Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    anything else you want to conclude that the IG himself didn't?
    I could see you taking issue with the first sentence, but after that? Those are all conclusions from Horowitz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anything else you want to conclude that the IG himself didn't?
    All of the things he's mentioned already.

"Report reaches conclusions the IG himself doesn't reach" is the kernel, everything else is just a flourish.

Delusion in Trumplandia is impinging Quixotic levels at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you meant to say Nunes was vindicated
    No, Schiff... Post #559 on this thread:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10004355

FBI and DOJ officials did not omit material information from the FISA warrant.

The DOJ “made only narrow use of information from Steele’s sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.”

In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information that corroborated Steele’s reporting.

The Page FISA warrant allowed the FBI to collect “valuable intelligence.”

“Far from ‘omitting’ material facts about Steele, as the Majority claims, DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele’s background, credibility, and potential bias.”

The FBI conducted a “rigorous process” to vet Steele’s allegations, and the Page FISA application explained the FBI’s reasonable basis for finding Steele credible.

Steele’s prior reporting was used in “criminal proceedings.”
    So, in other words, the IG determined there was no abuse of the FISA process, despite a good number of (serious) errors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they did inform the judge of steele's background, credibility, and bias initially. they then neglected to inform the FISC of developments that caused them to cast doubt on his reporting.

i dont think the whole "THEY DIDNT SAY DNC" angle is very strong. they clearly told the court the guy was biased and his work was political opposition research meant to discredit trump. thats quite a bit of a heads up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see you taking issue with the first sentence, but after that? Those are all conclusions from Horowitz.
    Well, the first sentence summarizes what you're trying to explain later. Except that's completely opposite to what Horowitz concluded.

Whereas you've been spoonfed to think there was malice, Horowitz reviewed all the evidence and concluded there was not.

It doesn't mean the errors he detected weren't serious, and indeed, his recommendations are valuable.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

So, in other words, the IG determined there was no abuse of the FISA process, despite a good number of (serious) errors.
    Bro...seriously? These are straight from the Schiff memo. Vindicated?

FBI and DOJ officials did not omit material information from the FISA warrant.

The DOJ “made only narrow use of information from Steele’s sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.”

In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information that corroborated Steele’s reporting.

The Page FISA warrant allowed the FBI to collect “valuable intelligence.”

“Far from ‘omitting’ material facts about Steele, as the Majority claims, DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele’s background, credibility, and potential bias.”

The FBI conducted a “rigorous process” to vet Steele’s allegations, and the Page FISA application explained the FBI’s reasonable basis for finding Steele credible.

Steele’s prior reporting was used in “criminal proceedings.”

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/ig/i...0205-sd002.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they did inform the judge of steele's background, credibility, and bias initially. they then neglected to inform the FISC of developments that caused them to cast doubt on his reporting.

i dont think the whole "THEY DIDNT SAY DNC" angle is very strong. they clearly told the court the guy was biased and his work was political opposition research meant to discredit trump. thats quite a bit of a heads up
    Yup, and perhaps the most damning part of the report is the general lack of clue about reporting to lawyers, etc. Those are grave errors, and I'm glad they're reviewing further FISA cases.

Now, there's no place where there's any indication of malice intent, which really sucks for Barr too, because it actually works as evidence against any criminal cases they might've considered bringing up.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Well, the first sentence summarizes what you're trying to explain later. Except that's completely opposite to what Horowitz concluded.

Whereas you've been spoonfed to think there was malice, Horowitz reviewed all the evidence and concluded there was not.

It doesn't mean the errors he detected weren't serious, and indeed, his recommendations are valuable.
    So Page was wronged for a good reason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro...seriously? These are straight from the Schiff memo. Vindicated?
    That report says a lot of things... among them that there was no FISA abuse. And even some of the things you posted were indeed true at some point in time.

I'm not defending Schiff, I'm merely pointing out that, at least partially (better now?), he was vindicated by the report's conclusions.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Omitting interview with Steele’s primary source is not an error
    Lying about Steele’s past work is not an error
    Hiding exculpatory evidence from the CIA saying Page is a vetted asset is not an error
    Altering and falsifying an email saying Page is not a vetted asset is not an error

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Page was wronged for a good reason?
    Just quote the report saying Page was wronged... it's out now! there's no reason to skimp on details.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Just quote the report saying Page was wronged... it's out now! there's no reason to skimp on details.
    This started as a comment to Spurs Homer. And Horowitz makes clear he was wronged by the gross omissions and lies used to obtain the renewals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omitting interview with Steele’s primary source is not an error
    Lying about Steele’s past work is not an error
    Hiding exculpatory evidence from the CIA saying Page is a vetted asset is not an error
    Altering and falsifying an email saying Page is not a vetted asset is not an error
    You spent a year and a half or more pimping how great Horowitz is at investigating, PLUS, he got first hand evidence to look at.

It would look really silly now to turn around and say he doesn't know what he was doing. I mean, he concluded all those things were grave errors, but not intentional misconduct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This started as a comment to Spurs Homer. And Horowitz makes clear he was wronged by the gross omissions and lies used to obtain the renewals.
    Yep, no quote. Probably because Horowitz didn't say nor conclude that?

You keep saying Horowitz said X or Y, but won't quote where he says that. See a repeating pattern here?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yep, no quote. Probably because Horowitz didn't say nor conclude that?

You keep saying Horowitz said X or Y, but won't quote where he says that. See a repeating pattern here?
    Yes I see the repeating pattern, you keep trying to pass off obviously intentional acts as errors. It’s pathetic and tbh I’m shocked it’s coming from you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That report says a lot of things... among them that there was no FISA abuse. And even some of the things you posted were indeed true at some point in time.

I'm not defending Schiff, I'm merely pointing out that, at least partially (better now?), he was vindicated by the report's conclusions.
    would you consider intentional omissions (and in that one lawyer's case who edited an email, misrepresentations) for the purpose of securing FISA warrants/renewals FISA abuse though?

granted, as you said, horowitz didnt find that anybody acted with malice or political bias, or anything resembling the grand conspiracy that Q- s were banking on... but he did find a lot of issues with the process
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-10-2019 at 09:50 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You spent a year and a half or more pimping how great Horowitz is at investigating, PLUS, he got first hand evidence to look at.

It would look really silly now to turn around and say he doesn't know what he was doing. I mean, he concluded all those things were grave errors, but not intentional misconduct.
    Horowitz said their answers were unsatisfactory. After he interviews where does he go with no subpoena power with them being out of government?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I see the repeating pattern, you keep trying to pass off obviously intentional acts as errors. It’s pathetic and tbh I’m shocked it’s coming from you.
    No, I'm refreshing your memory that's exactly what Horowitz concluded. I didn't write the report, and I didn't reach those conclusions, your super duper investigator did.

I can see how it really, really sucks after building an entire narrative for over a year, but hey, them dem breaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you cons ute intentional omissions (and in that one lawyer's case who edited an email, misrepresentations) for the purpose of securing FISA warrants/renewals FISA abuse though?

granted, as you said, horowitz didnt find that anybody acted with malice or political bias, or anything resembling the grand conspiracy that Q- s were banking on... but he did find a lot of issues with the process
    In order for it to be abuse, it has to be intentional. You know how this work in law, and why there's manslaughter vs murder, or an insanity plea. Could be that they covered their tracks really well? Could be, that's what conspiracy theories are all about.

Fact finding so far has shown no evidence of malice intent. So, we'll review this when new evidence shows up.

And as I noted in the first post here, IIRC, the errors in process are absolutely terrible and the IG recommendations must be followed. It's actually encouraging they're be reviewing additional FISA cases. There's just very little oversight on that area for my taste.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    TSA sure quiet about Bruce Ohr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order for it to be abuse, it has to be intentional. You know how this work in law, and why there's manslaughter vs murder, or an insanity plea. Could be that they covered their tracks really well? Could be, that's what conspiracy theories are all about.

Fact finding so far has shown no evidence of malice intent. So, we'll review this when new evidence shows up.

And as I noted in the first post here, IIRC, the errors in process are absolutely terrible and the IG recommendations must be followed. It's actually encouraging they're be reviewing additional FISA cases. There's just very little oversight on that area for my taste.
    fair points tbh.

While we did not find do entary or testimonial evidence of intentional misconduct on the part of the case agents who assisted OI in preparing the applications, or the agents and supervisors who performed the Woods Procedures, we also did not receive satisfactory explanations for the errors or problems we identified. In most instances, the agents and supervisors told us that they either did not know or recall why the information was not shared with OI, that the failure todo so may have been an oversight, that they did not recognize at the time the relevance of t he information to the FISA application, or that they did not believe the missing information to be significant . On this last point, we believe that case agents may have improperly subs uted their own judgments in place of the judgment of OI, or in place of the court, to weigh the probative value of the information. Further, the failure to update OI on all significant case developments relevant to the FISA applications led us to conclude that the agents and supervisors did not give appropriate attention or treatment to the facts that cut against probable cause, or reassess the information supporting probable cause as the investigation progressed.
    i dont know how the alteration of the email, at the very least, wouldn't be intentional though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horowitz said their answers were unsatisfactory. After he interviews where does he go with no subpoena power with them being out of government?
    He said more than that. Let me show you how to quote the actual report:

Page 376:
    "Although we did not find do entary or testimonial evidence of intentional misconduct on the part of the case agents who assisted 01 in preparing the applications, or the agents and supervisors who performed the Woods Procedures, we also did not receive satisfactory explanations for the errors or missing information".

And where does he go? He hands this to Congress so they can subpoena and investigate if they deem necessary. That's how this system works.

The fact that he does say he could not find any evidence there was intentional misconduct, neither through do ents nor testimony, means that at this point in time there's no evidence of wrongdoing.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, I'm refreshing your memory that's exactly what Horowitz concluded. I didn't write the report, and I didn't reach those conclusions, your super duper investigator did.

I can see how it really, really sucks after building an entire narrative for over a year, but hey, them dem breaks.
    No, you can’t see how it sucks for me because I don’t feel that way at all.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Explain how intentionally altering and falsifying a do ent submitted to the FISC for a warrant renewal is just an error and not intentional?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know how the alteration of the email, at the very least, wouldn't be intentional though
    I can see a few scenarios where that could happen unintentionally, but it would sound like excuses, so I won't go there. However, reading the bulk of the report, it doesn't appear to me that was singled out as something with malice intent. More like another link in the chain of errors and mistakes with procedure that were delineated on the report.

Thread Information