Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James went forward on that last one, but Klay legit Zaza’d Harden 4 times in the first half alone. The fact that there are people here (outside you and some legit posters) deliberately ignoring it shows how far this place has fallen
    He definitely got hit on a couple of 3s in the first half. No argument there. But it's hard to feel bad for him when he's made a living out of embellishing/initiating contact in order to draw fouls. Maybe the refs thought he was flopping, or maybe the Rockets have run into the one team that gets a more favorable whistle than they do. Either way, I don't feel bad for them.

Sidenote: Harden pushes off on almost every step back that he takes and never gets called for it. He also grabs defenders and literally throws them aside with his off arm during drives. He needs to STFU because he definitely wouldn't want the league to put him under the microscope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fattyball's viewership has the highest age average of any major american sport and that's a fact.

It's hard to "embelish" a sport where there's minimal movement and where players only cover 242 feet per game on average
    Sourced from Sunday Night Baseball ratings . Baseball is watched locally. Here's a fact done a by a market research company and not a clickbait rag like the Washington Post:

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...al-sports-fans

You'll see the MLB has more Millennial/Gen-X fans than the NBA and quite a lot more than soccer, the supposed sport of millennials (is this why the MLS and even EPL struggle to keep pace with the WNBA and bowling here? Only the Messicans and their Liga MX do decent ratings).

The MLB embarrasses the NBA locally:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-nhl/26137758/

Baseball/Softball (remember, girls don't play baseball) ranks as the highest youth sport by participation. Baseball on its own has as many participants as soccer. Soccer participation also tanks when kids are old enough to realize what a silly sport it is. It's a babysitting activity, and the only men who follow it here as they get older are of the limpwristed hipster variety who LARP as Euros. Good read. Should hit close to home: https://deadspin.com/the-new-york-ti...end-1564193269

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny how Mids always ignores data from trusted sources tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallop has consistently provided proof that baseball is a dying sport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eggball completely dominates the US market.

What is interesting is that stationryball was miles beyond in popularity than Eggball and basketball in the US and is now slightly less popular than basektball.

But but its not dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you such a brainless moron that you don't realize people can follow more than one sport? You constantly cite that poll but don't even scroll down 6 inches to see baseball fandom has actually grew since '01 (by 1 percent, from 46% to 47%), while NBA fandom has stagnated. You also don't see the inverse relationship between NFL fandom and MLB fandom. Fans who had baseball as their favorite sport basically exchanged it with football. Isn't soccer your favorite sport? Does having it as your favorite sport somehow magically keep you from following other sports?

The way you dunces present facts is mindboggingly re ed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He definitely got hit on a couple of 3s in the first half. No argument there. But it's hard to feel bad for him when he's made a living out of embellishing/initiating contact in order to draw fouls. Maybe the refs thought he was flopping, or maybe the Rockets have run into the one team that gets a more favorable whistle than they do. Either way, I don't feel bad for them.

Sidenote: Harden pushes off on almost every step back that he takes and never gets called for it. He also grabs defenders and literally throws them aside with his off arm during drives. He needs to STFU because he definitely wouldn't want the league to put him under the microscope.
    Agree 100%
    STATE got away with some fouls but it's nothing compared to what Harden gets in the regular..

He the last person allowed to ref
    That game was there to be won, man up and win

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not sure what the point is here. Refs went to D'Antoni at halftime and literally admitted they missed 4 calls.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    HarlemHeat37 in case you think last years series wasn't decided by calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eggball completely dominates the US market.

What is interesting is that stationryball was miles beyond in popularity than Eggball and basketball in the US and is now slightly less popular than basektball.

But but its not dying
    Your own gallup poll says it's increased in popularity . I've tried to teach you effective and intelligent trolling and debate, but your hardheaded dislike of baseball and other biases (like being a part of the Helmet Crew for far too long until you finally realized how Patty is) keeps you down. I think your alt is Bad Takes, under which you posted another attempted burn at baseball in a kneejerk manner, thinking a twitter journalist was an MLB player. Before trolling with an article, video, etc, read the article in full and/or see if the content you're posting actually is what you think it is. Final graph to put this to bed so people can back to disliking Harden's gotry.

^TV ratings. Soccer, "the Spurt of the Yuth!" gets creamed by Sunday Night Baseball, despite being on NBC, in the 18-49 demo. "The Spurt of the Yuth" can't even beat golf in the 18-49 demo. . That's with a low supply of soccer games vs. the 162 baseball games. If we compare playoff MLB games to EPL or Champions League ratings, the difference is laughable. Oh, let's see how Champions League (European Soccer's "playoffs" does):

Barcelona at Man United is a premiere matchup in the 3rd biggest soccer compe ion in the world (after Euros and World Cup), and even though on a Tuesday in the afternoon (not the best timeslot), it did a laughable 401K total. In the 18-49 demo, it nearly lost to a dog show . Know what bowling did on another day? 471K

"Soccer's gonna be reaaaal big soon!" Just wait."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Game 7 was in Sacto

A true Lakers fan would know this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your own gallup poll says it's increased in popularity . I've tried to teach you effective and intelligent trolling and debate, but your hardheaded dislike of baseball and other biases (like being a part of the Helmet Crew for far too long until you finally realized how Patty is) keeps you down. I think your alt is Bad Takes, under which you posted another attempted burn at baseball in a kneejerk manner, thinking a twitter journalist was an MLB player. Before trolling with an article, video, etc, read the article in full and/or see if the content you're posting actually is what you think it is. Final graph to put this to bed so people can back to disliking Harden's gotry.

^TV ratings. Soccer, "the Spurt of the Yuth!" gets creamed by Sunday Night Baseball, despite being on NBC, in the 18-49 demo. "The Spurt of the Yuth" can't even beat golf in the 18-49 demo. . That's with a low supply of soccer games vs. the 162 baseball games. If we compare playoff MLB games to EPL or Champions League ratings, the difference is laughable. Oh, let's see how Champions League (European Soccer's "playoffs" does):

Barcelona at Man United is a premiere matchup in the 3rd biggest soccer compe ion in the world (after Euros and World Cup), and even though on a Tuesday in the afternoon (not the best timeslot), it did a laughable 401K total. In the 18-49 demo, it nearly lost to a dog show . Know what bowling did on another day? 471K

"Soccer's gonna be reaaaal big soon!" Just wait."
    Southampton vs Newcastle at 689. The Hornets vs Pistons of the Premier league (not even an american league)

Cardinals vs mets 300

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Southampton vs Newcastle at 689. The Hornets vs Pistons of the Premier league (not even an american league)

Cardinals vs mets 300

No soccer game even neared a million and all lost to a dog show . NBA games have drawn as low as 300K total. Doesn't mean anything. The marquee matchups do well nationally, as do the marquee MLB matchups. Marquee soccer matchups do bowling numbers and lose to women's softball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liverpool vs Manchester United. Lakers vs. Celtics of the EPL. Lost to bullriding by 500K

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its sad how archaic Mid is with sport popularity evaluation. Still using cable

Who even uses cable now?

And Newcastle vs Southampton at 689 Cardinals vs A New york team at 300

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PL games beating NHL in mids "stats" but he continues to deny the rise of football. Shocking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its sad how archaic Mid is with sport popularity evaluation. Still using cable

Who even uses cable now?

And Newcastle vs Southampton at 689 Cardinals vs A New york team at 300
    The streaming excuse. Show me some numbers how many people stream EPL games? Fun fact, since MLB is actually a more followed league among Millennials than any soccer league in the US, it stands to reason they are also streaming there, too. MLB.com app is the most popular sports app in the US: https://www.cnet.com/news/mlb-dot-co...l-nba-nhl-hbo/

The At Bat app has been the number one sports league app for iOS and Android for four years, App Annie said. The subscription-based baseball app currently has about 12.7 million downloads and is on pace to surpass the single-season record of 13.1 million downloads set last year, according to the MLB. About 8.5 million people use the At Bat app daily.
    Given these numbers, it would reason that more people are actually streaming MLB content than soccer content.

The New York Mets are the Clippers of NY. And like I said, majority of people watch their teams on the home network, not ESPN, FS1. EPL games are national "events" and are bowling level in the ratings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PL games beating NHL in mids "stats" but he continues to deny the rise of football. Shocking
    Do you understand the PL is 40 games long and is broadcasted on NBC a lot? That the NHL has a larger supply of games and is also more a regional sport. Not all games are going to draw huge nationally. But a marquee regular season NHL matchup will pull a million to two million. The highest rated EPL game ever was 1.72 million, simulcast on Telemundo. I've always admitted the Messicans are the ones who drive ratings. But no, soccer isn't "rising" otherwise. Know what the first MLS Cup did back in 1996? 3.7 million. Did 3.0 million the next year. If this forum existed, you'd be saying, "In 20 years, the MLS is going be a top 3 league in the US!" Lol. MLS Cup ratings struggle to break 2.0 million, and that's with a UniMas simulcast.

Why do you ignore the "non-rise" of soccer? It's always been around the 6th/7th most popular sport here (Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Auto-racing, Tennis), a fact that remains to this day. Nothing has really changed.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 04-29-2019 at 03:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top sports apps in the US on Android (sort by store rank. Usage rank numbers can be inflated by the app being open in the background. There's no way cricket is a top 5 followed sport here. Either Indians on proxies or they're weighting the usage. Yes they are. It measures current installs to usage, so if the 10 cricket fans in the US are all using their app, 100 percent usage, which would place it high). MLB Ballpark at 3rd, At bat at number 7, Baseball scorekeeping app at 11. No actual soccer app that is connected to a league until 33. Oh, what's that at 35? Baseball streaming app

If we want to sort by usage, MLB At Bat at 4, higher than any soccer app and the NBA app.

https://www.similarweb.com/apps/top/...ports/top-free

MLB ballpark number 1 on iPhone, and At bat at number 6. No soccer app in sight.

https://www.similarweb.com/apps/top/...op-free/iphone

The phone defines modern life/modern entertainment consumption, and baseball is the most consumed on the medium. No better "sport popularity evaluation" than that. Wonder how old apalisoc_9 gonna spin this one.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 04-29-2019 at 03:50 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Watching the late night replay now

Yah both these teams would get smoked by the top squads just a decade ago. Lazy low imagination 3 point chucking. Surprise both are doing so much complaining about refs? Desperation after getting fat off free throws and open outside shots.

Overall I don't see any GOAT status players on the court. At least not yet maybe they will develop

Thread Information