Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's PAC is sitting on $100 million right now and he's not using a penny of it to help GOP candidates in close races, even Trump-endorsed candidates like Doug Mastriano who are underfunded and could really use help from a PAC.

If he's too selfish to use PAC money to help a governor candidate he endorsed in Pennsylvania who's basically said that he would rig the 2024 PA election for Trump if he's elected, why the would he ever get behind a primary opponent who beats him in 2024 and ends his political career?
    He doesn't get beaten if he doesn't even run.

The GOP doesn't want him to run, and it's for the exact reasons you guys have already brought up. He's a poison pill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it's not like I'm saying they'll "ask him nicely." One can only imagine how much dirt they have on him.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Trump has no choice but to run. His criminal and civil jeopardy is so great that the best and only way to avoid or at least mitigate/delay it is to be president again.

And Trump could rape his grandchild on stage during one of his rallies and still have support of half the Republican party. Darrin has proved that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Trump has no choice but to run. His criminal and civil jeopardy is so great that the best and only way to avoid or at least mitigate/delay it is to be president again.
    Not if he's promised a pardon in exchange for his endorsement. He has a better chance at getting that than of winning the Presidency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I will pardon Trump from all pending investigations and prevent future ones" is probably a top-five effective campaign message for the next Republican candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if he's promised a pardon in exchange for his endorsement. He has a better chance at getting that than of winning the Presidency.
    It looks like the do ent case is moving way too fast for public citizen Trump to avoid prison before November 2024. I can't see his waiting passively for DeSantis to win while he could still run for president from behind bars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I will pardon Trump from all pending investigations and prevent future ones" is probably a top-five effective campaign message for the next Republican candidate.
    Will work in the primaries for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like the do ent case is moving way too fast for public citizen Trump to avoid prison before November 2024. I can't see his waiting passively for DeSantis to win while he could still run for president from behind bars.
    I still don't think he'll get prison but even if that was imminent, he'd probably just hide out in Russia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't think he'll get prison but even if that was imminent, he'd probably just hide out in Russia.
    And still run for president from there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And Trump could rape his grandchild on stage during one of his rallies and still have support of half the Republican party. Darrin has proved that.
    1. You can’t prove it’s rape. She was just being dramatic. I hate Drumpf, but come on, if you can’t do a little consensual rape play on stage with your grandchild, then we’re basically Communist China!

2. Biden sniffed a girl’s hair!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...we're looking at a Biden/Coon vs Trump/Career suicide and a pitiful 3rd party candidate in 2024.

Gonna abstain again. Dems gonna win. Will check back in in a few years but expect to see the same 3-5 people doing the same thing they've done habitually for a quarter century. Thank goodness you guys keep this place going. Great work.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Trump supporters are delusional to the extreme but maybe not that depraved. But Trump has given them an out for any and every situation, no matter how bad. Just lie. Lie and lie and lie some more until you even believe the lies. Look at Roger Stone. Caught on video. He goes straight to the "uh well the media manipulated the audio" lie. It's the blueprint for everything that casts him in a bad light.

There's nothing his followers can be phased by. Anything negative and it's a liberal witch hunt. Any clear and obvious sin, and they'll say it was staged. Any lie to cover up a crime, and they'll believe it. To the bitter end.

It's the ultimate brainwash. It's amazing really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...we're looking at a Biden/Coon vs Trump/Career suicide and a pitiful 3rd party candidate in 2024.
    Racist right wing jackass confirmed. Thanks for checking in. Great stuff.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think making whether or not Trump gets a pardon an issue in 2024 would be an insanely stupid thing for the GOP candidate (assuming it's not Trump) to do.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And it's not like I'm saying they'll "ask him nicely." One can only imagine how much dirt they have on him.
    Whatever dirt the GOP establishment has on Trump, it hasn't stopped him from sabotaging several key races this year by endorsing the worst possible candidates.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I shared this with my Cali Conservestives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is going to be the one to release such dirt? liz cheney? lincoln project?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think making whether or not Trump gets a pardon an issue in 2024 would be an insanely stupid thing for the GOP candidate (assuming it's not Trump) to do.
    Based on what? That message wouldn't lose any voters on the right, and stands to gain a lot from the MAGA bloc who might otherwise see the GOP candidate as a RINO or Trump enemy and stay home in 2024.

It's certainly not going to change anyone's vote on the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is going to be the one to release such dirt? liz cheney? lincoln project?
    If it came to that I would expect an anonymous leak followed by a full court press from FOX News, Mitch McConnell, and other mainstream Republicans to denounce whatever activity they reveal. Sort of like you saw for like 6 hours after Jan 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it would never come to that because Trump would bend the knee.

And I think they'll go the bribery route before the blackmail route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what? That message wouldn't lose any voters on the right, and stands to gain a lot from the MAGA bloc who might otherwise see the GOP candidate as a RINO or Trump enemy and stay home in 2024.

It's certainly not going to change anyone's vote on the left.
    Independents are a substantial group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it came to that I would expect an anonymous leak followed by a full court press from FOX News, Mitch McConnell, and other mainstream Republicans to denounce whatever activity they reveal. Sort of like you saw for like 6 hours after Jan 6.
    i doubt it would last. i think you underestimate the pull trump has on their base

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Independents are a substantial group.
    They're also hard to define because plenty of straight ticket voters on both sides identify as "independent." And they have a 50/50 interest in Trump being charged. I doubt this is an issue that true independents will be swayed by.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 09-28-2022 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i doubt it would last. i think you underestimate the pull trump has on their base
    What wouldn't last? I'm not talking about an embarrassing pic here, we're talking crimes and legal consequences. That's the threat. And Trump will bend the knee before letting that happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're also hard to define because plenty of straight ticket voters on both sides identify as "independent." And they have a 50/50 interest in Trump being charged. I doubt this is an issue that true independents will be swayed by.
    Wouldn't take many. All that would be needed is to continue the anti-Trump sentiment among independents from 2020.
    What wouldn't last? I'm not talking about an embarrassing pic here, we're talking crimes and legal consequences. That's the threat. And Trump will bend the knee before letting that happen.
    What's worse than what he's currently facing?
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 09-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information