Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1900
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rape...usa vs serbia again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia's defense in the 1st half was spectacular.

If you have a fetish for great defense, give it a watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain obviously needed Gasol and Ibaka for the simple fact that they're two of their best players, but Marc would have been a terrible fit alongside Pau defensively (Anthony would have lit Pau up like he did Baynes and both Gasol's can only drop back against the pick-and-roll), Ibaka doesn't have the chops to punish Anthony/Durant in the post and they're both sub par rebounders.

Spain has always lacked a go-to perimeter player and overall athleticism, but their biggest problem is the same as it's always been and the same as the rest of the World: They're equipped with guards and bigs, but not big, athletic, versatile wings. In fact, they don't have a single player capable of physically guarding the likes of Durant, Anthony, George and had either been on the team, James and Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just tuned into Serbia-Australia. What the happened? MVPatty cold as ....

Looks like us Spurs fans get to watch Pau vs Patty for a Bronze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointed with Australia. I expected Serbia to win, but not an ugly blowout like this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia's defense in the 1st half was spectacular.

If you have a fetish for great defense, give it a watch.
    Didn't see it, but holding Australia to 14 is pretty damn impressive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, i thought Australia was going to play better.
    To say the truth even when serbia defended well Aus missed a huge HUGE ammount of open 3´s.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spain obviously needed Gasol and Ibaka for the simple fact that they're two of their best players, but Marc would have been a terrible fit alongside Pau defensively (Anthony would have lit Pau up like he did Baynes and both Gasol's can only drop back against the pick-and-roll), Ibaka doesn't have the chops to punish Anthony/Durant in the post and they're both sub par rebounders.
    Did you miss the 2012 Gold medal game?

Nobody on Team USA could guard Fat Gasol & only foul troubles stopped him when he was trying to guard Durant. Today, Spain was guarding Melo w/ in' Reyes/Mirotic who aren't better defenders than DPOY Gasol & Team USA wasn't running any PnRs w/ Melo. Worst come worst, put Ibaka on Melo & bring Fat Gasol off the bench when Pau is resting. Melo killed Baynes when he was daring him to shoot as if he was 2016 Finals Harrison Barnes.

Spain has always lacked a go-to perimeter player and overall athleticism, but their biggest problem is the same as it's always been and the same as the rest of the World: They're equipped with guards and bigs, but not big, athletic, versatile wings. In fact, they don't have a single player capable of physically guarding the likes of Durant, Anthony, George and had either been on the team, James and Leonard.
    Spain didn't have a go-to player when Pau on one leg was giving it to DeAndre & fouling out Cousins.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Disappointed with Australia. I expected Serbia to win, but not an ugly blowout like this one.
    I'm glad Serbia is winning b/c Bogut doesn't show up in big games & Baynes would have been guarding Melo.

Jokic is going to have his way against Team USA just like Pau.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Markovic is an EXCELLENT defender & is locking him up. He should come in handy against either Klay or Kyrie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like us Spurs fans get to watch Pau vs Patty for a Bronze.
    Yep...win-win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia

Disgusting effort, they looked nervous since the very start and then looked shook after Serbia gave them an early punch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn...Australia is a better matchup. Serbia is going to try to out punch the united states similar to their last finals game.

Serbia 105 USA 125

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got out of bed to watch Straya dish up that e against Serbia. They were so so so so so bad. Hope for a high action drama filled final between TeaMelo and Serbia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia's gonna whoop dat ass. Never forget Kosovo!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neckbeard Mirotic is no Ibaka
    Is Mirotic spanish?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Serbia's gonna whoop dat ass. Never forget Kosovo!
    If only they had Boban....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only they had Boban....
    Truth bomb!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Mirotic spanish?
    He's from Montenegro IIRC. He wouldn't have been able to play if Ibaka went

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you miss the 2012 Gold medal game?

Nobody on Team USA could guard Fat Gasol & only foul troubles stopped him when he was trying to guard Durant. Today, Spain was guarding Melo w/ in' Reyes/Mirotic who aren't better defenders than DPOY Gasol & Team USA wasn't running any PnRs w/ Melo. Worst come worst, put Ibaka on Melo & bring Fat Gasol off the bench when Pau is resting. Melo killed Baynes when he was daring him to shoot as if he was 2016 Finals Harrison Barnes.

Spain didn't have a go-to player when Pau on one leg was giving it to DeAndre & fouling out Cousins.
    Like I said, obviously they needed them because they're two of their best players, but I don't buy that adding both swings the game, as they wouldn't solve their main issues.

At thinking M. Gasol is a better option to defend Anthony than Mirotic or even Reyes because in a vacuum he's a better defender.

The usual lack of reading comprehension. No go to perimeter player, at least of the caliber to pull this off. The idea that P. Gasol, especially at 36, with a calf injury, was going to single handedly out star a collection of some of the best isolation players in the world (whether it be '08, '12 or '16), is asinine. And I'm not sure what you were watching, but Jordan clearly gave him problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mirotic came to play in Real Madrid's youth team at 14 years old, and played there quite awhile and obtained citizenship.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Like I said, obviously they needed them because they're two of their best players, but I don't buy that adding both swings the game, as they wouldn't solve their main issues
    They lost the game b/c they got pounded on the offensive boards, I wonder who could have helped them out in that department?

At thinking M. Gasol is a better option to defend Anthony than Mirotic or even Reyes because in a vacuum he's a better defender.
    Dumbass, I said Reyes/Mirotic aren't better options than DPOY Marc Gasol. Last I check Carmelo wasn't exactly lighting up either one.

Carmelo at his PEAK has been ass against Spain b/c he can't guard either Pau/Marc & he is now washed up to the point he struggled against Reyes.

The idea that P. Gasol, especially at 36, with a calf injury, was going to single handedly out star a collection of some of the best isolation players in the world (whether it be '08, '12 or '16), is asinine. And I'm not sure what you were watching, but Jordan clearly gave him problems.
    Dumbass, Pau was having issues on defense where they missed Ibaka/Marc otherwise he was the best offensive player on either team (Klay had his usual 5 minute outburst & disappeared). DeAndre was bothering the guards when they penetrated & dominating the defensive glass.

A guy who scored 17 points in 17 minutes against Team USA (Marc) & an athletic defensive monster (Ibaka) wouldn't have made a difference when Spain lost the game in the paint b/c Reyes isn't a significant dropoff.

Spain had two starters go scoreless for 3 quarters (Rubio/Mirotic) & it was still a single digit game, '16 Cream Team:
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 08-20-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost the game b/c they got pounded on the offensive boards, I wonder who could have helped them out in that department?

Dumbass, I said Reyes/Mirotic aren't better options than DPOY Marc Gasol. Last I check Carmelo wasn't exactly lighting up either one.

Carmelo at his PEAK has been ass against Spain b/c he can't guard either Pau/Marc & he is now washed up to the point he struggled against Reyes.

Dumbass, Pau was having issues on defense where they missed Ibaka/Marc otherwise he was the best offensive player on either team (Klay had his usual 5 minute outburst & disappeared). DeAndre was bothering the guards when they penetrated & dominating the defensive glass.

A guy who score 17 points in 17 minutes (Marc) & an athletic defensive monster (Ibaka) wouldn't have made a difference when Spain lost the game in the paint b/c Reyes isn't a significant dropoff.

Spain had two starters go scoreless for 3 quarters (Rubio/Mirotic) & it was still a single digit game, '16 Cream Team:
    M. Gasol and Ibaka are poor defensive rebounders and presuming the game would have played out in the exact same manner with them is nonsense.

No, you said they weren't better defenders, dumbass. It was a stupid blanket statement.

Anthony has a better chance to defend the vastly overrated M. Gasol (with help, of course) than the other way around.

P. Gasol was fine, but again, he's not sufficient enough star power to take down any version of the U.S. They've always needed a perimeter player at least on his level to have a real chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any predictions for tomorrow?

I say USA 105 Serbia 90

High scoring game...This is why I didnt want Serbia to win.

Its like Portland vs GSW...only Serbia is worse.

But its one game so I'm hoping for cold USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia 93, USA 76.

Thread Information