Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    lol Spurtacular probably went to watch it a 3rd time.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    lol Spurtacular probably went to watch it a 3rd time.
    I'm betting he buys the limited edition bluray so he can watch and make fun of it forever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Oh and....flying Leia

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    You can’t please everyone I guess. If Spurtacular wants to hate on it, that’s fine. I say potato, he says potatoe. It’s all good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You can’t please everyone I guess. If Spurtacular wants to hate on it, that’s fine. I say potato, he says potatoe. It’s all good.
    sound's like he's more of the "battlefield earth"demographic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm betting he buys the limited edition bluray so he can watch and make fun of it forever

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    sound's like he's more of the "battlefield earth"demographic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Okay, I hate to be that guy, but when I first saw TLJ I didn't enjoy it. Or rather, I liked the theory and heart behind the film more than the execution of it. But, seeing it a second time, my entire view was changed. Entirely.

After the first viewing, I truly did enjoy the plot. I do agree with many fans that the Skywalker saga is over, and it's time to move on with new characters and subplots. However, I was upset by the way that it was executed. I found Poe to be too "hero-esque," screwing up and indirectly killing many Resistance fighters (and he is still one of my favorites). I found Finn and Rose's story-line to be utterly pointless, and I remember being aggravated that Luke didn't finish his "three lessons" that were promised to Rey. And what about Snoke not having any backstory? I wanted more of him! Kylo was one of the few redeeming factors in my ignorant mind, and although he is still incredible, I misinterpreted the entire movie.

Thanks to Reddit (I'm sorry I can't remember the direct post), I was able to understand that TLJ is all about failure. Every reason I mentioned above (Poe failing, Finn and Rose not finding the proper 'codebreaker,' Rey's incomplete training, etc), was intentional. It was supposed to make me pissed and annoyed, because that's the whole point of the movie. Failure is a necessary part of a story-arc, and this movie maximized what normal movies display in a small-scale subplot.

Also, we're too used to companies a**-kissing and trying to please the fans. So when Rian didn't approve every single fan theory in existence, fans got mad and started refusing to accept it.

I did my fair share of research so that most apparent plot-holes have been explained, so that's not what I came here to discuss. And yeah, the film has some scenes that I wish were executed differently (space Leia and Rose kissing Finn), but ultimately it's an unbelievable movie that had the balls to do what not many movies can nowadays...be different.

"This is not going to go the way you think" - Luke Skywalker

^^ From Reddit

lol

"we love TLJ because it takes a on us fans ... you normies don't understand that the move is meant to take a on you. It's so new and novel, most of you don't get it."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    How exactly does it on fans? Still have yet to get an actual explanation of that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Okay, I hate to be that guy, but when I first saw TLJ I didn't enjoy it. Or rather, I liked the theory and heart behind the film more than the execution of it. But, seeing it a second time, my entire view was changed. Entirely.

After the first viewing, I truly did enjoy the plot. I do agree with many fans that the Skywalker saga is over, and it's time to move on with new characters and subplots. However, I was upset by the way that it was executed. I found Poe to be too "hero-esque," screwing up and indirectly killing many Resistance fighters (and he is still one of my favorites). I found Finn and Rose's story-line to be utterly pointless, and I remember being aggravated that Luke didn't finish his "three lessons" that were promised to Rey. And what about Snoke not having any backstory? I wanted more of him! Kylo was one of the few redeeming factors in my ignorant mind, and although he is still incredible, I misinterpreted the entire movie.

Thanks to Reddit (I'm sorry I can't remember the direct post), I was able to understand that TLJ is all about failure. Every reason I mentioned above (Poe failing, Finn and Rose not finding the proper 'codebreaker,' Rey's incomplete training, etc), was intentional. It was supposed to make me pissed and annoyed, because that's the whole point of the movie. Failure is a necessary part of a story-arc, and this movie maximized what normal movies display in a small-scale subplot.

Also, we're too used to companies a**-kissing and trying to please the fans. So when Rian didn't approve every single fan theory in existence, fans got mad and started refusing to accept it.

I did my fair share of research so that most apparent plot-holes have been explained, so that's not what I came here to discuss. And yeah, the film has some scenes that I wish were executed differently (space Leia and Rose kissing Finn), but ultimately it's an unbelievable movie that had the balls to do what not many movies can nowadays...be different.

"This is not going to go the way you think" - Luke Skywalker

^^ From Reddit

lol

"we love TLJ because it takes a on us fans ... you normies don't understand that the move is meant to take a on you. It's so new and novel, most of you don't get it."
    from a plot point of view, the rose and finn story line seems pointless but from a character development point-of-view, it is not as we see Finn's character evolve during that part of the story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Before:

too much fan service

Now:

not enough fan service

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How exactly does it on fans? Still have yet to get an actual explanation of that.
    Really, you have no clue?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Before:

too much fan service

Now:

not enough fan service
    Yeah, there's no in-between, is there?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    people over-analyzing a popcorn scifi space adventure series

the movies are fun and cheesy. thats why we go see them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol since when is it fun and edgy to get on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol since when is it fun and edgy to get on.

Don't shoot the messenger

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Really, you have no clue?
    Really, you have no explanation?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Yeah, there's no in-between, is there?
    You would still find something to whine about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really, you have no explanation?
    No, I do and it's been posted.

Do you really have no clue?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You would still find something to whine about.
    Sweet, so there is. Thanks!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    No, I do and it's been posted.

Do you really have no clue?
    You didn’t give an explanation of how TLJ on the fans, you melted down about how TLJ didn’t cater to your exact specific vision of what you personally want Star Wars movies to be. So then, how does TLJ on fans?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Sweet, so there is. Thanks!
    There was never a Goldilocks situation in the first place. You neckbeards just incessantly regardless of what they do.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Don't shoot the messenger
    They wouldn't have anything if they didn't. I came back here to no actual defenses for this ty movie.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You saying you loved Last Jedi? Tell us why.

Thread Information