Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they have "respect" for his defense too?
    Definitely not lol but Other then a good game vs the timberwolves Lonnie doesn’t have a tract record like Marco does, I really want Lonnie to play I’m with y’all but teams don’t have to respect Lonnie’s game yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a Murray/Mills/Walker/Lyles/Poeltl unit can be really really good. Not only is Lonnie a better defender than Marco, but him running the break with Dejounte is very intriguing as well and Beli hasn't been shooting well lately anyway. Hope we can get to see that

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy is responsible for all of those coaches/gms??

GOAT.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not lol but Other then a good game vs the timberwolves Lonnie doesn’t have a tract record like Marco does, I really want Lonnie to play I’m with y’all but teams don’t have to respect Lonnie’s game yet
    teams guarding and respecting enelli game isnt gonna translate to wins. Its got them last place in the West. All this stupid mindgames pop is doing is just alienating walker at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garbage time or not -

if pop cannot see the overwhelming physical gifts and talent of lonnie -

and personally make it his mission to take lonnie under his wing and speed up lonnies progress -

then POP really has lost it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is only getting more and more absurd. he's a second year player. give him SOME meaningful run. its not like ur team is winning games and he's going to cost you anything. all you're doing is wasting opportunities for legitimate experience and stunting growth unnecessarily

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll keep watching if Pop plays Lonnie, but this is getting beyond a joke now. I don't understand why he's not getting more court time, or at least already getting some regular rotation minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team overall wasn't compe ive today. Hopefully Poop has the same kind words with the mirror tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team overall wasn't compe ive today. Hopefully Poop has the same kind words with the mirror tonight.
    He'd have to put the entire team in the doghouse the way they've shown very little effort on most nights. There's certainly a talent gap between this and former Spurs' teams, but the big thing I see lacking from this group is cohesiveness and heart. There's no real will to win, or hating to lose, however you want to put it. Maybe's today's spoiled millionaires don't care unless they're the star attraction. There's no blue collar effort from this group most nights. Rudy Gay is the closest I've seen to a guy who just comes out and plays hard every night. Rudy's problem is that age is catching up with him. But at this point he's my favorite Spur this season in terms of effort.

The old Spurs hated to lose...this group...meh. Not sure they care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd have to put the entire team in the doghouse the way they've shown very little effort on most nights. There's certainly a talent gap between this and former Spurs' teams, but the big thing I see lacking from this group is cohesiveness and heart. There's no real will to win, or hating to lose, however you want to put it. Maybe's today's spoiled millionaires don't care unless they're the star attraction. There's no blue collar effort from this group most nights. Rudy Gay is the closest I've seen to a guy who just comes out and plays hard every night. Rudy's problem is that age is catching up with him. But at this point he's my favorite Spur this season in terms of effort.

LMA really did bring his loser culture from Portland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie did play good defense on harden in the preseason. Hope Pop remembers this...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Their shots went in... ours didn't." Remind me again which one of the players says that.

I'm not sure the crater-faced old wino really cares anymore. That would explain the players' at udes better than just about anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These basic Spurs fans are funny.

BSF: Why Pop bench Loonie?

timvp: Because Lonnie was hiding from Kawhi and playing passively on offense.

BSF: Pop's just going to ruin him. Just let him play

timvp: Pop has the best history of any long-tenured coach in NBA history of developing talent, especially draft talent out of the lottery. I trust him to get through to Lonnie.

BSF: He's going to be ruined if Pop doesn't play him right now

timvp: Pop probably knows what he's doing.

A couple weeks later: *Lonnie competing like a mad man on defense, being ultra aggressive on offense*

timvp: Looks like Pop got through to Lonnie. He's defending now and being aggressive on offense.

BSF: What a trash ass take, timvp

Happy Thanksgiving
    Masterful job by Pop, tbh.

After hiding from Kawhi, Pop didn't let him play. He let Walker build up his anger. Walker knew the next time, he needed to take advantage of the opportunity and not back down on either side of the court.

Then tonight happens, when Walker is the best player on both ends. If Pop let's Walker off the hook and hide on defense like he did against Kawhi, we don't get games like tonight.

Thanks, Pop. And, more importantly, great job Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ What a trash ass take, timvp!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ What a trash ass take, timvp!
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice sniff.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie after the game was asked about Pop’s tough love, his answer seemed totally genuine: “there’s no such thing, I welcome criticism because it makes me better.” There’s no need to worry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie after the game was asked about Pop’s tough love, his answer seemed totally genuine: “there’s no such thing, I welcome criticism because it makes me better.” There’s no need to worry.

Walker seems to have the type of personality where tough love only makes him better. He kinda has the Parker type of confidence to him where he can accept all criticism because at the end of the day his confidence won't get rattled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After hiding from Kawhi, Pop didn't let him play. He let Walker build up his anger. Walker knew the next time, he needed to take advantage of the opportunity and not back down on either side of the court.

Then tonight happens, when Walker is the best player on both ends. If Pop let's Walker off the hook and hide on defense like he did against Kawhi, we don't get games like tonight.

Ur smart... But this isn't a smart take....

Pop benched him indefinitely based on 5 minutes of game time... Do u know Tim Duncan in his prime had five minute stretches of him not playing well on either end? So does EVERY great player...

They don't get benched... But let's say we benched Duncan for games on end... Then finally plays him and he plays well... Ppl like u would attribute him playing well to the benching... While ppl like me say he could do that all the time! U were just overreacting to a bad 5 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose it's a mark of Coach Pop's stature that no matter what kind of crazy chicken stunt he pulls, some will call it genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp when Lonnie plays bad:

pop is right. He needs to earn time

timvp when Lonnie plays well:

pop is right. He got the best out of him

common denominator:

sniff sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Walker seems to have the type of personality where tough love only makes him better. He kinda has the Parker type of confidence to him where he can accept all criticism because at the end of the day his confidence won't get rattled.
    Pop only goes after players publicly if (1) he knows they're naturally confident (can take it) and (2) he thinks they have a future (they're going to have many chances to defend themselves by their play).

The old saying that you only need to worry when the coach is not yelling at you applies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how frustrating it has been or how wrong Pop was. Lonnie came in so focused on defense and played smart basketball on offense. This man is ready to compete at his highest potential as of right now. Maybe in the end, Pop knew what he was doing. Lonnie is our next Ginobili!

Thread Information