Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s fine - I still think he should be moved now. Any increase in value by waiting is likely offset by risk of his value going down in the system + injury. Get a first now and be happy.
    A Thad trade will be more likely after October 3rd ( it was it 5th? ) when he could be paired with another player. The biggest issue is that most contenders can't trade a 1st at all. Phoenix is obviously an option - they can trade their 2024 first , or 2025 - depending on when they convey their pick to OKC. Philly would be an option with their 2022 pick but only after a Simmons trade imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Thad trade will be more likely after October 3rd ( it was it 5th? ) when he could be paired with another player. The biggest issue is that most contenders can't trade a 1st at all. Phoenix is obviously an option - they can trade their 2024 first , or 2025 - depending on when they convey their pick to OKC. Philly would be an option with their 2022 pick but only after a Simmons trade imo.
    As long as it’s before the season I’m good. October 5th fits that timeline. But Thad can be traded with other players - that has been verified since he was brought in using cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought POR would be that team. It seemed obvious but they ended up going with Nance for their first which can’t argue too much with.

I’m fine not getting a first if they get a legit young prospect though. One that fits the timeline. But if not definitely should get a first.

I wonder if Boston could be a partner? Something like Al Horford + 1st + 2nd for Thad + Jakob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some confirmation of teams being interested in Thad:

The Suns are among the contenders who have pursued Spurs forward Thaddeus Young, sources said. San Antonio acquired Young in a sign-and-trade — along with a first-round pick and two second-round picks — and now are expected to receive strong interest in the veteran forward from compe ive teams. Young averaged 12.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists while playing in 68 games (23 starts) and shooting 55.9 percent from the field a season ago.

Thanks for sharing, but this turns into they are interested when he negotiates a buyout or is waived.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing, but this turns into they are interested when he negotiates a buyout or is waived.
    Waived seems not ideal. We should just then play him until someone is willing to give a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad can already be paired with another player. That restriction didn't kick in because SA was under the cap when they acquired him. The same is true for Animu and Hutch. The Spurs aren't waiting for any deadline to send him off. They probably just don't want to move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s fine - I still think he should be moved now. Any increase in value by waiting is likely offset by risk of his value going down in the system + injury. Get a first now and be happy.
    I think Ex more means that the Spurs can't get a first now but might be able to get one in February. It's not like a team would give up one first now by two at the deadline. Most likely the offerings are seconds and failed prospects now. The Spurs should absolutely risk "losing him for nothing" or his value tanking. They clearly won by doing that with DeRozan, and even though they bought Aldridge out, the size of the buyout suggests the Spurs likely passed up on a trade in order to save money. LMA made it worth the ownership's while to get full freedom. Otherwise, he'd've probably been dealt to a middling compe or for minor assets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as it’s before the season I’m good. October 5th fits that timeline. But Thad can be traded with other players - that has been verified since he was brought in using cap space.
    Thad can already be paired with another player. That restriction didn't kick in because SA was under the cap when they acquired him. The same is true for Animu and Hutch. The Spurs aren't waiting for any deadline to send him off. They probably just don't want to move him.
    Great point. Not used to the Spurs operating under the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this was posted.

"Some Pacers trade stuff - I’m told the following picks were exchanged in the Doug McDermott trade: Pacers get: 2023 Spurs 2nd, top-55 protected. Spurs get: 2023 Pacers 2nd, top-55 protected, plus right to swap 2026 2nds (get best of their 2RP and (worse of Pacers/Heat 2RP))."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting...so the Spurs wanted Lauri but the Bulls refused. I guess it ended up working out for them in the end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any indications from team sources that they want to get rid of Young before seeing what he brings on the court? Or is this just speculation from wanna be GMs on this thread who want to get rid of him before he sees the court in a Spurs uniform.????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any indications from team sources that they want to get rid of Young before seeing what he brings on the court? Or is this just speculation from wanna be GMs on this thread who want to get rid of him before he sees the court in a Spurs uniform.????
    No, of course not. But, the fact that the Spurs social media pages only posted a "welcome to SA Thad/Aminu!" thing like 3 weeks ago and that was it, makes me think they are not fully committed to keep him yet. Otherwise they'd have probably posted a highlight video of him and showed him with Wright holding up his jersey like the other confirmed new additions.

Thad/Aminu/Hutchinson are the only players who havent really gotten anything besides the initial welcome post when the trades were made and that was it. probably nothing, but like i said, the Spurs social media pages usually post a little more about the guys which makes me think they're being shopped

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Boston could be a partner? Something like Al Horford + 1st + 2nd for Thad + Jakob
    They probably are, but with their $17.142, 857M trade exception from the Fournier to Knicks sign and trade + lottery or top 20 protected 1st.

It probably comes down to them, the Timberwolves and Suns and hopefully it gets done before the season mostly for reasons you stated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waived seems not ideal. We should just then play him until someone is willing to give a pick.
    I agree. I just don’t believe this reported interest means much if a pick isn’t attached and it will end up in nothing. Hopefully not. I am getting too used to seeing teams agree to buyouts with veterans that want to ring chase. Hopefully this isn’t the case but I am skeptical.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 08-31-2021 at 07:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting...so the Spurs wanted Lauri but the Bulls refused. I guess it ended up working out for them in the end
    I am guessing Spurs wanted Markkanen plus a pick for Derozan. Chicago in this scenario was right to refuse because they could turn (and did) Lauri’s right into a first round pick separately. That makes sense that he wasn’t included instead of the rumor that leaked b4 that he wanted too much. Considering how the Spurs have scrambled for a shooting big, I do think they wanted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably are, but with their $17.142, 857M trade exception from the Fournier to Knicks sign and trade + lottery or top 20 protected 1st.

It probably comes down to them, the Timberwolves and Suns and hopefully it gets done before the season mostly for reasons you stated.
    Ya after I posted I found out / remembered they had that Te. That’s perfect. No players back and a first is outstanding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ex more means that the Spurs can't get a first now but might be able to get one in February. It's not like a team would give up one first now by two at the deadline. Most likely the offerings are seconds and failed prospects now. The Spurs should absolutely risk "losing him for nothing" or his value tanking. They clearly won by doing that with DeRozan, and even though they bought Aldridge out, the size of the buyout suggests the Spurs likely passed up on a trade in order to save money. LMA made it worth the ownership's while to get full freedom. Otherwise, he'd've probably been dealt to a middling compe or for minor assets
    Maybe - I’m not so sure though. I’m guessing he has value now but Sa may be evaluating many things. We will see. I can absolutely see them wanting to trade him but of course have to lend credence to them maybe not wanting to.

We just saw a “contender” give a 1st for Nance vs waiting until the deadline. And there’s only so many good players at that position available so I have to believe Thad has that value as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nance is a good player. He'd be an easy starter on the Spurs and one of their best players. To top it off, he's signed for cheap next year. He has comfortably more value than Young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it before Laurie was supposed to be a spur....... oh well!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nance is a good player. He'd be an easy starter on the Spurs and one of their best players. To top it off, he's signed for cheap next year. He has comfortably more value than Young.
    Thad is a solid piece for a contender; ultimate glue guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe - I’m not so sure though. I’m guessing he has value now but Sa may be evaluating many things. We will see. I can absolutely see them wanting to trade him but of course have to lend credence to them maybe not wanting to.

We just saw a “contender” give a 1st for Nance vs waiting until the deadline. And there’s only so many good players at that position available so I have to believe Thad has that value as well.
    He might, but for a discreet few teams with needs for him. Of the ones mentioned above PHX and BOS fit the bill, though, I’m really underwhelmed by the PHX Saric/Smith idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad is a solid piece for a contender; ultimate glue guy.
    That's true. Nance still has more value. I don't think Spurs fans know how good he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this was posted.

"Some Pacers trade stuff - I’m told the following picks were exchanged in the Doug McDermott trade: Pacers get: 2023 Spurs 2nd, top-55 protected. Spurs get: 2023 Pacers 2nd, top-55 protected, plus right to swap 2026 2nds (get best of their 2RP and (worse of Pacers/Heat 2RP))."
    lol, they swapped 2023 2nd rd top 55 protected to each other??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, they swapped 2023 2nd rd top 55 protected to each other??
    Yep so spurs could come out worse in this trade then just signing him. If out pick would be 55 or lower and we have a worse record then pacers or heat in 2026.

Thread Information