Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to see if Samanic gets some run now.
    This is the 2nd thing I thought when I seen the information. But the more I think on it they are most likely going to bring Eubanks up instead, which is a waste in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow this will end up with Marco getting 30 mins a game and the Spurs getting a worse draft pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow this will end up with Marco getting 30 mins a game and the Spurs getting a worse draft pick
    Marco would have to take the team to the playoffs for that to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's that fools Spurs Playoff record without Kwa?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spurs should sign Boogie while they can. They can help him rehabilitate, keep DDR and trade LMA/Jacob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok I sense this is going to be a glorified training camp now for Spurs. Opportunity to run a few experiments for next season. Just missing a few newbies who’ll arrive a bit later in the years.

I can probably miss the early rounds now and just tune in for the LeBron-Kawa West Finals.
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for alot of this so I wanted to know if you can clarify draft positioning for me. If I understand correctly, we cannot get any better than 11th slot in draft positioning even if we lose all 8 games, right? Thanks in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, am glad and I hope Pop stays in San Antonio because I don't want to see either of them risk their health we weren't going to make the playoffs anyways; we had to go 7-1 to have a good chance.

Jakob should be healthy right now and let him and the other youngsters develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for alot of this so I wanted to know if you can clarify draft positioning for me. If I understand correctly, we cannot get any better than 11th slot in draft positioning even if we lose all 8 games, right? Thanks in advance.
    Our draft pick will improve if Suns make the playoffs (not happening) and will get worse if we make it (not happening either), in all other cases our draft remains the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our draft pick will improve if Suns make the playoffs (not happening) and will get worse if we make it (not happening either), in all other cases our draft remains the same.
    Thanks, bro. It'll be interesting to see what happens, regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Fans" who don't want their team to go in the PO...
    Lol Pop surely didn't care as much pre-COVID 19 and the George Floyd incident. You think he gives a about the season now? Get off your high horse, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can’t improve our draft position unless PHO or WSH make the playoffs. We can’t worsen our pick unless we make the playoffs. We’re almost certain to go into the lottery at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have zero idea what SA was thinking moving the guarantee date on his contract. This surgery may end up being nothing but THIS EXACT scenario was discussed as to why you shouldn’t do that.

Maybe it doesn’t matter and no matter what Sa wanted him next season? But still. How foolish to do something like that for absolutely no logical reason that I can see.

Hopefully he recovers well but man the hits keep on coming.

If SA was deciding to rebuild I wonder what this does to his trade value? Certainly doesn’t help.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have zero idea what SA was thinking moving the guarantee date on his contract. This surgery may end up being nothing but THIS EXACT scenario was discussed as to why you shouldn’t do that.

Maybe it doesn’t matter and no matter what Sa wanted him next season? But still. How foolish to do something like that for absolutely no logical reason that I can see.

If SA was deciding to rebuild I wonder what this does to his trade value? Certainly doesn’t help.
    Guaranteeing the full salary allows the Spurs to take back salary in a trade based on the full $24M rather than the previous partial guarantee of $7M.

However, this surgery makes it less likely another team would even want him. Was that your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guaranteeing the full salary allows the Spurs to take back salary in a trade based on the full $24M rather than the previous partial guarantee of $7M.

However, this surgery makes it less likely another team would even want him. Was that your point?
    The point was they could have guaranteed his salary at any time up until the specified date in his contract. There was NO benefit in doing so early.

Was there any harm in doing so early? That remains to be seen, but there is no argument that there was a benefit under any cir stance thus opening themselves up to unnecessary risk. So yes, with this injury, it definitely does in no way, shape or form bolster his trade value. It can only hurt it. Will it hurt it? Not sure, but it can only hurt it, not help it. No upside. No benefit.

So whether they did it months ago (like they did) or right now (which they could have) that logic of wanting his salary for trade is there (and FYI, if they did not guarantee his deal, his 7M is irrelevant for trade as he would not be under contract but simply owed 7M as a free agent from SA).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not 50 Mil Patty territory but it's the same idea. Along with no one else bidding (seems). Did they even try to trade him.

Indeed the hits keep on coming.

I just try to dwell on the good times when we had Duncan and then Kwa before Zaza changed the Spurs course forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is going to give it everything he's got to make the playoffs and win. That means they most likely will not win another game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise can't catch a break. Since they're more than likely locked into 11 going into the lottery either way, there would have been no harm in the highly unlikely scenario that they actually earned their way into the playoffs (only to be summarily dismissed by the Lakers, but still). Now, they don't even get that faint opportunity.

I'm not sure this'll necessarily negatively impact his trade value, but it doesn't help. Either way, there's probably a better chance than not he's played his last game as a Spur.

In the meantime, they'll probably convert Eubanks to a standard contract and play backup C by committee with Lyles, Gay and him. This would be the logical time to take a look at Metu, but don't count on it. Samanic can't credibly play the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would play DeRozan at PF

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better that LMA is not playing instead of the Spurs other star player DDR. If LMA was healthy than the young Gaurds/Wings will always dump the ball to him are pick and pop with him being the center of attention. Now with LMA out, our young guards get more opportunities albeit DDR will be the center of attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is going to give it everything he's got to make the playoffs and win. That means they most likely will not win another game.
    except benching Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the payout if I put $20 on Marco for finals MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, he should've waited until all the other out of shape players spoke up about not wanting to play. Classic Aldridge move supported by his simp team. Ah well, losers gonna lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the payout if I put $20 on Marco for finals MVP
    The world would have to unite behind your leadership

Thread Information