Page 8 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter with the goods. Just learned that "corona" is an anagram of "racoon".

Similar to Elisa Lam and the Lam Elisa test.

Someone is trying to tell us something. Will we listen?????!?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm not sure what this means but...wow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way can China be trusted regarding actual infected/dead. They can't even shoot straight about building a hospital.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...hospital-image

Chinese state media and a government official spread a false image they claimed showed a newly constructed hospital building in Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak. The image actually shows a modular apartment building more than 600 miles away in Qingdao, China, and was taken from an online listing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Gov Patent For "Coronavirus" - The Truth, The Misinformation & Their Virus Lies Of The Past

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Gov To Rush Out Experimental RNA Coronavirus Vaccine In 90 Days & You're The Guinea Pig

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is lying about the infected and death tolls. This is a lot worse than advertised.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus

BY THE DIGITS

7:
    Types of known coronavirus that infect humans

35 million: Population of Wuhan and nearby cities in Hubei Province affected by a travel ban to contain the virus
    774: Deaths caused by the 2002-2003 SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) coronavirus outbreak
    858: Deaths caused by the MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) coronavirus since 2012
    8,500-20,000: Flu deaths in the US to date for the 2019-2020 flu season, as estimated by the Centers for Disease Control
    33%: Approximate share of cold-like symptoms and atypical pneumonia worldwide caused by coronaviruses each year
    10%: Fatality rate of SARS
    36%: Fatality rate of MERS
    70%: Genetic similarity of the Wuhan coronavirus to SARS
    40%: Genetic similarity of the Wuhan coronavirus to MERS
    27 kilobases–32 kb: Size of a coronavirus genome

BRIEF HISTORY

~8100 BC:
    The common ancestor of all coronaviruses emerges, according to molecular clock analysis.

1931: Schalk and Hawn describe an avian infectious bronchitis virus in chickens.
    1937: Beaudette and Hudson isolate infectious bronchitis virus from chickens.
    1946: Doyle and Hutchings find a coronavirus in pigs.
    1965: Tyrrell and Bynoe from the UK’s Common Cold Research Unit (pdf) cultivate “a novel type of Common-cold virus,” HCoV-OC43, the first isolated human coronavirus.
    1966: Dorothy Hamre and John Procknow discover a new virus in the human respiratory tract, HCoV-229E.
    2003: SARS-CoV is identified as the cause of a massive outbreak that began the year before.
    2004: HCoV-NL63, the fourth human coronavirus to be found, is isolated from an infant in Holland.
    2005: A fifth is discovered, HCoV-HKU1, in Hong Kong.
    2012: MERS-CoV is identified in Saudi Arabia.
    Early-mid December 2019: The Wuhan outbreak likely begins.
    Dec. 31, 2019: The World Health Organization is informed of a “pneumonia of unknown cause” in Wuhan, China.
    Jan. 3, 2020: 44 cases of the unknown pneumonia are reported in China.
    Jan. 7, 2020: Chinese authorities isolate a new coronavirus as the cause of the ongoing outbreak.

https://qz.com/emails/quartz-obsession/1791838/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=quartz-obsession

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did everybody dieded yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real time tracking map here
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Cases more than double today to 4400. China must have been lying about the numbers to start, nothing can spread that fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    106 dead, Nancy

and almost 5,000 infected

id getting real

called it and wish I didnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it can be transmitted thru contact!!

gawd lard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like they’re gonna quarantine the diplomats in socal

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-15007956.php

The State Department announced plans Sunday to evacuate staff and some private citizens from Wuhan and bring them to San Francisco on Tuesday — but that plan appears to have changed.

Ivar Satero, director of SFO, provided an update about the flight at Monday’s news conference with Breed. Satero said U.S. diplomats and civilians are now expected to go to Anchorage, Alaska, and then to Ontario in San Bernardino County. He also said all flights out of Wuhan to SFO have been canceled, but that CDC staff would remain at the airport to screen anyone whose itinerary may have included a stop in Wuhan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get real about the Coronavirus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cases more than double today to 4400. China must have been lying about the numbers to start, nothing can spread that fast.

The aptly named SnakeBoy with da goods

China in some deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The aptly named SnakeBoy with da goods

China in some deep
    China with 1B+ can afford plenty of wastage. It would bump their GDP per capita

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    QAnon-ers’ Magic Cure for Coronavirus:

Just Drink Bleach!

Hucksters swarmed on a fresh opportunity to cash in from a crisis that speaks to paranoid fears on the fringe.

The substance—dubbed “Miracle Mineral Solution” or “MMS”—has long been promoted by fringe groups as a combination miracle cure and vaccine for everything from autism to cancer and HIV/AIDS.

a “dangerous bleach” that could cause “severe vomiting” and “acute liver failure.”

“I’m going to have to get home, and MMS the whole state,”

prominent QAnon promoter Jordan Sather told his audience in a recent video.

“MMS the whole out of everything.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-conspiracy-theorists-magic-cure-for-coronavirus-is-drinking-lethal-bleach

Please, Jordan, drink up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-sim...f-springfield/

According to Matt Groening, Springfield, Oregon is the true location of the Simpsons house...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol check out the rate of infection in China now on the app. One of two possibilities: either this is the most virulent virus in the history of mankind or China lied about the number of infections in the beginning and is slowly coming clean to avoid the same embarrassment they had with SARS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get real about the Coronavirus
    Just watched some of the beginning. Is it just a guy reading WebMD the whole 12 minutes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Victor Shih: Coronavirus MUCH Worse Than SARS

the coronavirus pandemic is already larger, in just roughly one week’s time, than the SARS pandemic was over the entirety of its lifecycle.

(a) a lower mortality rate of 2-3% (vs. ~10% for SARS), which leads to it spreading faster as the fear of death is lower (which, due to the harsh quarantine regiment, also emboldens carriers to hide it to get through airport scanners by taking Tylenol to lower their fever levels),

(b) the virus being asymptomatic (meaning one can carry it without any noticeable symptoms),

(c) 5mn people who were allowed to leave Wuhan (link) before China quarantined the city to contain the coronavirus outbreak,

(d) Dr. Eric Daniels of Harvard, who believes the virus is mutating faster than SARS (link),

(e) 7 provinces w/ over 100 confirmed cases,

(f) the epidemiologists Mr. Shih has been briefed by both in the US and in China who say we are only in the early stages of the outbreak, &

(g) the coronavirus outbreak will likely be much worse than the SARS pandemic given SARS was contained to 3 provinces (Guangdoung, Hong Kong, & Beijing), while the coronavirus has already spread to 25 provinces [link]) – air travel within China is ~8x more today vs. where it was during the SARS outbreak.

“hundreds of thousands” of potentially infected Wuhan residents left for Shanghai & Guangdong, the number of cases being reported in these economically important provinces

the impact to growth, globally, will be much worse than currently implied by market valuations.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...+capitalism%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called it

sadly I called it on page 1

Thread Information