View Poll Results: Bigger Chokejob: 2007 Patriots or 2016 Warriors?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2007 Patriots

6 17.14%
  • 2016 Warriors

30 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    2007 Patriots: 16-0 regular season, video game offense, 14 point Super Bowl favorites, and lost to a 10-6 Giants team in the Super Bowl.

2016 Warriors: 73-9, best regular season ever, 3-1 lead in the Finals with 2 chances at home to close out the series.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    '13 Spurs.

They were selling their .

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    '13 Spurs.

Not mine

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their still got sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2007 Patriots: 16-0 regular season, video game offense, 14 point Super Bowl favorites, and lost to a 10-6 Giants team in the Super Bowl.

2016 Warriors: 73-9, best regular season ever, 3-1 lead in the Finals with 2 chances at home to close out the series.
    Warriors.

Super Bowl is a one game shot so it's easier to choke one away.
    Warriors lost 9 games all year but gave up 3 in a row to lose this thing.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pats' loss was pretty fluky, I think if you replayed that Super Bowl 10 times New England would have won all 10. But the Warriors with three chances to close Cleveland out, twice at home, after winning 73 games? Nothing fluky at all, Cleveland just came and took it from 'em.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pats' loss was pretty fluky, I think if you replayed that Super Bowl 10 times New England would have won all 10.
    I don't agree.. that NYG pass rush was downright incredible, and their corners finally started showing up to complement them in the playoffs. They also had just beaten the Cowboys and Packers (both on enemy turf) who also had video-game like offenses that year. NYG was just that good on defense.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors.

Super Bowl is a one game shot so it's easier to choke one away.
    Warriors lost 9 games all year but gave up 3 in a row to lose this thing.
    Warriors 2015-16

Regular season losses = 9
    Playoff losses = 9

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    '13 Spurs.

This.

13 Spurs has to be the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

The Spurs can have the worst everything (fans, owner, players, arena, etc.), but they still have 5 championships that the Suns don't.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Spurs can have the worst everything (fans, owner, players, arena, etc.), but they still have 5 championships that the Suns don't.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Pats' loss was pretty fluky, I think if you replayed that Super Bowl 10 times New England would have won all 10. But the Warriors with three chances to close Cleveland out, twice at home, after winning 73 games? Nothing fluky at all, Cleveland just came and took it from 'em.
    The only thing fluky about that Super Bowl is that the game ended up being as close as it was. The Patsies were a soft finesse team and the Giants had the tough defense you need to beat teams like that. That same Giants team was thisclose to ruining their undefeated season in Week 17.

The Pats were a total paper tiger that year. They needed the refs to carry them past the Eagles and a mediocre Ravens team. , they cut it close in the AFC le game against a Chargers team "coached" by Nrv Turner, with all our key players seriously injured because of Jeff Fisher's team of thugs. Actually, the Pats were pretty similar to these Warriors - a fools' gold team that got a ton of ref help, pulled lots of games out of their ass and got exposed when it mattered most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both of these chokes are so similar, especially the post-mortem analysis being done to the Warriors right now. It's like going back in time 10 years.

Both teams posted the best regular season in the history of their league. Both teams' star player won the MVP award. Both teams' head coach won the coach of the year award. Both teams posted historic offensive numbers. Both teams were favored by literally everyone aside from the opposing teams fans to win the championship. Both teams had the game in the trophy and couldn't close (Helmet catch, dropping the 3-1 lead). Both winning teams required an amazing play to get the win (Eli escaping the sack and completing the pass to Tyree, Kyrie's curse-breaking shot). NFL single elimination is the only break the Patriots get in this comparison. So it's definitely the Warriors.

The Warriors not only lost the series, but no team will ever try to win 74 games because of the way the Warriors lost. When you become the precedent for how not to lose a professional sports championship, you probably own the biggest chokejob in professional sports.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both of these chokes are so similar, especially the post-mortem analysis being done to the Warriors right now. It's like going back in time 10 years.

Both teams posted the best regular season in the history of their league. Both teams' star player won the MVP award. Both teams' head coach won the coach of the year award. Both teams posted historic offensive numbers. Both teams were favored by literally everyone aside from the opposing teams fans to win the championship. Both teams had the game in the trophy and couldn't close (Helmet catch, dropping the 3-1 lead). Both winning teams required an amazing play to get the win (Eli escaping the sack and completing the pass to Tyree, Kyrie's curse-breaking shot). NFL single elimination is the only break the Patriots get in this comparison. So it's definitely the Warriors.

The Warriors not only lost the series, but no team will ever try to win 74 games because of the way the Warriors lost. When you become the precedent for how not to lose a professional sports championship, you probably own the biggest chokejob in professional sports.
    They were selling your .

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

2013 Spurs were never up 3 games to 1, and the Heat were the clear favorites, so not a choke at all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2013 Spurs were never up 3 games to 1, and the Heat were the clear favorites, so not a choke at all.
    They were selling your on the TV. Stringing your ropes.

Nothing dwarfs that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pats were a total paper tiger that year. They needed the refs to carry them past a mediocre Ravens team. , they cut it close in the AFC le game against a Chargers team "coached" by Nrv Turner, with all our key players seriously injured because of Jeff Fisher's team of thugs.
    Nah dude. The Pats had a couple close games in the regular season (Colts, Eagles, Ravens and Giants) but basically blew the other 12 regular season teams they played out of this galaxy. They did have a pretty soft postseason schedule, playing the Jags in the 2nd round after having a bye, basically getting two byes in a row and then playing a Chargers team featuring Rivers and Tomlinson both with no legs. They were supposed to beat the Giants and we were all scared as that Eli Manning was our last line of defense to stop 19-0 from happening. Turned out our last line of defense was actually the Giants defensive line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your on the TV. Stringing your ropes.

Nothing dwarfs that.
    Last night does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how can u compare 2 sports? nfl 1 game elimination while nba u play best out of 7 games....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No.

They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

They were selling your .
    Yes.

They were selling your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes.

They were selling your .
    No.

They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year's Dubs and it wasn't even close....

-Unanimous MVP
    -Miracle comeback against OKC
    -Up 3-1
    -Two closeout games at home, where they lost 2 games in the regular season

It's also the NBA where fluke occurrences like NE/NYG don't really happen much.....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This year's Dubs and it wasn't even close....

-Unanimous MVP
    -Miracle comeback against OKC
    -Up 3-1
    -Two closeout games at home, where they lost 2 games in the regular season

It's also the NBA where fluke occurrences like NE/NYG don't really happen much.....
    They were selling your .

Nothing trumps that.

Thread Information