Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna look in the mirror and wonder "How the did i go from a championship team in LA, where i was raised, to a crap team in Houston for the MLE."

Poor Ariza. Mitch doing "payback" to Ariza's agent for the Bynum deal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stupid Thread...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No but in all seriousness Ariza is gonna regret leaving for Houston

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No but in all seriousness Ariza is gonna regret leaving for Houston
    umm isnt that what he implied

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ariza looked at his offer, then looked at Sasha, Morrison, and Luke, and felt disrespected, but he should have realized the money wasnt there.
    He also needs to realize that there is no point in the Lakers paying him any higher if there are no offers coming in. I'm pretty sure Mitch told the agent to give him some offers and the agent came up with nothing. Then who come knocking on the door..Ron Ron himself.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you couldn't get more than the MLE from another team, wouldn't you rather take it in LA? Ariza and his agent fumbled this one.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yup, Ariza and his agent ed up. Can't wait to see Ron punk the out of that little Paul Pierce.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In reality, the Lakers chose Artest over Ariza. They have been after Artest for about 4 years now. The first day of free agency his agent said the Lakers didn't even offer the full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza looked at his offer, then looked at Sasha, Morrison, and Luke, and felt disrespected, but he should have realized the money wasnt there.
    maybe the lakers shouldve offloaded them wankers on the team who are doing jack ....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yup, Ariza and his agent ed up. Can't wait to see Ron punk the out of that little Paul Pierce.
    What did he ask for? 5 years, $40 million? When nobody else would give him 5 years at the 5.6 MLE slot? And the Lakers have to go dollar to dollar luxury tax penalty on top of all of that? I certainly see the logic in what LA did, and it was probably the right move after Ariza and his agent threw a hissy fit.

It certainly works out financially for the Lakers, since they incur no lux tax penalty on a more talented player in Artest. It will be easier to match offers to Odom. I just wonder: Can Artest's ball-hogging instincts be curbed in LA? Can Phil and Kobe raise his basketball IQ? Basketball only, I thought Ariza was a better fit for the team. He's already been a valuable contributor on a le team. Artest is high risk/high reward.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    maybe the lakers shouldve offloaded them wankers on the team who are doing jack ....
    Trust me, if they could they would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt the agent ed this whole up for Ariza.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza got too emotional. Made the wrong decisions.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ariza got too emotional. Made the wrong decisions.
    Yeah, he could've had MLE money in LA or MLE money on a cratering Houston team. Why the did he choose the Rockets? He thinks he can showcase his stuff with Yao and TMac gone? Hope he likes the humidity, the strip clubs, and the traffic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of like the idea of building around Brooks, Ariza and Scola. Ariza feels disrespected you can't blame the guy. After all he did for that team....

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he could've had MLE money in LA or MLE money on a cratering Houston team. Why the did he choose the Rockets? He thinks he can showcase his stuff with Yao and TMac gone? Hope he likes the humidity, the strip clubs, and the traffic.
    All of which San Antonio and Dallas dont have.

but yeah, him anyway. Im glad he's off the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally ariza will smell fresh air

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A UCLA player thinking he is better than he actually is.

If I had the choice though, Id take Trev over Ron. I hope the Lakers made the right move.

the ovens are our hearts. BlackBellamy's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally ariza will smell fresh air
    Ah, the fresh, clean coastal air of pristine Houston!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    A UCLA player thinking he is better than he actually is.

If I had the choice though, Id take Trev over Ron. I hope the Lakers made the right move.
    When you weigh both the financial and the basketball reasons together, I think LA made the right choice. Basketball only, I think you choose Ariza. Financial only, I think you choose Artest. Weighing both of them together, I think Artest is the way to go.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you couldn't get more than the MLE from another team, wouldn't you rather take it in LA? Ariza and his agent fumbled this one.
    It was a miscalculated bluff by his agent. Ariza should fire that guy.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In reality, the Lakers chose Artest over Ariza. They have been after Artest for about 4 years now.
    That's it. Right there.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LOL at all these kids who think he got caught in a bluff. He hasnt even ing signed yet.

The Lakers are full of a bunch of idiots and bags. He clearly just wants playing time and doesnt care about the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By leaving he should've at least gone to a contender like the Cavs-shaq said today they are very interested in him. If I was getting the same contract I would go to the cavs presently anyday over the rockets

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Cavs dont really have a future though. After this year, they go back to a 20 win team for ten years. Who would want to be locked into that?

Thread Information