Page 53 of 376 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 9382
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a former UK fan, I keep wondering how top high school ballers don't see Calipari for the fraud he is.
    Well, he gets them drafted and a lot of money. But they're all bull players. None of them know how to win basketball games, lead teams, grind out wins, do much of anything. He's been instrumental in wrecking a whole era of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler and Jordan could swap yarns about their time with the Mavs. Oh, wait...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Poor sap thinks Pau isn't going to re-sign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst just said the same thing on ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who'd want DeAndre? Honest question but seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has almost zero value if he is not teamed with CP3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are teams that could use DJ for sure. But LOL asking for a top 5 pick for him.

I mean, let's not act like if DJ were a FA this year that he would not be getting max level money. He would. But he only has one functional year left on his deal (player option after next year - which you would think he opts out and signs bigger deal).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But who'd give him a max? Which team would get better or even elite with him. He's just a finishing big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're about to give Nerlens Noel a big contract. The center market is bad rn. Dwight and Brook both got salary dumped today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Detroit for the 12 😂 They'd need a third team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But who'd give him a max? Which team would get better or even elite with him. He's just a finishing big.
    Who would give Chandler Parsons the max? Or Evan Turner? Or pay Ibaka or Byiombo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relevant now that Pau Gasol has opted out. Excerpt from an article by Kevin Pelton on the cap maneuvering required to get Chris Paul.

If Paul picks San Antonio, and the Spurs pay him the max, clearing enough room under the salary cap to fit his $35.3 million salary will be tricky. Even if center Pau Gasol declines his $16.2 million player option for 2017-18 and the Spurs renounce all their other free agents -- a group including key reserves Manu Ginobili, Patty Mills and Jonathon Simmons -- they'd still have less than $23 million in projected cap space based on the NBA's current $101 million salary-cap projection.

San Antonio could waive Parker and stretch his $15.4 million 2017-18 salary over the next three seasons to get to $33.2 million in cap space. Giving Paul his max would also require trading young reserves Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans and Dejounte Murray as well as this year's first-round pick (drafting a player who intends to remain overseas would also work), which would leave the Spurs with just three players under contract before signing Paul.

Alternatively, San Antonio could try to use draft picks to entice a team under the cap to take on Parker's entire $15.5 million salary, which under current projections would allow the Spurs to avoid trading any young players and to retain the rights to free agents Simmons and David Lee while still creating the necessary cap space.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a former UK fan, I keep wondering how top high school ballers don't see Calipari for the fraud he is.
    Hows he a fraud? He just promises to get them nba drafted. Its the nba who picks these kids with no clue of how to play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban would never do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relevant now that Pau Gasol has opted out. Excerpt from an article by Kevin Pelton on the cap maneuvering required to get Chris Paul.
    What about getting someone to take on Green's contract? I would think it's moveable.I just find the idea of moving or stretching Parker to be too far-fetched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hows he a fraud? He just promises to get them nba drafted. Its the nba who picks these kids with no clue of how to play.
    The NBA is not blameless, however, I agree with what Mr. Body had to say about the products of Calipari's "coaching."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Gasol at least temporarily off the books come July 1 — along with David Lee, who a league source said Tuesday is also planning to decline his $2.3 million option — the Spurs will enter free agency on the hook for about $76 million in guaranteed salary.

That puts the Spurs in position to begin free agency with as much as $24 million in cap space — enough to bolster the roster, though not quite enough for an All-NBA superstar like Paul.

In order to scrape together the $35.7 million needed to pay Paul or a similar maximum free agent next season, the Spurs would have to shed an additional $10 million or so in payroll.

Finding a trade partner for guard Danny Green would likely do the trick. So would waiving Tony Parker, the franchise point guard whose recovery from a devastating knee injury last month has cast an unexpected question mark over the Spurs’ offseason.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/In-declining-option-Gasol-gives-Spurs-an-assist-11234165.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about getting someone to take on Green's contract? I would think it's moveable.I just find the idea of moving or stretching Parker to be too far-fetched.
    The idea of signing Paul to a gutted roster is pretty far-fetched to me. I think the Spurs are more realistically targeting George Hill. Heck, I think Patrick Beverley would be a nice acquisition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't need to gut the roster for the millionth time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a drama this is:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @white dude tip toing
    RIP to Kawhi's cornrows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill/Green/Leonard/Burton/Aldridge . Best Defensive Lineup in the League by a large margin.

Murray/Hanga/Anderson/Bertans/Milutinov

Forbes/Allen/????/?????/????

This is what I realistically want. If we could somehow squeeze Jonathon Simmons that'd be awesome

Thread Information