Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risk-free - what is risk-free? How about some common sense zinc, vitamin D, baby aspirin.
    Aspirin isn't risk free, dunno about vitamin D and Zinc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And were other options explored? Like those hospital ships/Javits Center temporary hospital that Trump sent/built in NY? Were those in CA?
    I don't know much about Cali's COVID policies, I'd just be making it up if I tried to answer.

You seem to think lockdowns are never appropriate, am I getting you right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about Cali's COVID policies, I'd just be making it up if I tried to answer.

You seem to think lockdowns are never appropriate, am I getting you right?
    I too don't know much about CA covid policies but if my state had such a crisis, the below is what I'd be hoping for:

I never said lockdowns are never appropriate - I see it as a way a BUY time - maybe appropriate at the beginning when we knew nothing/little about this virus. At this time (now) - imho, lockdowns are not appropriate - in CA, they could have asked for the 2 hospital ships, could have asked the army to set up temporary hospitals, asked for help from health care workers from other states, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aspirin isn't risk free, dunno about vitamin D and Zinc.
    A baby aspirin is only 81 mg. - a quarter of a regular aspirin - unless you're a child (Reyes' I think it's called), a baby aspirin is not gonna harm you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The effects of your education are readily visible right now, tbh... plus you've extolled the virtues of home-schooling repeatedly here, the hypocrisy is showing...
    The conflation of home schooling with what is going on now throughout the country is giving home schooling a BAD name. Anyway, the proof is in the pudding and poorly-educated ole me is crossing her fingers for another college graduation this May (although the job market sucks right now even for an engineer so maybe grad school?) and hopefully another (last) graduation in 3 years' time.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now baby aspirin stops COVID.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now baby aspirin stops COVID.
    No one said that - maybe take a little extra vitamin D and zinc daily and if you get covid (or feel symptoms), take more and a baby aspirin (I think they give this on hospital admission) - try to build up your immune system, keep out of the hospital, avoid overwhelming health care systems and lockdowns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL - at your equating what I did with my kids (true Home Schooling) with ONLINE learning/Zoom classes with public/private school teachers.
    True, it demeans public/private school teachers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone ever met someone who was homeschooled who is normal or are they all socially awkward freaks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know Florida is testing for it?
    Dunno who does the sequencing, but FL has one third of the detected B. 1. 1. 7 cases in the US.

Even with two vaccines and COVID cases waning from a winter peak, Florida’s pandemic future has been obscured in recent weeks by the rapid spread of a new and more contagious variant of the virus.

The state has become ground zero in the U.S. for the B.1.1.7 variant of the COVID virus, or the ‘”U.K. variant” — one of several spin-offs that have raised alarm in the scientific community. The more infectious version of the virus, scientists worry, could accelerate severe disease and deaths before public health officials get enough people vaccinated.

The B.1.1.7 variant — which recent studies by private researchers and federal officials predict will be the predominant strain of the COVID virus in Florida by March — is establishing a foothold at a time when COVID cases and hospitalizations are trending down across the state from a peak in early January.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...00.html#storin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno who does the sequencing, but FL has one third of the detected B. 1. 1. 7 cases in the US.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...00.html#storin

If you're fudging your numbers NY-style, does it matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're fudging your numbers NY-style, does it matter?
    COVID doesn’t care, Florida is going to be hurting even worse soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ
    A classic case of liberal priorities…

California recently updated its coronavirus vaccine guidelines, placing medical marijuana workers higher up in priority than some teachers, bus drivers and food and agricultural workers.

As reported by the Orange County Register, the decision drew backlash from educators, but celebration from those in the medical marijuana industry.

“Cannabis delivery drivers before school bus drivers and teachers? Makes no sense to me,” Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Austin Beutner tweeted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much the worse for DeSantis's presidential aspirations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dirty south nearing 20% positivity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much the worse for DeSantis's presidential aspirations
    A true trumper, willing to let people die for political gain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A true trumper, willing to let people die for political gain.
    it might wreck his chances, but who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is permanently losing voters to covid everyday but you are right on who knows.

Might be brought up by opponents next election as faithful are not getting vaccinated.

But these folks are stupid, so it might work to his favor.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& he ain't released the death count on Sunday, nor today. It's a gonna be a whopper tomorrow, by God, Winester.

I'll just tote that right on over to mother er Biden's death count.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case rate in the state over the past week -- about 49 new cases per 100,000 people each day -- is more than three times the US rate of about 16 new cases per 100,000 people each day. Only Arkansas and Louisiana had higher case rates over the past week.

Florida also reported more Covid-19 deaths than any other state over the past week -- a total of 282 over the past week -- the sixth highest per capita rate of deaths in the country.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/26/polit...rks/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

This thread is not aging well.

Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues.

Florida’s coronavirus cases jumped 50% this week, the state Health Department reported Friday, continuing a six-week surge that has seen it responsible for 1 in 5 new infections nationally, becoming the outbreak’s epicenter.

The release came shortly after Gov. Ron DeSantis barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

More than 110,000 new coronavirus cases were reported statewide over the past week, up from 73,000 last week and 11 times the 10,000 reported the week of June 11, six weeks ago. Case numbers are now back to where they in January, just before vaccinations became widely available.

The Florida Hospital Association also said Friday that statewide COVID-19 hospitalizations are nearing last year’s peak. More than 9,300 patients are hospitalized, up from 1,845 a month ago and nearing the record 10,179 set on July 23, 2020. On a per capita basis, Florida now has more people hospitalized than any other state.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/07...quiring-masks/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope.

This thread is not aging well.

Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues.

Florida’s coronavirus cases jumped 50% this week, the state Health Department reported Friday, continuing a six-week surge that has seen it responsible for 1 in 5 new infections nationally, becoming the outbreak’s epicenter.

The release came shortly after Gov. Ron DeSantis barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

More than 110,000 new coronavirus cases were reported statewide over the past week, up from 73,000 last week and 11 times the 10,000 reported the week of June 11, six weeks ago. Case numbers are now back to where they in January, just before vaccinations became widely available.

The Florida Hospital Association also said Friday that statewide COVID-19 hospitalizations are nearing last year’s peak. More than 9,300 patients are hospitalized, up from 1,845 a month ago and nearing the record 10,179 set on July 23, 2020. On a per capita basis, Florida now has more people hospitalized than any other state.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/07...quiring-masks/
    California too, Ef. You've nary room. And that Newsome fellow has had it locked down over there for 17 of the last 18 months, cept for the beaches.
    tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California too, Ef. You've nary room. And that Newsome fellow has had it locked down over there for 17 of the last 18 months, cept for the beaches.
    tee, hee.
    I'm there. Beaches were locked down for a long ass time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm there. Beaches were locked down for a long ass time.

They were open on the TV.

+ I was addressing Ef, not your wise ass, gd know-it-all you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were open on the TV.

+ I was addressing Ef, not your wise ass, gd know-it-all you.

Thread Information