Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our cornerstone ... not Keldon or Devin ... this guy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since pulling receipts is enjoyable…

SOCHAN WILL NEVER RUN POINT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since pulling receipts is enjoyable…

SOCHAN WILL NEVER RUN POINT
    Lol. My dude...
    Props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. My dude...
    Props.
    He has an incredible skill set best utilized as a big wing/point forward archetype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has an incredible skill set best utilized as a big wing/point forward archetype.
    Skinny Diaw, if he can continue to improve that shooting.
    I have all the confidcence in the world for him, after seeing his willingness and ability to improve his game selflessly.
    Pop is probably absolutely loving him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I despise Chris Paul, but there’s some elements to his conniving at ude that would probably fit well with Jeremy‘s mental approach to the game. But overall, Jeremy has been a delight this season and it’s great to see him getting publicity in the press for his improvement. It would be great if pop started limiting Jones minutes: it would actually be fairly classic, limit his minutes in a contract year to attenuate his contract ceiling, while letting Jeremy “run wild” as a point guard, because it seems like that’s our best version of our offense, with him freelancing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the plan is to play Sochan at PG going forward, wonder if that means if the spurs landed the #2 pick they would skip on Scoot Henderson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At thinking Sochan at PG is a viable option moving forward.

In the Wembanyama hypothetical, Sochan becomes the third big to start off with the long term plan of him going back to starting PF when (if?) the former eventually becomes more of a full time C.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the plan is to play Sochan at PG going forward, wonder if that means if the spurs landed the #2 pick they would skip on Scoot Henderson
    I'm not sure of Sochan's play, as good as it is, is enough to pass on Scoot, however if we did land at 2 I'd hope we'd explore what we could get for Scoot to move back if it wasn't to far.

For instance, if Orlando coveted Scoot and had the 4th and 7th picks (from the Chicago trade) I'd trade back for those picks if it's on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure of Sochan's play, as good as it is, is enough to pass on Scoot, however if we did land at 2 I'd hope we'd explore what we could get for Scoot to move back if it wasn't to far.

For instance, if Orlando coveted Scoot and had the 4th and 7th picks (from the Chicago trade) I'd trade back for those picks if it's on the table.
    I am; it's definitely not.

They'd be insane to even consider passing up a player who might have an All-NBA ceiling period, let alone because of a player who plays a different position who probably has an elite role player ceiling.

Even though Henderson is the type who wouldn't be long for the Spurs, I wouldn't trade back either, I'd slow play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course it's early, but he's outperforming his draft position and looks like a top 5 pick. I'm curious what he can do in one offseason with the speed that he's developing in
    at this rate he will be prime Kawhi by end of the season and goat by start of next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chip who?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They'd be insane to even consider passing up a player who might have an All-NBA ceiling period, let alone because of a player who plays a different position who probably has an elite role player ceiling.

Even though Henderson is the type who wouldn't be long for the Spurs, I wouldn't trade back either, I'd slow play it.
    If you (meaning the Spurs scouting team) have Scoot rated as a multi generational player whose much higher than the players behind him then, yes you absolutely take him.

My suggestion wasn't based on Sochan at all, it's based on where I see him compared to the others behind him. I've got a huge gap between 1 and 2 but, the gap between 2 and 6 is much smaller in my estimation. I've got Scoot #2 overall but I don't have him so valued that I'd rather have him over Amen+Whitmore or Smith +Whitmore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah Scoot is a more explosive PG ala Ja. I’d play both of them and use Sochan at Point Forward, Vassell, Keldon and Collins to complete the roster, supposing they trade Poeltl for 2 FRP’s and get another athletic 6’7ish SF to replace JRich/McD. But I wouldn’t pass up a potential All-NBA talent like Scoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Scoot, they should include Tre in any trade package they’re looking at now and all the way til draft night. It would probably make other teams’ offers more enticing since Tre might have good value right now.

Between Scoot, Whitmore, and George, the Spurs have an opportunity to add a potent #1 go-to scorer that they haven’t had since DeMar left. Exciting times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Scoot, they should include Tre in any trade package they’re looking at now and all the way til draft night. It would probably make other teams’ offers more enticing since Tre might have good value right now.

Between Scoot, Whitmore, and George, the Spurs have an opportunity to add a potent #1 go-to scorer that they haven’t had since DeMar left. Exciting times.
    You are the same person who called me out last year when I said Tre had trade value into the 2022 trade deadline. Also, your order of operation is wrong. I thought you were a quant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be a firable offense, tbh.

You don't worry about fits, simply take the BPA at #2. Especially since there's a decent fall off after Scoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah Scoot is a more explosive PG ala Ja. I’d play both of them and use Sochan at Point Forward, Vassell, Keldon and Collins to complete the roster, supposing they trade Poeltl for 2 FRP’s and get another athletic 6’7ish SF to replace JRich/McD. But I wouldn’t pass up a potential All-NBA talent like Scoot.
    It wasn't 'either-or' between Scoot and Sochan. I was comparing Scoot's value to two combined players in the top 6 or 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to say, I don't like Chris Paul, but seeing him talking with Sochan after the game is pretty cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah that would be like passing on Steve Nash because you have Boris Diaw. the two played together and had a good run before they got Horry'ed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's that guy on the background? He wanted to be on the picture or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the same person who called me out last year when I said Tre had trade value into the 2022 trade deadline. Also, your order of operation is wrong. I thought you were a quant?
    You know what’s sad? We could have an interesting conversation about this (or about anything) but because you are the way you are and the choices you make to constantly be antagonistic about everything that there’s really no hope left. So there’s no use in explaining myself and you can continue on with your endless cycle of unproductive -talking with me and the couple of other people you’ve latched onto. That’s obviously a pleasurable experience for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what’s sad? We could have an interesting conversation about this (or about anything) but because you are the way you are and the choices you make to constantly be antagonistic about everything that there’s really no hope left. So there’s no use in explaining myself and you can continue on with your endless cycle of unproductive -talking with me and the couple of other people you’ve latched onto. That’s obviously a pleasurable experience for you.
    You basically explained why I put the guy on ignore. Hopeless.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At thinking Sochan at PG is a viable option moving forward.

In the Wembanyama hypothetical, Sochan becomes the third big to start off with the long term plan of him going back to starting PF when (if?) the former eventually becomes more of a full time C.
    I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever seen you use the laughing emoji and agreed with you, (insert laughing emoji), but sure, having Jeremy as full-time point guard has challenges, but it’s called development, and besides, the whole team has questions for who can successfully play point. Jones is competent and minimizes mistakes but is not dynamic like Jeremy when he gets on a role. I don’t see what is so definitive about anything. Would I give Jeremy more time practicing the point? Yes, what is the argument not to?

Thread Information