Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this cuckold organization and fans alike for continuing to defend and/or praise this clown, who's taken a bunch of (bizarre) shots and despite his denials continues to do so in cryptic fashion (the gutless fool doesn't even have the balls to be direct).

One time, it'd be nice if someone of stature, with some connection to this organization, showed a backbone and blasted these hood rats from here to kingdom come instead of continually allowing them to go unchecked.

Instead, we'll get the inevitable "tribute video" and fake hug/laugh from Pop when the Hawks play here, just like in the latest "The Ring of the Rowel", they have the audacity to show clips of Jackson being praised for the '03 run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the whole interview and it wasn’t as bad as the clips make it seem. Ultimately DJ, just like Stephen Jackson felt that should’ve been given bigger roles at a faster clip than what they received while on the Spurs.

Most athletes have a big ego and having that ego is one of the things that helped them succeed at a high level. I think DJ’s biggest gripes from the little he reveled in the interview is the team had a pecking order and steps you had to check off to move up. They didn’t just fast track people because they had some talent. Even his comments about Kawhi’s sound advice showed this.

I honestly do believe what him and Jackson stated about the “mind games” comment, but from a military veteran perspective it isn’t mind games the organization is doing. They are making you prove you’re reliable and go all the way through the steps needed to be promoted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Whatever. He's butthurt that the Spurs didn't think he was cornerstone material, and maximized their return for him when they could rather than prop him up as the face of the franchise. Anyone who watched him play those first couple of years knew how raw he was, and his injury certainly didn't help in his development. Him being bitter about any of that is just prima donna stuff...similar to SJax tbh. Jackson was never capable of being "the man" either. These guys can roll together.

Smart move by the Spurs. He's not cornerstone material. Investing in a guy who thinks he should be #1 when he's not capable would have been a mistake and held the Spurs back. I like DJM. He would have been a great #4 guy on a championship caliber team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Whatever. He's butthurt that the Spurs didn't think he was cornerstone material, and maximized their return for him when they could rather than prop him up as the face of the franchise. Anyone who watched him play those first couple of years knew how raw he was, and his injury certainly didn't help in his development. Him being bitter about any of that is just prima donna stuff...similar to SJax tbh. Jackson was never capable of being "the man" either. These guys can roll together.

Smart move by the Spurs. He's not cornerstone material. Investing in a guy who thinks he should be #1 when he's not capable would have been a mistake and held the Spurs back. I like DJM. He would have been a great #4 guy on a championship caliber team.
    Last year was his test. They moved DeMar out of his way. He was a playmaker/scorer and he has Keldon and Vassell to dish to, a decent enough defense, and we were just a play in team. That season told the Spurs everything they needed to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why it is a problem for people to express their own opinion haha. I said YEARS ago that once Murray leaves, you guys would be mad at him. Now look at you. This is the new NBA. As much as I love Duncan(my favorite player of all time)you're just not going to find another player like him to take ridiculous pay cuts, allow his stas to be cut, and be totally submissive to popovich and an organization. That won't ever happen again and it shouldn't. The players have more power now in the NBA and yes the product sucks. I just don't think Popovich and his military ways can connect with younger players and superstars. Everyone always have nice things to say about popovihch, but nobody wants to play for him. In Texas with no state tax. Yall can keep making threads about every player that leaves/requests trades/talks about the franchise from Simmons, to Kawhi, Aldridge, Murray, Jackson, Walker, but at the end of the day, it's more than likely a lot more individuals than that but are afraid to speak out because they want to be seen in a negative light talking about Lord Popovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why it is a problem for people to express their own opinion haha. I said YEARS ago that once Murray leaves, you guys would be mad at him. Now look at you. This is the new NBA. As much as I love Duncan(my favorite player of all time)you're just not going to find another player like him to take ridiculous pay cuts, allow his stas to be cut, and be totally submissive to popovich and an organization. That won't ever happen again and it shouldn't. The players have more power now in the NBA and yes the product sucks. I just don't think Popovich and his military ways can connect with younger players and superstars. Everyone always have nice things to say about popovihch, but nobody wants to play for him. In Texas with no state tax. Yall can keep making threads about every player that leaves/requests trades/talks about the franchise from Simmons, to Kawhi, Aldridge, Murray, Jackson, Walker, but at the end of the day, it's more than likely a lot more individuals than that but are afraid to speak out because they want to be seen in a negative light talking about Lord Popovich.
    Duncan didn’t take a pay cut until his 14th season. Tony and Manu were the ones mostly out earning their less than MAX salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone wants to hate, but I still love Pop

edit: sometime tweet embeds work, sometime they don't:
    https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1616586591614427136?s=20&t=aOfwfo1Syb7qAXiDGEs4VA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the whole interview and it wasn’t as bad as the clips make it seem. Ultimately DJ, just like Stephen Jackson felt that should’ve been given bigger roles at a faster clip than what they received while on the Spurs.

Most athletes have a big ego and having that ego is one of the things that helped them succeed at a high level. I think DJ’s biggest gripes from the little he reveled in the interview is the team had a pecking order and steps you had to check off to move up. They didn’t just fast track people because they had some talent. Even his comments about Kawhi’s sound advice showed this.

I honestly do believe what him and Jackson stated about the “mind games” comment, but from a military veteran perspective it isn’t mind games the organization is doing. They are making you prove you’re reliable and go all the way through the steps needed to be promoted.
    I actually think it's worse than your interpretation of it. I think Murray and Jackson were subtly implying that PATFO have a prejudice against guys that came from the hood and purposefully make it harder for those guys to move up the ranks just because of where they came from. I mean, that's quite the charge and it's reaching AF but people are eating this up as the truth. I lost all my respect for Murray for talking like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan didn’t take a pay cut until his 14th season. Tony and Manu were the ones mostly out earning their less than MAX salaries.
    I know that and made basically nothing his last season. Kobe was paid superstar money his last season and I was fine with it. I don't care how old and washed up a player is, no millionaire should be taking a pay cut for a BILLIONAIRE to get a piece of jewelry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think it's worse than your interpretation of it. I think Murray and Jackson were subtly implying that PATFO have a prejudice against guys that came from the hood and purposefully make it harder for those guys to move up the ranks just because of where they came from. I mean, that's quite the charge and it's reaching AF but people are eating this up as the truth. I lost all my respect for Murray for talking like that.
    Yeah he then cried that Parker should have stayed and mentored him as the starter. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit it is a little funny to hear SJax say San Antonio system does not produce stars and doesn't give players the opportunity to get stats and DJM agrees, but then DJM's last season with the Spurs, it was good enough for him to average almost a triple double.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    jax said on another pod that tony only cared about himself.

and that manu was totally different

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    TP living rent free in Jack's head

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    jax wasn't wrong. that's why you sleep with your teammate's wife while you're already married.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    and it's not rent free when you do basketball podcasts and get asked about time in the league / with the spurs.

he wasn't on the view and brought it up out of nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJAX was just mad he lost his spot to Danny Green, he didn’t like it or he would have stayed the following year and not get cut by the team right before the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson is a bridge burner, he even was on bad terms with the Warriors when they still had him. That was the best situation he had for himself post San Antonio and he shat all over that too. He can keep running his mouth. Fact is we won 3 more rings without him. Dude never made the all star team either so he really bought into his own hype.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    SJAX was just mad he lost his spot to Danny Green, he didn’t like it or he would have stayed the following year and not get cut by the team right before the playoffs.
    Dude never made the all star team either so he really bought into his own hype.
    he never had a bad thing to say about td or manu though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    jax gave props to claxton too for stepping up to the challenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it's funny because SJax will tell you of his respect for the game and playing the right way...and that he smoked pot before the games and played some games high. In one interview, he said he was high and missing a shot horribly. I mean, you smoke pot in your free time, that's your choice. But you go to a game high or drunk, that's not respecting the game or the fans that came to watch you play. But guys like that are walking contradictions. How would he feel about Devin Brown if Pop made Devin Brown say that SJax was better and he refused?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jax gave props to claxton too for stepping up to the challenge.
    Yes, but I've always thought that was a stupid knock on Parker for a few reasons: (1) Kidd couldn't guard Parker...Parker was killing him so bad they had to put Kerry Kittles on him; and (2) Parker is not good because he couldn't guard one of the best point guards in NBA history that was having an MVP caliber season when Parker was 21 and Kidd was in his prime? stupid; and (3) Parker averaged 14 points a game and scored 21 and 26 in games 2 and 3 in what was a low scoring, high defensive series. In fact, in the shot clock era, the only 5 other teams have had a lower PPG average in the NBA finals and won (the worst was 2004 Detroit at 87.1 and then 2nd was the '99 Spurs at 88.4, but if you want to call Spurs boring, the '97 and '98 Bulls were 3 and 4).

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to love Stax back in the day and appreciate 03, but man he grows tiresome. He met his match in Kwame Brown, which was hilarious.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    and it's not rent free when you do basketball podcasts and get asked about time in the league / with the spurs.

he wasn't on the view and brought it up out of nowhere.
    He's on his own podcast and uses every opportunity to bring it up doesnt matter if basketball is the subject, he goes out of his way to about the same thing. Parker must have ed his wife too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's on his own podcast and uses every opportunity to bring it up doesnt matter if basketball is the subject, he goes out of his way to about the same thing. Parker must have ed his wife too
    He has over 200 hours of podcasts and has only spoke about him 2-3 times. He obviously feels a certain typa way about Tony but it isn’t hard to imagine Parker was arrogant; probably, deservedly so.

Thread Information