Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for who? They are going to be in the luxury tax, so we would have to take salary back ...
    12 + Bismarck + Williams (both are expiring contracts) and the Hornets can show Kemba the intention of improving the team to convince him to stay.

maybe Belli + 29 + Demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 01-08-2020 at 12:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what happens when you play for a coach who actually gives you minutes. Here he'd have to watch Belinelli for 2 years from the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what happens when you play for a coach who actually gives you minutes. Here he'd have to watch Belinelli for 2 years from the bench
    What? A poster dunk? Is that what happens?

14.3 minutes 5.5pts. Wow, I’m slain by his instant All NBA talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lmfao these couch coaches will cry about anything

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wasn't a fan of drafting Doumbouya, and I'm still not. But that's sort of off base. He had been playing in the G-League, and getting a few garbage minutes in Detroit. They've had him with the big club since just after New Years. He's been getting solid minutes, and he's had double digit points every game, and double digit rebounds twice. Admittedly two games have been against the Cavs and Dubs, but two have been against the Lakers and Clippers. One of his double-doubles was against the Clips. He's not a star - that's why he went 15 I the draft. But he's been averaging 13 points and 7 boards since he started getting solid minutes.

I don't think Doumbouya is smart enough to rely on, and he would have to go a long way with his stroke before he's any kind of shooter. But RC is right about the fact that he's being given a chance to improve with minutes. Of course, that only started a few days ago, so Casey isn't very far ahead of Pop in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't a fan of drafting Doumbouya, and I'm still not. But that's sort of off base. He had been playing in the G-League, and getting a few garbage minutes in Detroit. They've had him with the big club since just after New Years. He's been getting solid minutes, and he's had double digit points every game, and double digit rebounds twice. Admittedly two games have been against the Cavs and Dubs, but two have been against the Lakers and Clippers. One of his double-doubles was against the Clips. He's not a star - that's why he went 15 I the draft. But he's been averaging 13 points and 7 boards since he started getting solid minutes.

I don't think Doumbouya is smart enough to rely on, and he would have to go a long way with his stroke before he's any kind of shooter. But RC is right about the fact that he's being given a chance to improve with minutes. Of course, that only started a few days ago, so Casey isn't very far ahead of Pop in that regard.
    Exactly. The reality is that Sekou is only getting minutes because Blake is down. Before that, he was as chained to the bench as Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many bad takes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many bad takes...

Bad and worse. He’s being dumped from BKN to Houston with an asset in order to be waived, and save BKN the tax cost.

Bye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on him lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on him lmao
    Yeah. They have at two-way spot and lowkey don't have a lot of PFs in their future pipeline. Out of the 18 guys on the TC roster, like seven of the top 10 guys most likely to not be on the team next year are forwards. Getting one with RFA rights for next summer isn't a bad idea. It's all about how much the Spurs liked him. You'd think Sekou would be getting told that SA would be a good landing spot for him otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is still 20 years old and could theoretically still develop skills. I think the big turnoff for me is that he's had a lot of opportunity to play (unlike Luka Samanic for example) and he has not improved anything at all. His stats (except for his passing which can be attributed to familiarity with teammates and some experience with the offense and is nothing special) look very similar both years. The team already has a young project big in Luka Samanic, so this is a big meh for me. what does he do well?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is still 20 years old and could theoretically still develop skills. I think the big turnoff for me is that he's had a lot of opportunity to play (unlike Luka Samanic for example) and he has not improved anything at all. His stats (except for his passing which can be attributed to familiarity with teammates and some experience with the offense and is nothing special) look very similar both years. The team already has a young project big in Luka Samanic, so this is a big meh for me. what does he do well?
    That’s a good argument for why it’s not always best to rack up regular minutes when you’re just not ready.

It’s certainly worth wondering how he would have done had he been on a team like the Spurs who exercise patience with developing players.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's what happens when, and i say some, kids get too much responsibility too young. If you are taking a buck and making 100 with it then give a kid 1000, i mean no need to constrict growth... this is what drives me nuts about pop and his balance with developing players.. it's very slow. But if a kid is ting the bed with a penny then take that penny so to speak.. put his ass in the g league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got into INSEP, which he really needed to develop - but he got kicked out for disciplinary reasons.
    Getting kicked out of INSEP should have been the red flag that no one should have missed, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting kicked out of INSEP should have been the red flag that no one should have missed, tbh.
    So, he’s both awful, AND a head case? Where do I sign…

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching his game and what he has become, he's pretty pedestrian. I'm not sure what role he plays in the modern game... He seems like a homeless mans Trey Lyles... i dunno, i'd have to watch more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have a good reputation here in France : Lazy, toxic clan, bad temper... That's a shame because he's definitely skilled and has the body for the modern NBA.

Thread Information