Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Manu for scoring 14 pts and handing out 6 assists in 18 minutes of play. Props also to Pop for benching Manu in crunch time and saving him from himself. Manu also had 4 turnovers. I'll take that. Not sure why Patty wasn't in the game late though. Clippers had to foul and Patty was on the bench. That was a head scratcher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to your avatar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credit to pop for calling the zone D and saving the game at the end of the first qrt against their bench.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to your avatar
    Indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Diaw for those big buckets in the final minutes. He should start Game 6 over Splitter, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure whether to be pissed at some of Pop's decisions or marvel at what a great coach he is. He didn't give a about taking heat for hack-a-Jordan. He managed to get 2 W's on the road against a very good team. Tony, Tiago and Manu look as though they are sloshing through end of days and the Spurs manage to win. Unreal. By any means necessary I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure whether to be pissed at some of Pop's decisions or marvel at what a great coach he is. He didn't give a about taking heat for hack-a-Jordan. He managed to get 2 W's on the road against a very good team. Tony, Tiago and Manu look as though they are sloshing through end of days and the Spurs manage to win. Unreal. By any means necessary I guess.
    Hack is stupid. It's helps the already drained Paul and Griffin rest to much. You could see after they took out Jordan in the third, how they just turned manus turnovers into quick easy buckets.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I see that one handed sling pass with a defender right on top of him again, I'm gonna lose it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hack is stupid. It's helps the already drained Paul and Griffin rest to much. You could see after they took out Jordan in the third, how they just turned manus turnovers into quick easy buckets.
    The Hacks were pissing me off and I'm obviously a Spurs fan. It slowed the game down and when things got back to normal, the Clipps all over the Spurs with easy baskets. But at the end of the day we got the win and dude has 5 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Diaw for those big buckets in the final minutes. He should start Game 6 over Splitter, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys just don't get it, Pop plays mind games. This isn't about getting physically tired, it is about frustration, anxiety, and mental endurance. This proffesional athletes get tired in the head, thats why they make mistakes... only the real champs can overcome this kind of pressure. And Pop knows very well all of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys just don't get it, Pop plays mind games. This isn't about getting physically tired, it is about frustration, anxiety, and mental endurance. This proffesional athletes get tired in the head, thats why they make mistakes... only the real champs can overcome this kind of pressure. And Pop knows very well all of this.
    yes we do get it. It's still stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually it does have its place. I was ok with late in the first half. It felt like pop was just trying to get to the half even.

It's was dumb in the third.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what 14 pts, 6 assts, 3 rbds and 1 block in 18 minutes screams. How do you people watch games, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what 14 pts, 6 assts, 3 rbds and 1 block in 18 minutes screams. How do you people watch games, tbh?
    Well, we watch ALL the games, so conveniently choosing one of Manu's good games to argue my point doesn't work. Who the are you trying to kid? You forgot to post his 4 turnover number too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true that Manu looks old at times, and those two turnovers in a row were a dark spot in an otherwise extremely solid night for him. But I also think Pop would take nights like this from Manu every game if he could. I mean, that was what, a 5 point swing? We left 11pts on missed freethrows out there tonight (on a night where Gino mysteriously went 6-6 from the charity stripe).

Now Gino is at the tail end of his career. I hope neither Tony or Tiago are. Then we're definitely in deep .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we watch ALL the games, so conveniently choosing one of Manu's good games to argue my point doesn't work. Who the are you trying to kid? You forgot to post his 4 turnover number too.
    Yeah, he had two awful TO's at the end of the 3rd that gave the Clippers some momentum. He also had a great first half that helped the Spurs (alongside Mills) not get blown the out. With Patty and Manu there to end the game we wouldn't have needed Jordan to up what was going to be a Griffin basket to win the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also agree with OP that Pop did the right thing by sitting Manu out at the end. We had a relatively solid lead and we needed the defense. We did get the stops and the W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also agree with OP that Pop did the right thing by sitting Manu out at the end. We had a relatively solid lead and we needed the defense. We did get the stops and the W.
    The you're talking about? We were a mind blowing DeMonkey mistake away from ing up a crucial game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think folks fully understand how lucky we got with that stupid play by Jordan. That was the game and probably the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think folks fully understand how lucky we got with that stupid play by Jordan. That was the game and probably the series.
    It's never one play. It was the missed Danny 3, our failure to rebound the Blake misses, the Jordan up, their failure to rebound Danny's miss.

Manu gave us a lot that night, but I thought he was gassed at the end. Old and gassed doesn't normally works well.

On the other hand, I would've preferred Patty out there. Or even Marco, to get a clean jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here, DAF... get the Manu > Jordan thread going downstairs...

Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
    MANU GINOBILI now has more playoff wins than MICHAEL JORDAN. Ginobili passed Jordan for 11th in NBA history with his 120th win tonight.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Manu for scoring 14 pts and handing out 6 assists in 18 minutes of play.
    It wasn't as sexy as some of his other, more iconic performances, but Mr. Game 5 showed up for those 18 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's never one play. It was the missed Danny 3, our failure to rebound the Blake misses, the Jordan up, their failure to rebound Danny's miss.

Manu gave us a lot that night, but I thought he was gassed at the end. Old and gassed doesn't normally works well.

On the other hand, I would've preferred Patty out there. Or even Marco, to get a clean jumper.
    Manu wouldn't have been gassed coming back with 6 or 5 minutes remaing after having 4 or 3 minutes of rest. Patty deserved to close out the game tonight the way he (and specially Parker) was shooting the ball and with Patty out there you need to have Manu in for ball handling measures. Patty and Manu >>>> Tony and Green tonight. I have no doubt in my mind we would have closed the game a lot more comfortably with the Patty-Manu duo. We would have actually closed it, tbh. Instead of depending on a historic last possesion mistake to pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before things get twisted here, I thought Manu, despite the turnovers was solid tonight. That's why I started the thread. Like ElNono said, I'll take those numbers anytime at this stage of his career.

I'd like to see Joseph get some more minutes too. He had a tough game 1 but he's a good defensive player and can harass Paul and stick with Red .

Thread Information