Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Feels like opposing pitchers have every intention of exacting the punishment that Manfred was too big a pussy to deliver. Altuve’s career ending with a fastball to the dome would be appropriate tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Btw, read up on the CBA and why Manfred couldn’t punish the players.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The self implosion on this team holy . This team will be back into irrelevancy in no time at this pace.
    Not on Jim Crane’s Watch

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not on Jim Crane’s Watch
    Did you see the he was saying at the "apology" press conference? The guy is clearly a Jerruh/Dolan type. Now that they can't cheat anymore, they won't be relevant for much longer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Btw, read up on the CBA and why Manfred couldn’t punish the players.
    The least Manfred could do is take that so-called "piece of metal" away from the Astros since they didn't win it legitimately. Especially since players around the league have called bull on the idea that they stopped cheating after that season.

The one good thing Manfred has done is vocally support baseball returning to Montreal (unlike that asshole Selig, who helped run the Expos out of town). On literally every other issue, including this Astros scandal, he makes Gary Bettman look competent by comparison.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Did you see the he was saying at the "apology" press conference? The guy is clearly a Jerruh/Dolan type. Now that they can't cheat anymore, they won't be relevant for much longer.
    No he’s neither one because he actually puts a winning product on the field

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The least Manfred could do is take that so-called "piece of metal" away from the Astros since they didn't win it legitimately. Especially since players around the league have called bull on the idea that they stopped cheating after that season.

The one good thing Manfred has done is vocally support baseball returning to Montreal (unlike that asshole Selig, who helped run the Expos out of town). On literally every other issue, including this Astros scandal, he makes Gary Bettman look competent by comparison.
    never would have happened. Then you would have to go back to every championship and possibly confiscate it for someone who was cheating

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And Mono wants to talk about Manfred being soft. Yet Goodell ing destroys the videotapes the 1st out of three times they have been caught cheating. Nobody was going to confiscate

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And Mono wants to talk about Manfred being soft. Yet Goodell ing destroys the videotapes the 1st out of three times they have been caught cheating. Nobody was going to confiscate
    Is your defense really “Manfred maybe did slightly better than the worst commissioner in American sports history”?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Is your defense really “Manfred maybe did slightly better than the worst commissioner in American sports history”?
    Manfred confiscates it, then you have everyone snitching on each and every team that won. It would have been a nightmare. Like John Smoltz said three or four days ago, there are more teams who do this. It also would have been a war with MLBPA

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Eric Gagne wrote that book that 80% of his Dodger teammates were on roids. They get accused two different times by two teams of electronic sign stealing. That 2000 Yankee squad was juiced to high . After a while nobody cares anymore.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your team got caught. End of story.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And I don’t give a . What are you gonna do about it? Halfway support the Rangers when they inevitably fade into irrelevance again by the all star break?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No he’s neither one because he actually puts a winning product on the field
    Correction: he puts a cheating product on the field.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

yep

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Correction: he puts a cheating product on the field.
    So do the Yankees, Red Sox, and every other team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sign stealing thing is way overblown. All teams have done some form of this over the years to try to get a compe ive advantage. Bottom line: You still have to hit the ball! It's unfortunate that players are resorting to threats over it and every player who ever got torched by the Astros is coming out of the woodwork crying foul. They could have changed their signs. What MLB should do from here forward is outlaw it and officially state that teams caught doing this will forfeit all games that season and players involved will be suspended 50 games.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The sign stealing thing is way overblown. All teams have done some form of this over the years to try to get a compe ive advantage. Bottom line: You still have to hit the ball! It's unfortunate that players are resorting to threats over it and every player who ever got torched by the Astros is coming out of the woodwork crying foul. They could have changed their signs. What MLB should do from here forward is outlaw it and officially state that teams caught doing this will forfeit all games that season and players involved will be suspended 50 games.
    Camera use is the difference maker

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's not overblown, the rules are pletty clear. Stealing signs using your own wits is okay. Using technology to systematically steal signs, like the Astros did, is blatant cheating. Anyone in the big leagues would look good if they knew exactly which pitch was coming all the time.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    And I don’t give a . What are you gonna do about it? Halfway support the Rangers when they inevitably fade into irrelevance again by the all star break?
    tbh if you dont care then idk why are you defending it so strongly

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't Jim Crane, the owner banned for life?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    These are professionals, if they know what pitch is coming, it might as well be sitting on a tee. This is the equivalent of a poker player seeing his opponents cards, maybe bad luck causes him to lose a hand here or there, but there’s no virtually no way he loses overall.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

what’s that Joe?

Thread Information