Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott can still space the floor. He isn’t worthless, he still shot the 3 pretty well last year. He’s actually good for a tank. He can help your young guys develop their offense while giving up points on defense to lose games.
    Even if that’s true, Under no cir stances do you pay someone like that that much money for multiple years. Zero excuses for that deal.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would still be a stretch if he was a great leader but I don’t see him in ANY videos with the young players. Richardson is the better player and we still need to trade him, too. Hilarious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if that’s true, Under no cir stances do you pay someone like that that much money for multiple years. Zero excuses for that deal.
    Brother that deal happens across the whole nba! Lol. It’s not an outlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McB was making almost half that much the year before. It's hard not to say it was an overpay. I mean, I don't think he had some amazing season the year before we got him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there are many idiotic deals, that doesn't make it any less idiotic. When pretty much any average fan can see it for what it is, and reality proves that to be the case, there's no other way to call it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs legend Juancho Hernangomez (a.k.a. Bo Cruz) just helped Spain win their 4th EuroBasket le over France with 27 points (9/11, 7/9 from three)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there are many idiotic deals, that doesn't make it any less idiotic. When pretty much any average fan can see it for what it is, and reality proves that to be the case, there's no other way to call it.
    An average fan does not need to build an offense tbh. That is why these one way guys still get the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An average fan does not need to build an offense tbh. That is why these one way guys still get the bag.
    What offense does McDermott help build? Unless you're talking about the offense to common sense, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh for sure lol. I think there are more than a few dumb FO decisions and it’s not just spurs. But it still frustrates me that our FO fell into the trap

But honestly, even though this path still requires execution and some luck I love what they’ve done and they have shown an ability to modernize their operations so I’m good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What offense does McDermott help build? Unless you're talking about the offense to common sense, that is.
    Spacing the floor? It’s like you guys have forgotten what it was like having 0 3 point threats on the team. That was only a few years ago. For folks who rant about how they know how to build a team better, seems like they have zero clue about team structure. Having a reliable 3 pt shooter (overpaid or not) allows the other guys to develop at a normal pace than if we had none causing guys to struggle dribbling in the paint. The situation with Poeltl is the same. Having competent players surround your prospects gives them training wheels to play how they should play and not overcompensate for something because other parts of the body are weak. It’s development 101. Not to mention it allows the coach to say to players that they have to shoot as good or better than McD to get on the floor which has its own motivational advantages.

And I understand McD has weak defense. You’d rather overcompensate on defense than offense since 1) offense is more modern, anyway and 2) the team needs a player to develop into a go-to scorer as the top priority.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-20-2022 at 05:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ another reason why McD is actually a great tank commander. Won’t win you any games but is a floor spacer and moves well without the ball.

Jak is going to win you a few games however. Although without DJ spoon feeding him in the PnR I suspect his offensive game takes a step back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Market value is actually a real thing coupled with supply and demand. That’s all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ another reason why McD is actually a great tank commander. Won’t win you any games but is a floor spacer and moves well without the ball.

Jak is going to win you a few games however. Although without DJ spoon feeding him in the PnR I suspect his offensive game takes a step back.
    If they start Tre, the PnR won’t miss a beat, and might actually be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they start Tre, the PnR won’t miss a beat, and might actually be better.
    I’m a huge proponent of Tre but DJ is way more of a scoring threat and he and Jak had great chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spacing the floor? It’s like you guys have forgotten what it was like having 0 3 point threats on the team. That was only a few years ago. For folks who rant about how they know how to build a team better, seems like they have zero clue about team structure. Having a reliable 3 pt shooter (overpaid or not) allows the other guys to develop at a normal pace than if we had none causing guys to struggle dribbling in the paint. The situation with Poeltl is the same. Having competent players surround your prospects gives them training wheels to play how they should play and not overcompensate for something because other parts of the body are weak. It’s development 101. Not to mention it allows the coach to say to players that they have to shoot as good or better than McD to get on the floor which has its own motivational advantages.

And I understand McD has weak defense. You’d rather overcompensate on defense than offense since 1) offense is more modern, anyway and 2) the team needs a player to develop into a go-to scorer as the top priority.
    No one is arguing against he need for shooting and floor spacing, the problem is paying 40M for a one dimensional player who offers only that and is a liability everywhere else, which you could make an argument for a contending team, but not for a team that was clearly very far off. That's not just my view (or many others' around here), just about the entire league's view on McDermott, apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is arguing against he need for shooting and floor spacing, the problem is paying 40M for a one dimensional player who offers only that and is a liability everywhere else, which you could make an argument for a contending team, but not for a team that was clearly very far off. That's not just my view (or many others' around here), just about the entire league's view on McDermott, apparently.
    I have bad news for you about the kind of free agents who will willingly sign here . Also lol at the idea that bad teams need good players. ..what a concept!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He preaches logic but it only takes one whiff of PATFO’s panties and his emotions take over. Sniffer extraordinaire.

The fact we had to overpay Dougie to be here is a whole other conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bag can’t get off these nuts. I don’t know why your pussy ass chimes in when you showed your true colors supporting dumbasses like Anthony Edwards and diminishing the act by calling it simply bad language when the dude was a coward for talking about people who are simply standing there. That’s your ilk and all your toxic masculinity is a shame to all society. Keep being the you are on this forum.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bag can’t get off these nuts. I don’t know why your pussy ass chimes in when you showed your true colors supporting dumbasses like Anthony Edwards and diminishing the act by calling it simply bad language when the dude was a coward for talking about people who are simply standing there. That’s your ilk and all your toxic masculinity is a shame to all society. Keep being the you are on this forum.
    if toxic masculinity were a forum it would definitely be this place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if toxic masculinity were a forum it would definitely be this place.
    Masculinity is only toxic to pussies like you bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at tough guy over here!
    Flex them there internet muscles bubba. Show that masculinity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per usual, the pussy runs away with his tail between his legs… back to the topic.

No one was arguing the need for shooting? You clearly were when I was responding to your post “what offense does McDermott help build”? That’s what my entire post was about. I addressed the contract and his liabilities which is a separate point to “what offense does McD help build”. Your own words brought up an argument to rankingtear’s post about building an offense. Bro, this is some weird gaslighting.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re gonna show everyone how angry and tough you are when you shoot up that shopping mall.

That’ll show them not to with your incel army.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-over-the-top

BR quoting Dejounte father timvp

Really don’t see GS as a destination for Jak unless Pop just wants to help his buddy but it is feasible.

I know they are high on all their youth so it’d be Looney and an FRP which isn’t enough but if we gave them our 23 SRP, Jak for Looney, PBJ and their 23 FRP Id do it.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-21-2022 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KK: I could see a deal like that happening. Something we didn’t initially expect.

Thread Information