Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did the nickname instagram baller come from? Sounds like some lowkey hating tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I said DJ could become a better player than Nephew, people scoffed. Lmao

DJ is more explosive than Nephew...who looks like he just does his best to slowly bull doze through players to get an awkward shot. DJ drives to the lane like #20. Just slithers through. He's also a natural passer and has a great feel for where his teammates are on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did the nickname instagram baller come from? Sounds like some lowkey hating tbh.
    It came from him posting his workouts and recovery on IG. Everyone claimed that he was just doing it for show, since Derrick White was showing out last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although, you are still clinging to White probably being the better pro. I don't think it's even close.
    Spurs fans don't even need opposing fans because they pit their own players against each other

For the record, I'm still very high on D White. His BBIQ, size and athleticism gives him a very good shot of having a long, successful career. After the season, we'll see if Murray or White has emerged as the no-brainer better long-term player. As it stands, it's a close call ... with White, IMO, getting the nod because of injury concerns.

Thankfully, they are both on the Spurs so I'm thrilled if even one of the two becomes a certified star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Murray keeps balling like he did last night. He shot looks super smooth and his handle is a bit better.

he still has to tighten his handle a bit more and needs to cut down on the turnovers.

I’m very excited for his progression.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thankfully, they are both on the Spurs so I'm thrilled if even one of the two becomes a certified star.
    Exactly. It shouldn't of got to that point... That was my argument from the beginning... The purpose of the thread was not to start a debated talk about who's better, just to unite under one roof. We are very lucky to have both and we should want both to be as good as they can. That is the hope and the future of this team and contending again.

I didn't make anyone eat crow... Just put it behind us and move forward with this new exciting team. The future looks very bright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jealous virgins on this site tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the out of DBZA back in the day. I think outside of the movies, it's been losing a lot of steam lately. Even accounting for the upload schedule, there have been way more misses in recent episodes. Do like Cell though.
    Only anime I have ever seen was the sing series.
    I really liked the jazzy soundtrack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain’t nothing low key about it. It’s a straight up insult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans don't even need opposing fans because they pit their own players against each other

For the record, I'm still very high on D White. His BBIQ, size and athleticism gives him a very good shot of having a long, successful career. After the season, we'll see if Murray or White has emerged as the no-brainer better long-term player. As it stands, it's a close call ... with White, IMO, getting the nod because of injury concerns.

People have been clamoring for the Spurs' youth movement for years, and now we have two young, exciting guards with different skillsets who can guard multiple positions...and people already want to turn it into a pissing contest ala Tony vs. Manu.

Pretty sure the Spurs value both players and want them as pieces of the long-term puzzle. But as someone who grew up as a youngest child, my father told me all the time that there is a pecking order. You don't just start both for the sake of starting both if that's not what is best for the team.

And yes, I know that people are gonna bring up Mills and Beli, but the fact is they are still two of the best shooters on a team starved of shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain’t nothing low key about it. It’s a straight up insult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or...he was handled properly and because Pop was hard on him, Murray learned to be the player who he is today. Thats why you see teams with young players who they play a lot and they stay mediocre forever. Where Pop teaches professionalism, others just throw players to the wolves. But ... You will never understand or admit this because of your "hate on Pop" schtick because you think youre an actual NBA coach or executive who thinks he knows what goes on behind the scenes ...lmao
    Lol he will forever think Pop ran Kawhi out of town, forgive him he know's not what he thinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have been clamoring for the Spurs' youth movement for years, and now we have two young, exciting guards with different skillsets who can guard multiple positions...and people already want to turn it into a pissing contest ala Tony vs. Manu.

Pretty sure the Spurs value both players and want them as pieces of the long-term puzzle. But as someone who grew up as a youngest child, my father told me all the time that there is a pecking order. You don't just start both for the sake of starting both if that's not what is best for the team.

And yes, I know that people are gonna bring up Mills and Beli, but the fact is they are still two of the best shooters on a team starved of shooting.
    the dude who shot 13% from 3 in the playoffs last year and went and missed 8 outta 11 shots last night is our best shooter. And Beli doesn’t score enough for his shooting to matter compared to what he gives up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m really not pitting them against each other and I genuinely don’t think there is comparison. Also, I don’t need to see the finished product to make an assessment on a player. I’ve seen enough to show me that Murray is special talent, a all NBA player and I was saying that before this season. Some guys just have those intangibles that you can’t teach and given he’s with the best development team in the business, it’s a question of when not if he makes that jump. Btw.. I really like White and he will be a very good pro but I don’t see the confidence needed to take his game to the next level. It’s either you have it or you don’t in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the dude who shot 13% from 3 in the playoffs last year and went and missed 8 outta 11 shots last night is our best shooter. And Beli doesn’t score enough for his shooting to matter compared to what he gives up.
    Yeah, because 8 games make a whole career.

I'm sure other teams are just gonna leave Mills wide- ing-open because he shot poorly for a couple weeks.

You obviously don't understand how spacing works, but keep on hating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really not pitting them against each other and I genuinely don’t think there is comparison. Also, I don’t need to see the finished product to make an assessment on a player. I’ve seen enough to show me that Murray is special talent, a all NBA player and I was saying that before this season. Some guys just have those intangibles that you can’t teach and given he’s with the best development team in the business, it’s a question of when not if he makes that jump. Btw.. I really like White and he will be a very good pro but I don’t see the confidence needed to take his game to the next level. It’s either you have it or you don’t in my opinion.
    Recency bias. This whole notion that White is not mentally strong only started because of his Game 7 performance. Nobody questioned his mental toughness prior to that and he was considered the most enjoyable Spur to watch last season by pretty much all of ST. He had his share of games that were better than Murray's performance yesterday. That Game 3 where he willed the team to a playoff win is still greater than anything Murray has ever done.

He needs to atleast get his midrange back so he can regain last season's form though. This current version of White, who's offense consists of only driving, is definitely not close to Murray. I'm starting to worry that a significant improvement in his three isnt going to happen until next year with an entire offseason with Chip. I'd settle with him just getting his midrange back at this point, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because 8 games make a whole career.

I'm sure other teams are just gonna leave Mills wide- ing-open because he shot poorly for a couple weeks.

You obviously don't understand how spacing works, but keep on hating.
    Can't believe there's still fans that don't dislike Wombat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved the low dribble. That old high dribble was holding him back.

Always respected the young man. So glad all of his hard work is paying off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, and you are gonna eat crow the next game, and playoff disgraces coming too.
    1 game and the future is decided forever...
    Tiago Splitter had his godly game once, and then sucked in and out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe there's still fans that don't dislike Wombat.
    Can't believe there are fans out there who think that just throwing a bunch of poor-shooting, young and inexperienced players out on the floor is going to equate to good basketball.

In all fairness, I could live without Beli...he's washed up and needs to be riding the bench (and I loved what Beli did in 2014). But Mills still has his place in this team and organization, whether you like it or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the criticism about the Instagram Baller nickname.

He was equally active on Twitter.

I thought FkLA came up with that name.That's who i heard it from first at least.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe there are fans out there who think that just throwing a bunch of poor-shooting, young and inexperienced players out on the floor is going to equate to good basketball.

In all fairness, I could live without Beli...he's washed up and needs to be riding the bench (and I loved what Beli did in 2014). But Mills still has his place in this team and organization, whether you like it or not.
    I agree. I'm can accept Mills in the second unit just not beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was great when Manu was spoon feeding him but not so much anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I'm can accept Mills in the second unit just not beli.
    Beli needs to be traded stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he was just out there spotting up it'd be one thing. If you haven't realized by now that Pop over values him and has empowered him to an unhealthy point then I don't know what to tell you. He takes way too many stupid ass shots, gets plays drawn up for him, is a traffic cone on defense, closes Game 7s. him. Belli too. This team would be better off without both of them, nothing needed in return. Addition by subtraction.

Thread Information