Post Count
    1: Murray
    2: White
    3: Walker
    4: Metu
    5: Samanic
    6: Williams
    7: Witherspoon

On a NBA level none could really be bust because of where they were drafted but on a Spurs talk level most will be a bust.

One of these players can probably end up being a 2 or 3 time All-star player. Another as a really good role player and the rest will be average or low production players that will play for multiple teams.

When have the Spurs ever drafted top NBA talent? Out side of Parker and Ginobili which was 20 years ago. The only other one would be Leonard.

Name an NBA team that has ever drafted top NBA talent 3 years in a row with late first round picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    metu and white. white is honestly on the same tier as metu. pussyboy got figured out real quick and has played like a shook since the playoffs. welfare PT, welfare olympics spot etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other one would be Leonard.
    Leonard was traded for by offering George Hill.
    We even got Berti in the deal.

Pretty trippy that the all time best and all time worst trades were the same guy.
    Altho some would say Bruce Bowen for Jeff was worse.

Back to OP: Can't call Murray a bust unless Injury Bust is the call. He already accomplished more then most NBA 20 year olds before the knee blowout.
    White: calm the down and give him a 2nd season. It's not his fault he got put on the Team USA by Crater and preseason has not been paired with Murry once. You go out and play NBA guard with Patty Mills as your cover and see how the F you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu for sure. Dude hasn't shown anything at all. At least the rookies have all shown potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    metu and white. white is honestly on the same tier as metu. pussyboy got figured out real quick and has played like a shook since the playoffs. welfare PT, welfare olympics spot etc
    ban this got tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ban this got tbh
    I hope you're enjoying watching white's 13th or 14th straight single digit outing

b-but he just needs more CONFIDENCE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and whoever that Williams guy is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard was traded for by offering George Hill.
    We even got Berti in the deal.

Pretty trippy that the all time best and all time worst trades were the same guy.
    Altho some would say Bruce Bowen for Jeff was worse.

Back to OP: Can't call Murray a bust unless Injury Bust is the call. He already accomplished more then most NBA 20 year olds before the knee blowout.
    White: calm the down and give him a 2nd season. It's not his fault he got put on the Team USA by Crater and preseason has not been paired with Murry once. You go out and play NBA guard with Patty Mills as your cover and see how the F you do.
    Ha ha. The bit about White was funny but yea. White has been playing with Mills, Belli, the corpse of Rudy Gay (err he’s got a sore hamstring and has not been a 100%), and a GLeaguer center. He had a late start last season took a lot to get in rythm hopefully he’ll catch it soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and whoever that Williams guy is
    Has to be this. Metu is just a very raw athlete who has not developed. Don’t even know Williams who?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am guessing williams is Keldon Johnson?? Dont know he got them confused by going off of how the spurs drafted and him not being on the list I think that is who he meant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am guessing williams is Keldon Johnson?? Dont know he got them confused by going off of how the spurs drafted and him not being on the list I think that is who he meant.
    Well, he is a terrible poster-- so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu IS a bust already.

Although, can one really be a bust if there were never any real expectations to begin with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even teams that are constantly in the lottery have difficulty drafting top NBA talent(not too mention keeping those top players on their team). At least the Spurs find some production for the players they do draft late in the first round and are good at developing fringe NBA players into something of use. I don't know how much more you can realistically expect from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu IS a bust already.

Although, can one really be a bust if there were never any real expectations to begin with?
    Even teams that are constantly in the lottery have difficulty drafting top NBA talent(not too mention keeping those top players on their team). At least the Spurs find some production for the players they do draft late in the first round and are good at developing fringe NBA players into something of use. I don't know how much more you can realistically expect from them.
    I really don'y think you can all any player drafted outside the lottery a bust.
    Look at the data

Geez I really shouldn't have looked at this post...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu IS a bust already.

This.
    Tbh i am not high on Samanic. Looks like a potential upset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu IS a bust already.

I don't know, there were a lot of people who just looked at his body and thought he was gonna be another Kawhi or Siakam type.

The difference is those two guys put in an incredible amount of work and effort on making themselves better, whereas Chimezie still just seems to be trying to coast by on his athleticism. The dude didn't even really excel at the GLeague level and, so far, I'm not seeing much to indicate enough improvement that he belongs in the NBA.

Running and jumping only gets you so far in this league. It's only been a year so I guess he still has time to figure it out, but it's definitely hasn't made the same leap in his game that guys like Murray, White, or Forbes did in their first years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better question is which, if any, of these players will be an All Star someday? Murray has the best chance, I'd say. Though Walker and maybe Luka have staggering potential (though either or both could also be busts). Looks like White is going to be a 6 man, which reduces his All Star likelihood (though not impossible ala Manu)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelden Johnson. I just don't think he hustle will overcome his terrible offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelden Johnson. I just don't think he hustle will overcome his terrible offense.
    If you're expectations of Keldon are a Danny Green-type I hope he can do it. He has good form and a quick release. The release is pretty low though and he doesn't appear quite as strong and quick as Danny but hopefully he can grow over the next few years like Danny needed to early on his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and Keldon are the most likely obviously. Dejounte really has pleasantly surprised me. I never thought he could be this much better than what we saw 2 years ago. He does have possible all-star potential but even if he doesn't he looks to be a starting pg for years to come.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu and Keldon are the most likely obviously. Dejounte really has pleasantly surprised me. I never thought he could be this much better than what we saw 2 years ago. He does have possible all-star potential but even if he doesn't he looks to be a starting pg for years to come.
    This. Metu as a late 2nd rounder was always a long shot. I hope I am wrong about Johnson especially since there were some uber athletic wings available at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better question is which, if any, of these players will be an All Star someday? Murray has the best chance, I'd say. Though Walker and maybe Luka have staggering potential (though either or both could also be busts). Looks like White is going to be a 6 man, which reduces his All Star likelihood (though not impossible ala Manu)
    THIS is a much better question/discussion point. I'm coming around on Murray. I'm becoming convinced that he has the drive, and all the social media is real. I also see some real signs of leadership. I'd also forgot about his athleticism.
    I see the potential of Luka and see why the Spurs "reached" for him. He and Lonnie are very young. Lonnie didn't even play a full freshman year of college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't say a 2nd rounder in the 45-60 range is a bust, more of a flyer- which implies that they are more likely to fail than succeed. Metu is the obvious answer. Surprising considering the skill he showed in college and that the Spurs scouted him for 2 years. He's athletic enough but makes bone headed plays, misses dunks, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This. Metu as a late 2nd rounder was always a long shot. I hope I am wrong about Johnson especially since there were some uber athletic wings available at 29.
    KJ hasn't shot the ball well in the Summer League and pre-season. He's a much better shooter than he's shown. He doesn't look nearly as skilled without that aspect of his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not high on Samanic. I don't think he'll elevate higher than Bertans ever did for this team, but maybe I'm just biased and tired of the usual Euro pick these days.

Thread Information