Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah theres gonna be alot of i told you sos if this team loses in the 2nd rd. Fans arent used to this year's isoball coz they forgot it was a timmy iso that helped win the spurs' previous championships. so they think the offense is not enough to beat okc or gsw. but we'll see. I was happy with 5. and if the spurs can get 6 ill be just as thankful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas took us to 7 in 2014

Regardless as to how OKC plays against other teams, they've never been a good matchup for SA. Not saying we won't beat them, but unless Parker and Green play more consistently, a series with OKC would go at least 6 games.
    '14 Dallas > '16 Dallas. Very different teams.

Also, '11-14 Thunder > '16 Thunder. They got worse.

The current Spurs match up better with them. They now have the league's premier defensive terror, and the best frontcourt in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that OP! Wow, before this I was thinking Memphis was just like that dallas series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that OP! Wow, before this I was thinking Memphis was just like that dallas series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '14 Dallas > '16 Dallas. Very different teams.

Also, '11-14 Thunder > '16 Thunder. They got worse.

The current Spurs match up better with them. They now have the league's premier defensive terror, and the best frontcourt in the NBA.
    The Spurs also only have two consistent scorers going against a squad that can score in bunches. And they may have the premier defensive wing players, but they also have awful defense at the PG position. If the version of Dion Waiters playing against Dallas now is the one that Tony/Patty/Manu/K-Mart have to guard, OKC will exploit that matchup (which will be even worse if Tony can't remember how to play consistent basketball).

This is going to be like the Clippers series last year...a series SA should have won. OKC will be good enough to hang around late in games...Spurs' execution needs to be on point...can't just count on OKC giving up games based on their regular season problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thunder are interesting... For whatever reason the team has devolved away from being a team and more into the Westbrook Durant show... I really think that loosing sefalosha and harden broke this team and no one seems willing to make Westbrook consistently play as a teammate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically unless the Spurs win it all, you will take a giant on them..

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically unless the Spurs win it all, you will take a giant on them..
    That is part of what made hating the Heat fun.... Odds are you got to be happy rooting against them...

I don't get being anti spur but.... Obviously the op is mentally handicapped so unless I start suggesting a eugenics program against defectives I suppose live and let live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is part of what made hating the Heat fun.... Odds are you got to be happy rooting against them...
    Lebron guaranteeing they would win 7 les made that easy as cake. Spurs are classy, and soft spoken. They have won 5 in the Duncan era. This year is a bonus just like last year was..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that , we're winning it all

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, the summary of this thread is "Memphis isn't Dallas, the Spurs will struggle against OKC, then if they get past the Thunder they will then struggle against the Worriers, and if they get to the Finals they will also struggle against Cleveland"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs also only have two consistent scorers going against a squad that can score in bunches. And they may have the premier defensive wing players, but they also have awful defense at the PG position. If the version of Dion Waiters playing against Dallas now is the one that Tony/Patty/Manu/K-Mart have to guard, OKC will exploit that matchup (which will be even worse if Tony can't remember how to play consistent basketball).

This is going to be like the Clippers series last year...a series SA should have won. OKC will be good enough to hang around late in games...Spurs' execution needs to be on point...can't just count on OKC giving up games based on their regular season problems.
    Eh.....nah.

OKC is a low IQ team with poor late game execution and iso heavy gameplan. Spurs are gonna all over that. I'm not just basing this on regular season. If anything, their RS record is inflated due to a ty league this year. (That also applies to the Spurs, to be fair.) They're still that same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh.....nah.

OKC is a low IQ team with poor late game execution and iso heavy gameplan. Spurs are gonna all over that. I'm not just basing this on regular season. If anything, their RS record is inflated due to a ty league this year. (That also applies to the Spurs, to be fair.) They're still that same team.
    Hope you're right and it's Spurs in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this is a bit of a rude awakening. However I do believe that the Spurs played very similar to how the Thunder played in game 1 however the Spurs were in it at the end. That's gotta be a good sign. I think the Spurs will be okay in this series unless something unexpected happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le is prophetic, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both of these teams would get swept by golden state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's here.