Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the asking prices for Kyrie is to high for Flakers and if we can just do a trade for Westbrick straight up for a unprotected first. Would that then give them cap room to say go after someone like Sexton?
    Sexton has supposedly already signed an offer sheet with someone. Also don’t believe you can use a TE like cap room to sign FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im just curious. What happens to all money not being used? $30 million in cap space, Does it go back to the Spurs owners (money saved) or the NBA? I ask simply because attendance is low these days. Could this also be killing two birds with one stone? We rebuild and the Spurs owners take less of a hit to the pocket while we’re in rebuuld with low attendance? With all the Spurs moving to Austin talk in a few years it just makes me wonder. Assuming the Spurs owners save or pay that money, would the Spurs owners want to pay $30 million for 1 future first round pick taking on Westbrocks contract? Im guessing it takes 10 home games to generate $30 Million in revenue. Im just thinking of this from a prespective of keeping the Spurs in San Antonio.
    There s a minimum salary floor that you have to hit, and for just this reason. Donald Sterling did this year after year until they made the rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give to the players on roster. So say keldon gets the money.

OKC had that this year I think. So that will be the sample
    I don’t think OKC did it. That would be huge news. Those ty Philly Process teams never even did. They would pick up the corpse of some veteran after the post trade deadline cuts, and make the figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the asking prices for Kyrie is to high for Flakers and if we can just do a trade for Westbrick straight up for a unprotected first. Would that then give them cap room to say go after someone like Sexton?
    Even if we were able to eat all 47mm of Russ’ contract without sending salary out (we can’t) the Lakers would be at the salary cap.

They have no avenue to sign Sexton.
    Last edited by KingKev; 07-17-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think OKC did it. That would be huge news. Those ty Philly Process teams never even did. They would pick up the corpse of some veteran after the post trade deadline cuts, and make the figure.

Something like 10+ mil with the DEN salary dump. Split between players on the roster depending on games played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we were able to eat all 47mm of Russ’ contract without sending salary out (we can’t) that Lakers would be at the salary cap.

They have no avenue to sign Sexton.
    It’d create a sizeable trade exception that they could use though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’d create a sizeable trade exception that they could use though.
    Which is probably pretty useless given they will have no assets to send out post Russ trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's impossible to get every player. Clearly the Spurs valued Branham and Wesley higher than Minott, and it's not a hard pick. He was not good in college, while the other two were. Minott did well in summer league, but it's a setting made for athletes. By many accounts he struggled with rotations and common, everyday team basketball at Memphis, which is why he wasn't played very often. He'd blow up defensive sets because he didn't know what to do. This isn't anything against him; it just means he's more of a project. In the big league it may be a while before teams don't feast on him.

Days... It happens. He's hardly a sure-fire hit and Barlow was the player the team took. We also picked up Roby, who has proven he can actually play in the NBA already.

If the Spurs are looking for a player at this point, it's not a big, it's a point guard.
    I think there's a fair chance that DJ Stewart gets the other 2 way. It makes sense at least. He can play some PG, makes good decisions, is a little more mature than the younger guys, and doesn't raise our ceiling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is probably pretty useless given they will have no assets to send out post Russ trade.
    If we took 1 unprotected 1st they'd still have one other 1st and a swap to use with the TE I believe. They'd have to take McDermott to make the numbers work as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we took 1 unprotected 1st they'd still have one other 1st and a swap to use with the TE I believe. They'd have to take McDermott to make the numbers work as well.
    I doubt their goal is to offload Russ without having the next deal lined up.

If you are paying an unprotected FRP to offload Russ you better have use for that TPE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly used to do that to avoid paying their players extra. The CBA made that illegal, and the floor accounts for cash paid rather than cap space used. The Sixers used to trade for a guy making say $10 Million on his contract late in the year when it meant they only had to pay him $3 Million or so and then write off all $10 Million against the floor. Now doing so would only let them count the $3 Million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly used to do that to avoid paying their players extra. The CBA made that illegal, and the floor accounts for cash paid rather than cap space used. The Sixers used to trade for a guy making say $10 Million on his contract late in the year when it meant they only had to pay him $3 Million or so and then write off all $10 Million against the floor. Now doing so would only let them count the $3 Million.
    I’m glad they closed that loop hole. Seemed unfair to the players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im just curious. What happens to all money not being used? $30 million in cap space, Does it go back to the Spurs owners (money saved) or the NBA? I ask simply because attendance is low these days. Could this also be killing two birds with one stone? We rebuild and the Spurs owners take less of a hit to the pocket while we’re in rebuuld with low attendance? With all the Spurs moving to Austin talk in a few years it just makes me wonder. Assuming the Spurs owners save or pay that money, would the Spurs owners want to pay $30 million for 1 future first round pick taking on Westbrocks contract? Im guessing it takes 10 home games to generate $30 Million in revenue. Im just thinking of this from a prespective of keeping the Spurs in San Antonio.
    I believe 90 per cent of the cap must be spent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn

The Utah Jazz have agreed on a two-year, $6.25M deal with Italian forward Simone Fontecchio of Baskonia in the Spanish ACB, his agent Sam Goldfeder of @excelbasketball tells ESPN. @DraftExpress considers Fontecchio, 26, the best available international small forward prospect.

3:06pm · 17 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Nuggets, I would be offering Michael Porter Jr. and as many first round picks it takes to get Durant.

Jokic, Durant and Murray is a championship level team.
    Would probably have to offer less picks without Porter in the deal tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that is cheap as . They deserve what they got from Simmons then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad they closed that loop hole. Seemed unfair to the players.
    Wow that is cheap as . They deserve what they got from Simmons then.
    To be clear, the result that comes from that isn't particularly that the players get less. Their share of annual revenue is fixed. The individual players on those Sixers team got smaller bonus checks that they would have, but the money the Sixers saved got paid to the players as a whole out of the escrow fund. The obvious result of this is that other teams didn't get back as much money as they should have. Philly was more stealing from the rest of the owners rather than from the players, which is why the next CBA put a stop to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    The Denver Nuggets are signing Australian F Jack White to a two-way contract, sources tell ESPN. White had a strong Summer League performance for Denver.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...um/9598774002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I’d rather have that than turning over my team to Klutch like the Lakers did

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say with Luka. He’s probably eating his way across Europe like Robert DeNiro did for Raging Bull. Too busy enjoying life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harrell just got arrested apparently.

Might as well guarantee KBD's contract . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harrell just got arrested apparently.

Might as well guarantee KBD's contract . . .
    That was a month ago, before the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #extendpoodle

Thread Information