Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran as one in 2012 and still got over 300+ EC votes.
    The reality of yesterday isn't a refutation of today. 2012 isn't 2016 or 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think a lot of his big policy ideas were even that popular with democrats. For example, Medicare for all was a disaster with unionized workers who have fought like for strong private insurance.
    I don't think polling bears that out: Bernie's policies were more popular than he was. For better and for worse, people vote for candidates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they wonder why their asses aren't kissed.
    I'm just saying, why go out of your way to step on their s?

Refraining from insult =/= kissing ass.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If my anonymous insult keeps them from voting against Trump they deserved to get ed even more.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMX7: it's fair to point out Obama's rhetoric was more progressive than he and his policies, but to concede that is basically to grant that Obama was a deceptive campaigner.
    Obama had to be a centrist.

A black man starts talking about really doing something about wealth disparities and reparations for sons and daughters of slaves... No way.
    And as far as foreign policy. He started out making the same mistake everyone else did with Putin. Thinking you can work with him without shoving the out of him. Trump still has not figured this one out, especially for the election meddling which Trump is now boxed in on. The ME... a mess already. Obama stayed fairly status quo. Except he did blatantly use drones for executions. With no debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If my anonymous insult keeps them from voting against Trump they deserved to get ed even more.
    If we were talking about a solitary insult, sure. But we're talking about a prominent vein of political commentary in the twittersphere and elsewhere. It's not just you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we were talking about a solitary insult, sure. But we're talking about a prominent vein of political commentary in the twittersphere and elsewhere. It's not just you.
    OH TWITTER

If they truly are snowflakes as they've been portrayed, then yes-- they deserved to be ed for the rest of their lives. I think they're better than that but if you don't, that's cool.

You can put that commentary on twitter if you like.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because he does not want Trump in either.
    And if people who could make a difference, do not...
    We got a guy who is a blatant narcissistic liar who is probably using the office to make future money for him and his kiddies.
    And he legitimately asked a foreign power to interfere in our elections and went to extraordinary measures to make sure he was not prosecuted.
    The precedents are ridiculous. Add to that Trump can totally screw with the SC.

So I get Chump. Younger people I am friends with often just dont have time, they dont make it a priority to make time.
    Because they definitely dont like Trump. (some actually do, but they will vote for whomever is president if the have sufficient stock gains; they are cynical and think everyone in politics lies pathologically)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality of yesterday isn't a refutation of today. 2012 isn't 2016 or 2020.
    Tell us more about this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH TWITTER

If they truly are snowflakes as they've been portrayed, then yes-- they deserved to be ed for the rest of their lives. I think they're better than that but if you don't, that's cool.
    IT'S A RAT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us more about this.
    It's called rhetorical an hesis, but I don't agree that it makes his point.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They get ed either way, tbh... just a matter if they even care picking whose flaccid they're getting.
    This. Aside from the twitter rants, a Biden presidency isn’t going to be all that different from Trump.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is gonna wipe the ing floor with orange 's face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Aside from the twitter rants, a Biden presidency isn’t going to be all that different from Trump.
    That's an insane assertion.

Give a few examples on how they'll be essentially the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must have post traumatic stress disorder from Bernie's loss, you snowflake.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing young people don't ing vote.

Obama got like 70 and 65 mil plus voters and the repugs have got the same voters from 2008 2012 and 2016.

Biden already has the votes. Posters thinking he needs to appease the "young voters". ing pansies.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden sees opening over Trump with older voters

Joe BidenJOE BIDENOvernight Energy: Trump says US will cut oil production to secure global deal | Green groups press Biden on climate plans after Sanders exit | EPA looks to suspend hazardous waste cleanups during outbreakTrump campaign, RNC reach 17 million voters with digital effortsKyle Kulinski: What went wrong for the Sanders campaignMORE’s campaign sees a big opening with a key demographic in the general election: senior citizens.
    In 2016, President Trump beat Hillary Clinton by 7 points with voters older than 65-years-old, according to exit polls. But this year, Biden advisers have watched Trump’s support from these voters erode in states like Florida with large senior populations.
    A new CNN poll leaves the Biden campaign salivating. It shows the former vice president leading Trump nationally by 13 points with voters older than 65. It follows another YouGov poll that showed Biden tied with Trump at 49 percent.
    “I think seniors are now going to be a problem for him,” one Biden aide predicted, referring to Trump. “Regardless of which poll you believe, he is doing much better with seniors than [Clinton] which is a big deal and a big part of a winning coalition.”
    Even Republicans acknowledge the novel coronavirus pandemic afflicting the nation poses a unique threat to Trump with seniors. Older people are particularly vulnerable to the COVID-19 disease.
    Trump and his campaign are hoping that he can convince older Americans and voters in general that his administration has responded strongly to the pandemic. But Democrats cast Trump’s response as too late, and think voters will punish him in the fall.
    Some GOP strategists say Trump hurt himself by floating the idea that the economy could reopen on Easter Sunday, a position he later backtracked from. They said this gave points to critics who say Trump has underestimated the threat.
    “We haven’t done ourselves any favors,” one Republican strategist said.
    Republican strategist Shermichael Singleton put it this way: “The more unsteadiness Trump shows coupled with his disregard from norms and ins utions, the more I believe he pushes this group into Biden’s corner.”
    Another issue Biden’s campaign is ready to pounce upon is talk earlier this year from Trump that suggested he could be open to reducing en lement spending.
    During a Fox News town hall last month, Trump said he had plans to propose cuts to government programs including Medicare.
    “Oh we’ll be cutting,” he said. “We’re also going to have growth like you’ve never seen before.”
    White House officials spent the following days walking back Trump’s comments. “Fake news,” Trump’s former press secretary Stephanie Grisham wrote on Twitter. “POTUS was talking about cutting deficits NOT en lements.”
    Democratic strategist Eddie Vale added that Trump has “exacerbated” matters for himself with such comments.
    “That is going to hurt him,” he said.
    Another warning for Trump, he added was Biden’s performance with older voters in the Democratic primary.
    Last month in Florida, Biden won the primary overwhelmingly and enjoyed a huge advantage with seniors over Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). A National Election Pool pre-election survey showed that 70 percent of voters older than 65 supported him.
    Earlier in the campaign, on Super Tuesday, Biden also swept voters in that age group. Exit polls showed Biden picking up 48 percent of seniors, far surpassing Sanders and former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg.
    “Biden has performed exceptionally well with older voters in the Democratic primary and I expect that trend would continue with older independent voters and older moderate Republican voters,” Singleton said. “They’re the most reliable voting bloc and data suggests they have an affinity for Biden and normalcy.
    There’s also the personality figure.
    Biden, 77 and a senior himself, is popular with older Americans because they just like him, say some opponents.
    Sanders sought to cut into Biden’s popularity with seniors by highlighting statements he made on reducing budget deficits that would have considered reforms to Social Security and other programs. The attacks did little to cut into the Biden advantage.
    Asked by CBS News why he was trailing Biden with older voters, Sanders replied: “Look, you know why? I’ll tell you why. Because Joe is a nice guy. Okay. He’s a decent person. … People like him.”
    Republicans say Trump can beat Biden by appealing to older voters, particularly on economic issues.
    Republican strategist Matt Mackowiak said much of Biden’s success will be dependent on how the pandemic shakes out in the coming months.
    “If the U.S. gets through the pandemic and the economy begins to recover in [the third quarter,] Trump will gain among all groups, but specifically among seniors,” Mackowiak predicted.
    But the Republican strategist said things will have to change quickly for Trump to capitalize.
    “If the election happened today, I’d be biting my nails,” the strategist said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...h-older-voters

Bernie Sanders endorses Biden.

What are the 13 year old Burn fans gonna think now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found AaronY laptop!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called rhetorical an hesis.
    How so?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's an insane assertion.

Give a few examples on how they'll be essentially the same.
    -Inept Congress that gets nothing accomplished aside from blowhard posturing.
    -A lower and middle class that still get ed over by corporations and Wall Street, zero action taken by either side.
    -Warmongers still making sure “muh defense spending” is a priority over all else.
    -Same ty healthcare system with no real changes.
    -Rambling, senile old at the top.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You must have post traumatic stress disorder from Bernie's loss, you snowflake.
    Immediately jumping in to semenshield Gropey McSenile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immediately jumping in to semenshield Gropey McSenile
    Muh revolution

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Muh revolution
    Find one post where I show support for Bernie Sanders. Chop chop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Inept Congress that gets nothing accomplished aside from blowhard posturing.
    -A lower and middle class that still get ed over by corporations and Wall Street, zero action taken by either side.
    -Warmongers still making sure “muh defense spending” is a priority over all else.
    -Same ty healthcare system with no real changes.
    -Rambling, senile old at the top.
    That's sort of out of one's control. Trump has the Republican party by the balls and he still cant get much done.

But in terms of the courts and appointments, I expect Biden to put progressives on the courts or at the very least people who dont want to completely us over and set us back decades like Trump has done with Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

The fact he said he'd put a woman on there is a relief. They're less likely to come down on the wrong side of any particular divisive issue. For the people who dont like this guy like you for example, this is one reason to vote for him.

The courts matter. Ginsburg is definitely not making it past this year. Chances are she'll be forced to retired due to old age if Trump is re-elected. Then we're really ed at 6-3.

Thread Information