Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Rummpd;10609643]
    They're individuals who are free to make their own personal health decisions.[/QUOTE

They are playing a team sport and putting others at risk besides themselves. From a public health perspective, these players should be embracing getting vaccinated ASAP and serving as role models to others - they surely have access to enough information on the benefits.
    I don't understand this argument. It's pretty well known at this point that those who are vaccinated can get COVID, but supposedly with less severe symptoms. So how are they anymore at risk? CNN, Saint Lemon, Lord Biden etc have told me for months now that it's only the unvaccinated at risk, they're the only ones in the hospital etc etc etc

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this argument. It's pretty well known at this point that those who are vaccinated can get COVID, but supposedly with less severe symptoms. So how are they anymore at risk? CNN, Saint Lemon, Lord Biden etc have told me for months now that it's only the unvaccinated at risk, they're the only ones in the hospital etc etc etc

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

It could be indirectly. Some players take care of their parents, grandparents, maybe a more vulnerable family member. Unvaccinated players will also be in contact with more than just other NBA players who are young and healthy.

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 other players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

The unvaccinated player later tests positive a couple days later. None of the players got sick or even knew they had it. This is how it spread so crazy to begin with. The people who didn't show symptoms passing it on to more vulnerable people.

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards.

When you can't consider things other than direct actions and direct consequences, you fail to understand why we're still in a hole place with this pandemic. And you'll make up excuses why pro vaxxers are dramatic, self righteous zealots. But in reality, you're just selfish assholes.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It could be indirectly. Some players take care of their parents, grandparents, maybe a more vulnerable family member. Unvaccinated players will also be in contact with more than just other NBA players who are young and healthy.

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 other players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

The unvaccinated player later tests positive a couple days later. None of the players got sick or even knew they had it. This is how it spread so crazy to begin with. The people who didn't show symptoms passing it on to more vulnerable people.
    This has been debated for months now. There have been several reports from qualified outlets showing that vaccinated individuals carry just as high a viral load as those that are unvaccinated. To claim that your opinion is correct just because CNN and Lord Biden said so is the ultimate form of ' baggery'. Which 'science' is correct in this info?

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards.

When you can't consider things other than direct actions and direct consequences, you fail to understand why we're still in a hole place with this pandemic. And you'll make up excuses why pro vaxxers are dramatic, self righteous zealots. But in reality, you're just selfish assholes.

Considering obesity is the #1 health-related killer in the US, I always find it funny how nobody calls them "selfish" for the same reason. Shouldn't we be just as angry as the spurstalk GTG lardass who gulps down 50 hotdogs a day for taking up a hospital room whenever they have their inevitable heart attack, stroke, etc. Instead we're told not to 'fat shame' while you s get more outraged over a disease with a 99.98% survival rate then Spurfan over Jason Terry's nut punch

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission. An unvaccinated NBA player gets it, has no symptoms, plays, gets 5 othe.r players infected, one referee, and another 2 stadium staff members infected, all vaccinated. None of the 5 vaccinated players have symptoms but one player gets his 70 year old grandfather sick and he gets a severe case, the referee gets sick and infects his wife who has cancer, she's on a ventilator, the one stadium staffer who gets it is vaccinated but has Lupus, she dies.

It's all odds related. Vaccination doesn't end transmission. But it helps the odds tremendously. Unvaccinated people don't consider the indirect consequences. The unvaccinated covid patients taking ICU beds from non covid patients, for example. People have died because they couldn't get into the ICU for medical attention and procedures that could have saved their lives because unvaccinated covid patients have flooded ICU wards

And yet they are firing their unvaxxed and already over worked staff. Somehow the math does not add up if the ICU's are full.

But you are correct that as a nation we have failed in covid response. I'm conservative and freely admit that Trump should have been more forthcoming and candid with the American people... his "slow the testing down" comments are some of the stupidest sh1t I have ever heard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines have been in use for more than 200 years, not to mention it being a part of everybody’s lives and it’s amazing how large of segment of the population does not understand how it works. It’s even more amazing that those who are ignorant are so vocal on this subject not realize how stupid it makes them look.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines have been in use for more than 200 years, not to mention it being a part of everybody’s lives and it’s amazing how large of segment of the population does not understand how it works. It’s even more amazing that those who are ignorant are so vocal on this subject not realize how stupid it makes them look.
    There is indeed a large segment of the population who doesn't know how these products work, and it's the segment that projects the characteristics of fully tested, attenuated virus vaccines onto these e protein generating, experimental products.

And wow, you can really tell who gets their information from the teevee on here:

"Being unvaccinated increases the odds of infection and transmission."

"But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted."

"No different than requiring annual flu vaccine, hepa is vaccinations, etc."

"They are being selfish divas..."

"The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. "

All these products do is give you a concentrated dose of the original Wuhan bioweapon e protein, or in the case of the mRNA versions, they essentially turn your body into a e protein producing virus. They are not vaccines. They don't reduce your risk of becoming sick. They increase your risk of being hospitalized. They cause the in-the-wild versions of COVID to become more deadly.

The CDC HIDES all this by treating people with (one of the two doses), or people who have been (recently vaccinated) as (UNVACCINATED). Why do you always see the numbers broken down as vaccinated vs unvaccinated, when the reality is that a huge chunk of the population is partially vaccinated?

Because:

Unvaccinated
    1/2 Doses Vaccinated <---- Most of the deaths and hospitalizations....
    2/2 Doses Vaccinated but < 14 days <---- ...are in these two groups, and being categorized as "unvaccinated"
    Vaccinated > 14 Days

The people who are vaccinated and at > 14 days are the survivors of the vaccine. The unvaccinated are the pure bloods who won't need medical treatment for the rest of their lives.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    All these products do is give you a concentrated dose of the original Wuhan bioweapon e protein, or in the case of the mRNA versions, they essentially turn your body into a e protein producing virus. They are not vaccines. They don't reduce your risk of becoming sick. They increase your risk of being hospitalized. They cause the in-the-wild versions of COVID to become more deadly.

The CDC HIDES all this by treating people with (one of the two doses), or people who have been (recently vaccinated) as (UNVACCINATED). Why do you always see the numbers broken down as vaccinated vs unvaccinated, when the reality is that a huge chunk of the population is partially vaccinated?
    proof?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is indeed a large segment of the population who doesn't know how these products work, and it's the segment that projects the characteristics of fully tested, attenuated virus vaccines onto these e protein generating, experimental products.

And wow, you can really tell who gets their information from the teevee on here:

"But we do have n95 masks readily available for people who are still uneasy about going out in public even though they are vaxxed. And unlike cloth masks, they actually offer good protection if properly fitted."

"The bigger picture as it has been with almost all vaccines is that if you reduce the amount of time the virus is in a person, the less time it has to spread. "

Because:

Unvaccinated
    2/2 Doses Vaccinated but < 14 days <---- ...are in these two groups, and being categorized as "unvaccinated"
    Vaccinated > 14 Days

The people who are vaccinated and at > 14 days are the survivors of the vaccine. The unvaccinated are the pure bloods who won't need medical treatment for the rest of their lives.
    LOL head who gets disinformation from Facebook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet they are firing their unvaxxed and already over worked staff. Somehow the math does not add up if the ICU's are full.

But you are correct that as a nation we have failed in covid response. I'm conservative and freely admit that Trump should have been more forthcoming and candid with the American people... his "slow the testing down" comments are some of the stupidest sh1t I have ever heard.
    As they should be. Last thing people admitted for emergency non COVID care need is to get infected by a nurse who isn't taking the pandemic seriously when they're in a weakened state and will have a ton of contact with said nurse.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    As they should be. Last thing people admitted for emergency non COVID care need is to get infected by a nurse who isn't taking the pandemic seriously when they're in a weakened state and will have a ton of contact with said nurse.
    Same people who worked through the pandemic while most others were hiding under their beds for a year. Most of them likely have been infected and have natural immunity.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Same people who worked through the pandemic while most others were hiding under their beds for a year. Most of them likely have been infected and have natural immunity.
    lol conjecture

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that would actually be a case of breaking HIPAA to verify whether or not they had already been infected, so the hospitals must assume they haven't and thus will be prime candidates to be COVID vectors to their sick patients.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because:

Unvaccinated
    Vaccinated > 14 Days

The average intelligence of the entire internet just dropped 15 points after this post …. Giving the internet iq of —15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, his religious exemption was denied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem, same one who said the Bucks couldn't win a ring as currently constructed about 2 weeks before they won a ring.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol conjecture
    What if they can prove it? Should they be allowed an exemption?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem, same one who said the Bucks couldn't win a ring as currently constructed about 2 weeks before they won a ring.
    he was correct that these people wont put their money where their mouth is. wiggins already bent the knee

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What if they can prove it? Should they be allowed an exemption?
    considering the majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is still not as effective as a vaccination, and my focus is on helping people as opposed to "muh rights" I personally would say no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was correct that these people wont put their money where their mouth is. wiggins already bent the knee
    It sounds clever but in reality he's telling someone to choose their health over their career, and we already know many players don't do that regardless of COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds clever but in reality he's telling someone to choose their health over their career, and we already know many players don't do that regardless of COVID.
    who is having to give up their career over their health?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because:

Unvaccinated
    Vaccinated > 14 Days

This statement demonstrates a lack of understanding of how viruses and immunity work. That e protein is only a small part of the covid virus. Without the rest of the virus (the envelope, the complete RNA genome), the e protein is harmless. It's just a foreign protein that can't invade or destroy your cells.

Your body then recognizes this foreign protein and generates antibodies and an overall immune response to this protein. So the next time the actual covid virus comes into your body and shows the e protein to your body, your immune system is ready and destroys the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Mark Celibate;10610925]

Those who are unvaccinated are at a much higher risk of transmitting the disease to others, as well as having severe illness or hospitalization themselves. Unfortunately, this vaccine is not yet approved in children less than 12 years old, so all of those kids are at greater risk being around unvaccinated people.

In fact, we're seeing more children with covid and covid related illnesses now than even during the height of the pandemic last year.

There are also immunocompromised people (diabetes, transplant recipients, etc) whose bodies may not respond fully to the vaccine and to depend on us for protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been debated for months now. There have been several reports from qualified outlets showing that vaccinated individuals carry just as high a viral load as those that are unvaccinated. To claim that your opinion is correct just because CNN and Lord Biden said so is the ultimate form of ' baggery'. Which 'science' is correct in this info?

Considering obesity is the #1 health-related killer in the US, I always find it funny how nobody calls them "selfish" for the same reason. Shouldn't we be just as angry as the spurstalk GTG lardass who gulps down 50 hotdogs a day for taking up a hospital room whenever they have their inevitable heart attack, stroke, etc. Instead we're told not to 'fat shame' while you s get more outraged over a disease with a 99.98% survival rate then Spurfan over Jason Terry's nut punch
    It would very unusual/pretty much impossible for the viral loads to be the same. The whole point of vaccination is to minimize the viral load by having your immune system primed and ready to attack and destroy the virus before it can replicate enough to cause significant illness.

Nobody is quite sure at exactly what viral load you become contagious, but we do know that the higher the viral load, the higher your risk of spreading the disease. These vaccinations have been proven to decrease the viral load and the ability of the virus to spread, and this has been proven across multiple studies in the MEDICAL journals, so I have no idea what you're referencing.

And your point about obesity is somewhat valid. For the vast majority of obese patients, it is a choice and most of us do end up paying for their poor decisions in some way. And trust me, if there was some sort of way to vaccinate against obesity, you'd best believe we'd do it lol. However, there are plenty of people who go to hospitals for non-obesity related conditions such as trauma, stroke, type 1 diabetes, and severe non-covid infections. These people are also losing access to care.

Thread Information