Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Paging mono

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Hey Cub, how you holding up? Hope everything is well tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like he's been around forever. Pretty good for someone that didn't start start his 30's.

Over his five-decade career, Mr. Dennehy won two Tony Awards. His first came in 1999 for best actor in “Death of a Salesman” and he earned his second in 2003 for best actor in Eugene O’Neill’s “Long Day’s Journey into Night.” Mr. Dennehy also received a Laurence Olivier Award, a Golden Globe and a SAG Award, and he received six Primetime Emmy Award nominations. He was also inducted into American Theatre Hall of Fame in 2011.

After serving in the Marines, he found work driving a meat truck and doing whatever odd jobs he could find — a period of about a decade that he later called “the best possible apprenticeship” for being an actor.
    “I learned firsthand how a truck driver lives, what a bartender does, how a salesman thinks,” he said. “I had to make a life in those jobs, not just pretend.”
    While juggling day jobs, Mr. Dennehy managed to act in plays across Long Island. He eventually quit those jobs and moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting at 38: His first movie role was as a football player in “Semi-Tough,” for which he was paid $1,000 a week for 10 weeks. He said his only goal at the time was to make enough money to put his children through college. “They had made too many sacrifices over the years,” he said.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    while widely hailed as a standout thespian and good friend by his Broadway compatriots, he was lesser appreciated on movie sets. The gregarious but temperamental actor was often seen as aloof and unapproachable to his co-stars. Even those who had more proven Hollywood careers. By the early 2000's, he'd been asked to leave multiple sets, most notably for punching a 27 year old Madonna during the filming of Desperately Seeking Susan. Many blamed his temper on his on and off again battle with alcohol. Dennehy would often be seen drinking out of a Peanuts Thermos which reportedly was always filled with straight vodka

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Boston College Eagles

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seems like he's been around forever. Pretty good for someone that didn't start start his 30's.
    After serving in the Marines, he found work driving a meat truck and doing whatever odd jobs he could find
    It's the start of the Irishman.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Hey Cub, how you holding up? Hope everything is well tbh.
    Hey, guy!!! Too long. Time goes by in a flash.

Good, good, can't complain.

Same with you I hope, 140. Bless you heart.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ***Was harrowing as "John Wayne Gacy" in a 1/2 baked treatment of that character. Coulda been better but it was rushed & limited like a lawsuit was standing in the way.

***Had a real emotional role in "The Next Three Days", a movie I just love. Dennehy plays the father of Russell Crowe's character. Father & son have been estranged when the situation involving Crowe's [hot wife] comes down. It takes pro's like these 2 to pull off their last scene together. I get choked up pondering it. It's so pure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I love watching that dance scene in "Tommy Boy." One can tell it could be compromised by playing for the camera, but, each actor is up to it, to their responsibility in keeping form in a raucous production set shot thru & thru by Farley. He explodes to the stage on Q.

Rob Lowe sitting stage edge is a wonderment. Bo Derek as well.

Film. American film.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My first memory of him was as the alien leader in Cocoon. Watched that dozens of times as a kid. Tahnee Welch's ass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My first memory of him was as the alien leader in Cocoon. Watched that dozens of times as a kid. Tahnee Welch's ass
    Honestly, I'm shocked that you don't remember him from First Blood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ...he drives that film. Makes it personal. His character is a monster, even more so that Gault. Gault doesn't hide his . He spreads it to everything he touches. "Leroy" in the hallway paint job. The young deputies who are being taught by both Gault and Teasle. (These deputies) know (it) ain't right, but, they march anyway. This is a Stallone touched production and he hits all buttons.
    [
    Teasle hides his hatred behind the facade of being [Sheriff.] Belches, belly drapped over his pants coming out into light, into Jerkwater for the first time in the movie, and slovenly addresses the lady folk. Watch "mother" herd her children away from this man. Makes fun of a citizen for not bathing, just loud enough for (us) to hear for sure and most likely the local. We're not appalled, we know what's coming, but, (citizen) must be decimated. "Did he really say that to you, George?" George's wife.

Teasle never gives an inch, not to another human being during this entire motion picture.

Why is (Will) so full of hatred? Gault was born that way, but, what happened to (Will?)

At 93 mins this is a flawless motion picture event.

Stallone, is a genuine American hero. God bless this man.

Sylvester Stallone

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wasn't he that bounty hunter in Young Guns?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    was it corona?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I do, but that was when I was a teen. I was like 8 or 10 when both movies were popular so my parents weren't really into letting me watch Rambo shoot up a bunch of people. The irony is that because of Cocoon's tame nature as a film they were fine with overlooking the ass scene lol. Conservative parents are strange tbh

Thread Information