Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against my Red Sox

Sox give up 3 hits and lose...how ed up is that?

WTF is wrong wioth Big Papi....he sucks big s so far this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't post about this in the Rangers Opening Day thread, attention ?

They gave up three hits and lost because of an error and an outstanding performance from Tejeda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry about Papi Jim, , Pujols is hitting 105 right now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and a rare cold day in Texas. if we had a dome we'd actually be a contender...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the Rangers would put a retractable roof on that stadium, they would attract more pitching, AND, prob do alot better.

Alas...

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is wrong wioth Big Papi....he sucks big s so far this year.

I guess Big Papi is ok. He goes yard in his 1st 2 at bats tonight against Texas.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I guess Big Papi is ok. He goes yard in his 1st 2 at bats tonight against Texas.

I guess Padilla is intimidated by him. Padilla pitched everyone else tight and shut down everyone not named Ortiz.

The new look Rangers - pitching strong but can't hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't worry they will hit but can't pitch by july.

BTW, Pujols 410 foot jack today.

Looks like I was right earlier again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotdamn that papelbon was amazing....

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotdamn that papelbon was amazing....

Picked up right where he left off prior to his injury last year when his ERA was about .540

He needs to start though and we need to get rid of Tavares who is the worst pitcher in the history of baseball the last 2 years...why they kept his sorry ass I do not know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think worst pitcher in the history of baseball is a bit of a stretch.

Heres the problem Jim, you start Papelbon, who LIKES closing, first off if the kid prefers to close, you let him, its rare to have shut down closers like that.

Second, youve gotta replace Tavarez in the rotation. Just wait till june after Mark Mulder comes back, Braden Looper has proven to be a decent starter, he'll be available

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think worst pitcher in the history of baseball is a bit of a stretch.

Heres the problem Jim, you start Papelbon, who LIKES closing, first off if the kid prefers to close, you let him, its rare to have shut down closers like that.

Second, youve gotta replace Tavarez in the rotation. Just wait till june after Mark Mulder comes back, Braden Looper has proven to be a decent starter, he'll be available

I perhaps did go overboard with hyperbole there, but I have been watching him lose game after game and it is getting me pretty pissed off.

I great closer is good, but if we keep losing every 5th start, that is not good.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't worry they will hit but can't pitch by july.

BTW, Pujols 410 foot jack today.

Looks like I was right earlier again

I knew Albert would get it going, just as Big Papi would. Those 2 are the most clutch hitters in baseball the last 3 yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Papelbon can not continue to be the closer without eventual risk to his shoulder, which he injured at the end of last year. It has been widely reported that the hard-throwing ways of a closer was the main reason why the shoulder got injured in the first place.

If the Sox are smart (and I think Epstein is) then they will try to trade for a closer either before the trade deadline or acquire someone in the offseason through FA or a trade. There is no way Papelbon can continue to do this long-term without seriously risking his career. He needs to be in the rotation. Until he can though, Crazy Julian will have to do.

Also, assuming the team will lose every 5th start because of Tavarez is ridiculous, he has started one game. Knee-jerk much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Cardinals have Braden Looper starting, its pretty much the same thing with tavarez converted bully guy to starter.

But of course the Red sox dont have Dave Duncan

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, assuming the team will lose every 5th start because of Tavarez is ridiculous, he has started one game. Knee-jerk much?

It is NOT just one start. Last year, he lost more games for us than every other reliever put together. His ERA was over 4.5 last year and is 9.0 for 07. The dude has sucked ever since Beltran golfed one out of the park for the game winner in NCLS 3yrs ago.
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 04-09-2007 at 02:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is NOT just one start. Last year, he lost more games for us than every other reliever put together. His ERA was over 4.5 last year and is 9.0 for 07. The dude has sucked ever since Beltran golfed one out of the park for the game winner in NCLS 3yrs ago.
    Did you watch any Sox games down the stretch last year, or are you one of those fans who stopped watching once they fell below .500? Crazy Julian was one of the better pitchers for the Sox at the end of the season, when there was almost nobody left to go to because the entire team was depleted due to injury. He is barely a 5th starter, yes. But give him a chance.

Also, I would like to know what your master plan is. You want Tavarez sent back to the BP, and Paps starting. Great. Who is your closer now? You can all you want but this is the best, most efficient lineup the Sox can possibly put out there right now. Deal with it.

An ERA of 7+ after one start is not uncommon. You do realize that Curt's ERA was 9+ after the KC debacle and even Brandon Webb against weaker NL opponenets was also above 8? Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude has sucked ever since Beltran golfed one out of the park for the game winner in NCLS 3yrs ago.
    Dude, games 6 and 7 he was lights out. he came in in game 6 and got 9 straight guys out, and in game 7 struck out the side.

I think you have zero clue about Tavarez

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, games 6 and 7 he was lights out. he came in in game 6 and got 9 straight guys out, and in game 7 struck out the side.

I think you have zero clue about Tavarez
    dude blows ass now though.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I would like to know what your master plan is. You want Tavarez sent back to the BP, and Paps starting. Great. Who is your closer now? You can all you want but this is the best, most efficient lineup the Sox can possibly put out there right now. Deal with it.

Master plan is to not put Tavarez in the BP, but to cut him from the team permanently. He is a head case, and there is nothing that you can say to make me want him.

You are the Boston RedSox, you have a good farm system, you have $$$, you can get a pitcher that is 10 times better than Tavarez...nuff said.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as tavarez isn't punching walls, he's a decent long relief option. No way he should be the 5th starter for a team with Boston's payroll.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care how good he was in the playoffs 4 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Master plan is to not put Tavarez in the BP, but to cut him from the team permanently. He is a head case, and there is nothing that you can say to make me want him.

You are the Boston RedSox, you have a good farm system, you have $$$, you can get a pitcher that is 10 times better than Tavarez...nuff said.
    THe Sox DID get a pitcher 10x better than Tavarez--his name is Matsuzaka. Exactly how much money did you expect them to spend this off-season? And on who? Who out there was really worth it to spend on besides who they did? Zito at $126 mill? Oh, how would you have liked it if they overpaid Gil Meche? If that's what you want, a jackass team with unlimited coffers to overpay any player they want, let me direct you to a team in the Bronx. You would likely be more suited as a fan of theirs.

The plan was for your starter to be Papelon. The closer role did not work out so well, so they had to backtrack. That doesn't mean they aren't going to rectify the situation. It just means that it won't get done quickly enough to satisfy fans like you who want to sit back and six games into a 162 game season because the team isn't undefeated.

Even once they find a new closer and Paps goes to the rotation, I doubt Crazy Julian would be cut. I will once again remind you how solid he was at the end of last season (a point which you conveniently ignored). At a time when guys like Timlin showed their age and blew games, Tavarez was a fairly stabilizing figure.

Just because YOU don't like him, doesn't mean he doesn't belong on the team.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because YOU don't like him, doesn't mean he doesn't belong on the team.
    I am not the only one that hates seeing him on the starting rotation. If you were a Sox fan, you would hate it too...so just stay out of my team's business and let me have my opinions without having to justify my opinion, ok?

Thread Information