Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still dude was in there on the spurs final play last season.pop just couldn't help himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still dude was in there on the spurs final play last season.pop just couldn't help himself
    which is why i think he is going to be a new Sean Marks once he retires moulded for either assistant coach or upstairs position in the front office..Dude has 10 years of service and corporate knowledge ..

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's over for the rest of the league, the Spurs resigned Matt Bonner. Watch out!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some isolated situations where playing Diaw in a limited role at the 3 might make sense. However, they are so few and far between that it's a reach to call him a "backup 3."
    Whether it makes sense is not even necessary to consider. He can and does play there in spot minutes, which is why I, Timvp, and Baseline Bum, among others, probably, listed him at the end of the list. Why the constant getting bent out of shape over this is sort of comical. Is Diaw a 4 at this point in his career? Yes. This is not a novel idea.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll happen again.. Bonner will be subbed in when it's a detriment to the team just for Pop's s and giggles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether it makes sense is not even necessary to consider. He can and does play there in spot minutes, which is why I, Timvp, and Baseline Bum, among others, probably, listed him at the end of the list. Why the constant getting bent out of shape over this is sort of comical. Is Diaw a 4 at this point in his career? Yes. This is not a novel idea.
    Manu plays spot minutes at point but nobody lists him as a point.

I love how you have to cite your sources on that one. I'm pretty sure even Timvp listed him as something like "? Diaw ?" when talking about SF's.

Someone should pull off of one of the reference sites just how much 3 Boris has played in the last 2 seasons. It's probably a totally microscopic amount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one more year of this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Deeks ‏@MarkDeeksNBA

Mark Deeks retweeted Brian Windhorst
    FWIW, so too do Aaron Brooks, Manu Ginobili and Matt Bonner.
    Mark Deeks added,
    Brian Windhorst windhorstESPN Due to their (complex) Bird Rights situations both LeBron James & James Jones have no-trade clauses with their new deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Deeks ‏@MarkDeeksNBA

Mark Deeks retweeted Brian Windhorst
    FWIW, so too do Aaron Brooks, Manu Ginobili and Matt Bonner.
    Mark Deeks added,
    Brian Windhorst windhorstESPN Due to their (complex) Bird Rights situations both LeBron James & James Jones have no-trade clauses with their new deals.
    Another reason to say " you Bonner" but then again, who else would want him?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu plays spot minutes at point but nobody lists him as a point.

I love how you have to cite your sources on that one. I'm pretty sure even Timvp listed him as something like "? Diaw ?" when talking about SF's.

Someone should pull off of one of the reference sites just how much 3 Boris has played in the last 2 seasons. It's probably a totally microscopic amount.
    Just came across this by accident. I cited those as I had seen them all within less than 24 hours of the discussion about how idiotic some of us were listing him there. Timely, and relevant.

You realize that ALL of the players that back up SF will play very few minutes, barring injury, because the guy playing SF is one of the youngest and studliest players at that position, starting. That will leave only about 13 minutes of time to be backed up. Even if Boris only played 3 minutes in a game at the position, 3/13 23% of the available backup minutes that game. Even if it was 5%, I don't see what the problem is listing him as a guy that absorbs some of Kawhi's backup minutes, when he indeed does/has. Whether you call him a SF or PF when he does it is semantically irrelevant to me, and obviously, several other people that have watched a few games where it happens. Do your search and find the percent of time it occurs. You'll just be verifying that it occurs, and choosing to dismiss it because it falls below your arbitrary cut off limit of "doesn't count".

Timvp's "?", and me saying time and again, that his sporatic use at that position being the reason I list him LAST in the depth at backup are basically the same. And, yes people are CONSTANTLY listing Manu as a backup for the point guard position, whether you want to call him a point guard really doesn't matter. The discussion was who will fill those backup minutes.

Boris can, has, and may sub in and specifically guard Kawhi's man again. Although maybe even less so than in the past if Anderson and Simmons can do anything to absorb some of those minutes. But, that might ignite your wadded panties into a rage about the fact that Simmons isn't a small forward! Oh, no.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one more year of this:

This was hilarious, but can you imagine the crap Pop/Tony/Matt would have gotten if this led to an 8-second violation?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just came across this by accident. I cited those as I had seen them all within less than 24 hours of the discussion about how idiotic some of us were listing him there. Timely, and relevant.

You realize that ALL of the players that back up SF will play very few minutes, barring injury, because the guy playing SF is one of the youngest and studliest players at that position, starting. That will leave only about 13 minutes of time to be backed up. Even if Boris only played 3 minutes in a game at the position, 3/13 23% of the available backup minutes that game. Even if it was 5%, I don't see what the problem is listing him as a guy that absorbs some of Kawhi's backup minutes, when he indeed does/has. Whether you call him a SF or PF when he does it is semantically irrelevant to me, and obviously, several other people that have watched a few games where it happens. Do your search and find the percent of time it occurs. You'll just be verifying that it occurs, and choosing to dismiss it because it falls below your arbitrary cut off limit of "doesn't count".

Timvp's "?", and me saying time and again, that his sporatic use at that position being the reason I list him LAST in the depth at backup are basically the same. And, yes people are CONSTANTLY listing Manu as a backup for the point guard position, whether you want to call him a point guard really doesn't matter. The discussion was who will fill those backup minutes.

Boris can, has, and may sub in and specifically guard Kawhi's man again. Although maybe even less so than in the past if Anderson and Simmons can do anything to absorb some of those minutes. But, that might ignite your wadded panties into a rage about the fact that Simmons isn't a small forward! Oh, no.
    I agree with your larger point that Boris can give 3-4 MPG at SF against some teams. He can check backup/3rd-string SFs who aren't shooting threats, and there are a handful of those in the league. Backup SF is by committee on this team, just like it has been since Stephen Jackson was cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only objection with all of these arguments is that Kawhi is a stud who has been injured each season, playing about 60 games per season. In addition, of those games he does play, if they evolve into blow out situations, other guys at the end of the bench will get time, because there is no point in wearing Kawhi down during a long season. Obviously against playoff teams he will play playoff like minutes (about 35-37), but otherwise his minutes will be toned down. My point is that there will be minutes available and there are guys that are good enough for those minutes. If he is out for a lengthy period due to injury (I hope not), like he was last year for example then no one you have on the team will be adequate bc Kawhi is a franchise player and he is just that good. Pop will play next man up regardless, but you can't criticize other guys bc they are not in his level. He is a max level player, DPYO, FMVP, etc. If you expect anyone else to subs ute him on that level then you are being unrealistic, but otherwise, I think Anderson and Simmons will be adequate enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric¨Pincus had previously Bonner fully non-guaranteed.The theory that he mixed Bonner and Fredette guarantees looks strong. I expect Fredette to be confirmed as fully non guaranteed when he or someone else will check again.

The $795K figure is also likely wrong. The exact figure he is giving is $794,594. Bonner full salary is $1,499,187, half of that is $749,594. Sounds a lot like a typo with two digits being inverted.

A part of Bonner full salary will be reimbursed by the league and Spurs will only have to pay $947,276 for him. He will also cost the $947K against the tax. Bonner contract isn't in fact 50% guaranteed, it's about 80% guaranteed. Because of a CBA point, there is also a no trade clause associated with that contract.

tl,dr: Matt Bonner should stay the whole year with Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric¨Pincus had previously Bonner fully non-guaranteed.The theory that he mixed Bonner and Fredette guarantees looks strong. I expect Fredette to be confirmed as fully non guaranteed when he or someone else will check again.

The $795K figure is also likely wrong. The exact figure he is giving is $794,594. Bonner full salary is $1,499,187, half of that is $749,594. Sounds a lot like a typo with two digits being inverted.

A part of Bonner full salary will be reimbursed by the league and Spurs will only have to pay $947,276 for him. He will also cost the $947K against the tax. Bonner contract isn't in fact 50% guaranteed, it's about 80% guaranteed. Because of a CBA point, there is also a no trade clause associated with that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just answering by looking at the old numbers he put in his database and a safe guess is that they are wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Bruno holding the line, standing tall, sticking to his guns. 'Get that outta here!' he says to MaNu4Tres . Suffocating D inside, hard fouls in the paint, swatting balls into the stands. You shall not pass. Bruno taking control late in the fourth."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice. Bruno with the goods.

Sounds like Eric Pincus needs to quit tweeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Bruno holding the line, standing tall, sticking to his guns. 'Get that outta here!' he says to MaNu4Tres . Suffocating D inside, hard fouls in the paint, swatting balls into the stands. You shall not pass. Bruno taking control late in the fourth."

Why are MJ's quotes so lame?! The "hands down, man down" one is the worst of all. He's usually a better announcer when the TV is on mute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 time champion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not enough to wet the bed. Sign the new Richard Jefferson, and don't worry about the cap pressure. The real beauty is the following stages of bed wettery.

Ignore the cold shivers. Green, Timmy, Manu there's some wiggle room there.

Induce a nightmarish dream. Why would you want a return on investment? Splitter and Joseph can practically just go.

Then there's what you hope is the final stage. Give up and hide the wet linen, this is the faux encore. The icing on the cake moves. Bring in Bobarian. Take a look at Copeland, pretend you couldn't send Beli and Baynes away before the deadline. Send LJC back to France. Admit summer league is just a show for Anderson and Simmons, nobody else ever had a real shot. And of course re-sign Matt Bonner. Real solid stuff.

Then there's the encore... the moment we have asked for and shall recieve... mom and dad finding out... the tragic playoff bounce! perhaps in conference finals to Golden State, to be fair the Spurs did a pretty good job making the bed look normal. Ah, but the stench of dry piss is too strong! If mom and dad didn't smell it, they surely noticed the Spurs sheet-less bed rash. I'm holding out hope for a truly unexpected surprise, last years Clippers is too easy. The Spurs are better than that, what i'm imagining is something incredible. a first round exit to the 7 seed timberwolves, a truly triumphant moment for KG. He can go on to be the coach of a new, much less Bonnery/bed wettery small town dynasty. or an uglier small town dynasty story. A second round exit to the breath of fresh air Billy Donovan Thunder. All that depth, and even a touch a Spursy flavor like Collisons ridiculous longevity and the totally unfathomable presence of Novak. Money on the thunder, but God i hope KG is hungry.

Thread Information