Forbes/Murray. Likewise Beli for Lonnie.

I think Cunningham and Pondexter are gone. It’s possible Rudy is gone, but I think he stays if sa operates over the cap, maybe another one year deal.

But we may see a trade of Beli, Forbes or Mills and even if not, I can see Beli being cut out of the rotation unless Lonnie really doesn't impress in training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How concerned are people about Okeke’s injury and age? I really liked his game and I dont know how SA passes on someone like that at 29 unless there is that major of a concern.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How concerned are people about Okeke’s injury and age? I really liked his game and I dont know how SA passes on someone like that at 29 unless there is that major of a concern.
    Worth a pick to me. A little concerning that he was already wrapping his knees like even before the injury, but it is what it is. I watched Auburn's first 2 tourny games yesterday, and I'm surprised he wasn't rated higher than he usually was amongst draftniks. Turns 21 in August, doesn't bother me with him that much

Plus he can rehab while getting over himself in Austin.

I'd be happy with him in the first. If the Spurs could land 2 of 3 of Clarke, Okeke and Thybulle I'd be pretty happy, but that's just my opinion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at Louis King I think you might him

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sports Daily: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
    By: ProCity Hoops Staff | April 22, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs – Grant Williams (Tennessee, F)

An undersized power forward, but not quick enough to guard a small forward, which means he is a perfect fit for Coach Pop and the Spurs. Someone who has a high-IQ, good passing abilty, somewhat versatile, and hard worker, Williams will find a role easily on the roster.
    29. San Antonio Spurs – Ty Jerome (Virginia, G)

A smart, shifty, and lights out shooter at the point guard position. Another perfect fir for the Spurs system, Jerome never tries to do too much, and will fit in perfectly with a team that shoots the best percentage from deep in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No point in bringing over Milutinov while we still have Jacob, they are too similar and no room for two of that kind in the rotation
    Don't get that logic tbh, having two productive youngish bigs is better than one tbh. Milutinov's numbers suggest he is a great finisher and rebounder, especially offensively, and a decent FT shooter to boot.

LMA is a FA after next season and will be 35, Milutinov is about 9 years younger. He may end up being Jakob's backup going forward, after next season depending on what happens with Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walter Football: 2019 NBA Mock Draft
    Written by David Kay - david_kmiecik.
    This 2019 NBA Mock Draft was updated: April 15, 2019.

19. San Antonio Spurs: Daniel Gifford, C, Arkansas, 6-11, Soph.
    Gafford is a terrific athlete who can make his mark on the defensive end, but is also a capable scorer. The Spurs could use some youth and versatility in their frontcourt, which Gafford should eventually be able to provide.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto Raptors): Luguentz Dort, SG, Arizona State, 6-4, Fr.
    Since I have the Spurs going adding size with their earlier pick, they look to add perimeter depth here. The Canadian has the build of a linebacker and uses his strength and skill to be an effective scorer.
    49. San Antonio Spurs: Admiral Schofield, SF, Tennessee, 6-6, Sr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders:
    Mock Drafts
    NBA Daily: 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft – 4/23/19

The annual Portsmouth Invitational is in the books, and the bulk of the early entry candidates have declared for the 2019 NBA Draft. Steve Kyler takes another look at all 60-picks in his latest NBA Mock Draft.
    Steve Kyler

Rui Hachimura
    San Antonio Spurs

GonzagaJunior

Goga Bitadze
    San Antonio Spurs

Mega BemaxInternational
    Height: 6' 11
    Position: C
    Weight: 250

Moses Brown
    San Antonio Spurs