Page 175 of 293 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 7307
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, running the numbers, I don't think the Spurs NEED to trade Diaw at all if they intend to stretch Tim. They should have JUST enough to complete this deal. That also means that stretching Tim and trading Diaw gives them about $7 Million they could use on bring in about big man (and hopefully not use on Manu's ass) or to retain Boban.

Player Salary/Hold
    LaMarcus Aldridge $20,575,005
    Kawhi Leonard $17,638,063
    Pau Gasol $14,669,927
    Tony Parker $14,445,313
    Danny Green $10,000,000
    Boris Diaw $6,500,000
    Patty Mills $3,578,948
    Tim Duncan (Stretched) $2,131,250
    Kyle Anderson $1,192,080
    Livio Jean-Charles $990,700
    Dejounte Murray $983,400
    Jonathan Simmons $874,636
    Roster Charge $543,471
    Total $94,122,793
    Remaining Cap Space $20,207
    Thanks oh man, you just have that feeling the front office is going to give that money to Manu smh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....avid_west.html

Cavs reached out to David West, but the veteran forward undecided on playing

If free agent David West chooses to continue his playing career, the Cleveland Cavaliers are one of many teams interested in acquiring the power forward, league sources informed cleveland.com.

West, 35, is "still weighing all of his options," cleveland.com was told. Retirement is one, following his lone season with the San Antonio Spurs.
    Trying to replace a rim protector & rugged rebounder like Mozgov w/ D-Worst?

I get that Jefferson rang but D-Worst is physically DONE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary thought: David West leaving the Spurs to join the Warriors.
    Don't think he's that desperate for a ring.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are old farts tbh - how we gonna defend GS machine with so many off ball plays?

insane

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks oh man, you just have that feeling the front office is going to give that money to Manu smh
    And Bertans now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, do you think if the Spurs was able to acquired KD would the hate floating around going to be the same? Or same treatment just like to LMA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, do you think if the Spurs was able to acquired KD would the hate floating around going to be the same? Or same treatment just like to LMA?
    Nah it wouldn't be as bad, but I do think there'd be a decent amount of people criticizing him for leaving to join a 67-win team (and one that has been somewhat of a rival of OKC's for the past few years).

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would get criticized, but not like he is now. For the simple reason that we haven't been the best team in the league the last two years. We didn't win a le last year and we didn't set the wins record this year. Even though we've been terrific those two points make all the difference in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would get criticized, but not like he is now. For the simple reason that we haven't been the best team in the league the last two years. We didn't win a le last year and we didn't set the wins record this year. Even though we've been terrific those two points make all the difference in the world.
    Yep.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is returning to Dallas on a two-year 40 million deal. Cuban is crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Dirk took a huge discount the previous few years, and it's not like Dallas would be contending if they used that money on other players. Besides. Dirk for $20 million/year isn't that overpriced in this current market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just expressed the fear of a lot of fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where else is Cuban going to spend the money? Not many FAs will even look at Dallas. I am more surprised that Dirk is returning. Is it money or loyalty? It isn't a burning desire to win another championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The current team based on reports?

C - Gasol \ Marjanovic ( offered )
    PF - Aldridge \ Diaw (to be traded )
    SF - Leonard \ Anderson \ Bertans ( as reported )
    SG - Green \ Manu (as reported ) \ Simmons \ Murray (1st round draft)
    G - Parker \ Mills \ Forbes (1 year)

13 players (excluding Diaw)

Spurs need a couple of bigs on the cheap.

No word on LJC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The current team based on reports?

C - Gasol \ Marjanovic ( offered )
    PF - Aldridge \ Diaw (to be traded )
    SF - Leonard \ Anderson \ Bertans ( as reported )
    SG - Green \ Manu (as reported ) \ Simmons \ Murray (1st round draft)
    G - Parker \ Mills \ Forbes (1 year)

13 players (excluding Diaw)

Spurs need a couple of bigs on the cheap.

No word on LJC.
    I think once a Diaw trade goes through, we'll see more talk about the team signing these contracts. I think Anderson slides over to the four spot with Bertans, LJC and Simmons competing to take the small-forward spot next to him. If Boban or Tim is retained, I think Milutinov makes sense to bring over, though it could also be Cady.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just expressed the fear of a lot of fans.
    I know. We need what little money there is left to bring back Boban (or another backup center) and a backup PF

It's going to be tough to get a ring chasing vet to come here on the vets min, thanks to what them Gay Area boys are doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question: If Kobe Bryant wanted to sign for the room exception right now, would you say yes?
    I might stop being a Spurs fan, like I stopped being a Cowboys fan after they signed Terrell Owens. There are some things a team just shouldn't do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. We need what little money there is left to bring back Boban (or another backup center) and a backup PF

It's going to be tough to get a ring chasing vet to come here on the vets min, thanks to what them Gay Area boys are doing.
    At some point we simply must have some young guys. But Pop is so averse to playing young guys and living with their growing pains that something has to give. Basically, Pop forced the issue with TP but we had Avery to bail him out. Then he invested some trust in that Slavic guy who Lindsay Hunter ate alive in the Detroit championship series, and that pretty much killed Pop's patience with young guys until George Hill came along and then, of course, Kawhi. That's not many young guys in 19 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary thought: David West leaving the Spurs to join the Warriors.
    Why a scary thought? Spurstalk been ting on the guy. He's the reason the Spurs lost to OKC, remember? So if anything, Spurstalk should HOPE DWest joins the Warriors. That would improve the Spurs chance of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point we simply must have some young guys. But Pop is so averse to playing young guys and living with their growing pains that something has to give. Basically, Pop forced the issue with TP but we had Avery to bail him out. Then he invested some trust in that Slavic guy who Lindsay Hunter ate alive in the Detroit championship series, and that pretty much killed Pop's patience with young guys until George Hill came along and then, of course, Kawhi. That's not many young guys in 19 years.
    JaMychal Green could've been our guy had they offered him a longer contract. If Boban would be brought back, he's guaranteed minutes now that he doesn't have the "rookie" label that Pop hates

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, if KD had chosen the Spurs, Sportscenter's lineup would have been:

Over analysis of every MLB game
    Detailed coverage of every soccer game
    Latest Lebron news
    Should the Warriors be considered the best team ever?

Oh yeah, and on the ticker, there'd be a typo-riddled mention of KD agreeing to sign with the "boring" Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade fat Diaw already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green could've been our guy had they offered him a longer contract. If Boban would be brought back, he's guaranteed minutes now that he doesn't have the "rookie" label that Pop hates
    We are paying now for the JaMychal decision. It really hurt. But supposedly we wouldn't give him 2 years - probably would have meant parting with the beloved Boner. Pop simply sabotaged our season by refusing to give Boban a shot against the OKC bigs. Going with West/Diaw... SMH. So I hope Boban does get a shot, and I hope he can learn to position himself better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade fat Diaw already
    You think teams are chomping at the bit to acquire a coaster who revived his career for a couple of seasons under the best of cir stances, but has rapidly regressed to Charlotte form?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade fat Diaw already
    Trading him for 2014 Diaw would be nice, especially considering that one was making $4.5 Million a year.

Thread Information