Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the fact that players are bigger and faster and jump higher, have you tried the fancy shoes most of them wear nowadays? they are feathers with little or no support for foot and ankle. Cool for going to school, but not much more.
    It is more dangerous than playing in Taylor's. I am sure many injuries are somehow shoe related.
    Article to a similar assertion with Lonzo and the BBB brand shoes....Lakers think his ankle issues are from him wearing BBB branded shoes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tragic injury for sure, but at least it wasn't tendinopathy.
    You mean an injury so obscure that it took 10 doctors to evaluate him before one could find the problem and treat his problems...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean an injury so obscure that it took 10 doctors to evaluate him before one could find the problem and treat his problems...
    At least that one doctor that got the diagnosis right also gave him the proper prescription/treatment

"Two of these after lunch,ice packs on quads after mild exercise,request trade from Spurs during summer,follow your Uncle's instructions all year long"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think portland will Fall, they are playing solid basketball and with kanter they can stay good.

People who talk about nurkic behaviour are just Dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this,a funeral and we can't express an opinion out of respect for the deseased?

A millionaire athlete broke his leg.It sucks.He was unlucky.He's 24 years old.Bones heal.He'll get over it.He'll be back.

And people dictating what other people can or cannot talk about in a basketball forum are dumb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least that one doctor that got the diagnosis right also gave him the proper prescription/treatment

"Two of these after lunch,ice packs on quads after mild exercise,request trade from Spurs during summer,follow your Uncle's instructions all year long"
    Guess the doctor without the MD gave the diagnosis to the MD under the table with stack of green paper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess the doctor without the MD gave the diagnosis to the MD under the table with stack of green paper
    Did the snake even get an actual diagnosis from his NY ‘doctors’?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, RIP nurkic tbh. those injuries are soul crushing.. and the other players' reactions always tell the whole story. wish him a good recovery. sucks tbh

but tlongII on the other hand, tbh fwiw imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the snake even get an actual diagnosis from his NY ‘doctors’?
    Yessir but they didn't officially released it to the public,reporters said it was leaked unofficially.

Ossification of the quad muscle cause of mistreatment of quad contusion.

Basically Nephew's side leaked that he took a knee in the quad,he wasn't allowed to heal properly,he took another knee,double contusion,the muscle hardened and became inflamed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tragic injury for sure, but at least it wasn't tendinopathy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yessir but they didn't officially released it to the public,reporters said it was leaked unofficially.

Ossification of the quad muscle cause of mistreatment of quad contusion.

Basically Nephew's side leaked that he took a knee in the quad,he wasn't allowed to heal properly,he took another knee,double contusion,the muscle hardened and became inflamed.
    myositis ossificans. And its not an immediate diagnosis. Its a delayed reaction to blunt trauma (think car accident). No doctor would have made that diagnosis at time of injury and even then its a difficult one to make until its ossified, i.e. it takes time.

BS if they blamed spurs staff on that ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    myositis ossificans. And its not an immediate diagnosis. Its a delayed reaction to blunt trauma (think car accident). No doctor would have made that diagnosis at time of injury and even then its a difficult one to make until its ossified, i.e. it takes time.

BS if they blamed spurs staff on that ...
    Yeah that's the one.They said he had/developed it since 2017 not last season.

And,yeah,they did blame it on Spurs staff,they pushed the narrative that chronic quad tendinopathy was the wrong diagnosis,they didn't discover the myositis ossificans and they were treating him for the wrong injury.And basically that was the reason Nephew became distant from the Spurs organization.

Also,we got sidetracked with #2 with no reason at all.

Hang in there Nurk,get well soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's the one.They said he had/developed it since 2017 not last season.

And,yeah,they did blame it on Spurs staff,they pushed the narrative that chronic quad tendinopathy was the wrong diagnosis,they didn't discover the myositis ossificans and they were treating him for the wrong injury.And basically that was the reason Nephew became distant from the Spurs organization.

Also,we got sidetracked with #2 with no reason at all.

Hang in there Nurk,get well soon.
    I'm still rolling my eyes at them ....

Its a delayed complication. And he's also split off from Spurs medical staff for awhile before this all shook out. And if it was the spurs medical staff, thats not a reason to sit out, etc. The allowed him to get his own treatment.

Its all BS.
    Last edited by lmbebo; 03-26-2019 at 11:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad stuff . I wish him a speedy recovery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as it looked, if it's clean he should hopefully make it back. Those crazy knee ones are much worse IMO since they affect the players ability to turn and jump, and they aren't like bone which heals up better (provided it's not totally shattered)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He trips Westbrick before the moron's shove to Nurk,he trash talks Simmons when he's bricking a free throw and he pushes away Temple.

Here's what's out of context on my behalf,i have ZERO problem with Nurk doing all those things and then some either while defending himself or playing mind games.Zero problem.

My debate was with Monty cause he called Nurk a good guy all around.That's what i disputed.Not what he's doing and why he's doing it.Simply the fact that he's more of an asshole,an enforcer,a dude that gets underneath opponent's skin,than a good guy.That was my argument and i give zero s about Westbrook,Simmons or Temple or whoever Nurk has gotten in a scuffle with.
    You know what they say. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sometimes punks like Westbrick deserve to be ed with a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what they say. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sometimes punks like Westbrick deserve to be ed with a little.
    Even more so,if you aggravate Westbrick there is a high % chance he is gonna go hero ball,stop passing the ball to George and shoot his team out of the game.

But,and there's always a but,you really should do that in a subtle way.Nurk unfortunately got ejected on that game with 2 T's (one on that play,one in a scuffle with PG) and Blazers lost the game cause of his ejection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more so,if you aggravate Westbrick there is a high % chance he is gonna go hero ball,stop passing the ball to George and shoot his team out of the game.

But,and there's always a but,you really should do that in a subtle way.Nurk unfortunately got ejected on that game with 2 T's (one on that play,one in a scuffle with PG) and Blazers lost the game cause of his ejection.
    How could he possibly be any more subtle? It required slow-motion video review to even notice that Nurkic might have possibly moved his foot slightly to the side, and even then, I'm still not convinced it was intentional. Brilliant if so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could he possibly be any more subtle? It required slow-motion video review to even notice that Nurkic might have possibly moved his foot slightly to the side, and even then, I'm still not convinced it was intentional. Brilliant if so.
    You're right,the trip was subtle and quite possibly if he doesn't get shoved down the court they don't review it and he doesn't get a T.He got ejected for the PG altercation,i had to go back and check the vid again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he signed his new contract last summer and wasn't a Free Agent this summer.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. And then the next year seems to be a slow ramp up physically and mentally if Hayward is any indication. OTOH, PG seems to have made a quicker and more complete mental recovery than has Hayward.

Sucks for Nurkic though.. He's definitely having his breakout year. He's the only one I've seen manhandle LA at any point this year. And he did it on several straight possessions. I feel bad for him and the Blazers because it more than likely just put the next two years in doubt as to how to move forward on roster construction.

Though his injury recovery could be less of a problem because he isn't a big jumper. Or conversely, it could be even worse because he's probably every bit of 280 which might make a recovery all that much harder.

Sucks.

And is it just me or are these "land wrong" things happening more frequently or are they just more publicized than 30years ago?? Strange phenomena.
    Hayward's injury involved the ankle as well. For me it's not the same.

I expect and hope Nurkic recovers fast and well, since the injury is not a joint one.

And I do find these injuries weird. I wonder if his bones were already stressed. He wasn't hitting a wall awkwardly like PG was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the fact that players are bigger and faster and jump higher, have you tried the fancy shoes most of them wear nowadays? they are feathers with little or no support for foot and ankle. Cool for going to school, but not much more.
    It is more dangerous than playing in Taylor's. I am sure many injuries are somehow shoe related.
    I find this weird as well. I currently wear a pair of LeBron xv shoes and the padding under the foot is probably the best I've ever wore. It doesn't seem like basketball shoes are trending to lighter with less protection or support. Are these athletes' shoes different?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this weird as well. I currently wear a pair of LeBron xv shoes and the padding under the foot is probably the best I've ever wore. It doesn't seem like basketball shoes are trending to lighter with less protection or support. Are these athletes' shoes different?
    They are comfortable and soft, great to walk in. Try playing in them. Or worse try playing in those in fabric, there is zero ankle support or protection. If you look, about half the players play on full leather shoes, the other half plays on fabric shoes which I am pretty sure they are dangerous to play on. The sole and padding under is for comfort, not for support of whole the foot. Not saying it is the reason of the many injuries, I am saying they do not help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are comfortable and soft, great to walk in. Try playing in them. Or worse try playing in those in fabric, there is zero ankle support or protection. If you look, about half the players play on full leather shoes, the other half plays on fabric shoes which I am pretty sure they are dangerous to play on. The sole and padding under is for comfort, not for support of whole the foot. Not saying it is the reason of the many injuries, I am saying they do not help.

I actually use them to play

They're not what I usually wear though, so I agree with you on the stability and support part. This time I got a pair that had tons of padding on the sole and fell comfortable to jump and fall. I'm of course nowhere near the range of movement of an NBA player.

It'd be great to study this. If they wear both the more stable and the softer kind of shoes, it would be great to find out what are the tendencies in terms of injuries and overall feel after the games.

Thread Information