Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they can land Paul and take a run at a championship, that would be stupid. I don't get this obsession with cap space. The '18 free agent class is weak and before you say they can also take on money in a trade, no one is salary dumping a difference maker.

Even if the best they can do, is a Bender or Chriss or someone of their ilk elsewhere, with a decent secondary asset, that's still easily better than losing him for nothing.
    I don't like the 18 class either.

I just think the return is likely to be even worse than space. I wish Bender was on the table, I doubt it. Same for Chriss.

I don't want to be stuck with long to term overpriced crap like Dieng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody have details about LMA unfollowing the Spurs and deleting tweets from '15?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amico gotta be an active member on here tbqh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last summer he still regretted not going to PHX.

His unhappiness has been there for a while, but he gave it time & was professional about it.

The fact that his people reached out to Stephen A finally says a lot. His people knew what they were doing reaching out to the loudest mouth on ESPN.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last summer he still regretted not going to PHX.

His unhappiness has been there for a while, but he gave it time & was professional about it.

The fact that his people reached out to Stephen A finally says a lot. His people knew what they were doing reaching out to the loudest mouth on ESPN.
    Just so funny though. It'd be different if we were like the knicks or kings and we were volatile or something, but the fact he just cares about himself and not winning just makes it harder to move him. It's actually hilarious. He has achieved more success here than he ever has and he wants to leave. Not to mention coming to camp out of shape every year. This has to be a troll or an elite joke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with trading LMA if it improves the Spurs. It's not like we desperately need to dump him right now. I see people propose idiotic trades like Tristan Thompson, a scrub that got overpaid bc LeBron is the GM, and I wonder if people don't get that LMA, and his flaws, is still one of the better players in the NBA. No reason to hurt our team just to dump LMA. Make smart moves, not emotional ones. I'm glad Phil J isn't our GM. Players get emotional. Gotta respond with logic and maturity.
    Youre probably right about him being one of the better. Unfortunately that makes me right saying how the nba actually is. Its always been that way though. Ive seen guys, who led league in scoring, get the worked out of them during alunni tournaments.

However, watching lma want to make a pretty bucket with a fade over a 6 foot pg in the paint over abusing him on the block says it all about what skill and smarts are out there. Very limited game from 95 percent of the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Amico @AmicoHoops

#Cavs and #Spurs talks, previously centered on Danny Green, now also include LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources tell AmicoHoops.

I don't be know how to post Tweets.
    grab the tweet ID. the long series of numbers on a tweet url (https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/878407401812054017)then paste that id like so...

LOL wtf... I just put 1234567890 and it came up with that.

try this example [tweet] testID# [/tweet. make sure the /tweet] bracket is open and closed after tweet. If I try to sho it here the code will work and it disappears on the page. by the way no spaces where the ID goes. I hope this helps. or maybe I just blew your ing mind.
    Last edited by RGMCSE; 06-23-2017 at 08:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice! I might watch this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We stacked!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep him and waste one more year of kawhi's prime oh goodie

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there's another approach to the trade.

If Indiana doesn't get that Celtics deal soon, they are just going to go forward with George for awhile. So why not offer them Aldridge to pair with George? They'd be a top team on the east because the east sucks, they make the 2nd round or ECF, George probably makes all-NBA, maybe they can pretend he'll change his mind.

Thaddeus Young, Niang + Christmas to match salary, and a rolling lotto protected or top 10 pick might not be too bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are the GSW of summer league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope to see our Serbs there too! Thought I read somewhere the Livio was coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA almost guaranteeing he's stuck on the Spurs for the next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the few upsides to living near UNLV is being able to walk to Thomas & Mack for these games. Looking forward to taking lots of pics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA almost guaranteeing he's stuck on the Spurs for the next year.
    Pretty much. I'm fine with a trade if it improves the Spurs. But if it adds dead weight salary or brings a significant downgrade, then why bother? We'll need him to play like he did the 1st half v GS. That player is in there. Hope Pop can bring it out. Plus, if he's going to grow up, it's after this adversity, or never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. I'm fine with a trade if it improves the Spurs. But if it adds dead weight salary or brings a significant downgrade, then why bother? We'll need him to play like he did the 1st half v GS. That player is in there. Hope Pop can bring it out. Plus, if he's going to grow up, it's after this adversity, or never.
    I wouldn't use an asset to get rid of him. If he wants to be an ass he can sit. Good luck signing an FA contract after acting that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grab the tweet ID. the long series of numbers on a tweet url (https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/878407401812054017)then paste that id like so...

LOL wtf... I just put 1234567890 and it came up with that.

try this example [tweet] testID# [/tweet. make sure the /tweet] bracket is open and closed after tweet. If I try to sho it here the code will work and it disappears on the page. by the way no spaces where the ID goes. I hope this helps. or maybe I just blew your ing mind.

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the few upsides to living near UNLV is being able to walk to Thomas & Mack for these games. Looking forward to taking lots of pics.
    Cheers man. I'm a native of Boulder City. Been to the Thomas and Mack a hundred times. I'm sad to be missing SL as I'll be back in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol we will win every game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheers man. I'm a native of Boulder City. Been to the Thomas and Mack a hundred times. I'm sad to be missing SL as I'll be back in Europe.
    Thanks! Visited Europe for the first time last month (Spain/Italy) and probably pissed off the guests in the hotelroom next to mine as I was cheering and cussing a storm at 3 and 4am while streaming​ the Rockets series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a 20 millón dollar guy and played like a 10 million dollar guy. Not a bad player, but not a max player (for when he signed).
    If we trade him for a or players worth his salary then it is an upgrade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Aldridge for Brook Lopez straight up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Aldridge for Brook Lopez straight up?
    I am starting to be hopeful Pop has something better in the works we don't know bc LMA is devalued but Danny was the sweetener and LMA + Danny is a damn good package at a good price considering the new max. I don't know, but I am optimistic this off season will end up working out...

Again having just a bout of optimism Pop has something worked out that is pending execution on FA decisions that they intend to pursue.

Thread Information