Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1952
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not crying.
    I am saying you and derp have absolutely no credibility rating what a MAN, is.
    People have claimed they met you and beat your ass? or claim to have met you to beat your ass but did not actually beat your ass?

Who would these males be?
    People claim a lot here on ST but the fact of the matter is 99.99% of yall are straight up pussies and all yall got are the false claims. That's it. Never met any of you dumb s in my life except a couple people back in like 2003 or 2004. Those making claims aren't real men! Prove me wrong bro!

Same goes for the rest who talk and try to intimidate here on ST when we all know they're all pussies.

As well, why are you so hung up on what Spurt or myself has to say? Kick rocks bro.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People claim a lot here on ST but the fact of the matter is 99.99% of yall are straight up pussies and all yall got are the false claims. That's it. Never met any of you dumb s in my life except a couple people back in like 2003 or 2004. Those making claims aren't real men! Prove me wrong bro!

Same goes for the rest who talk and try to intimidate here on ST when we all know they're all pussies.

As well, why are you so hung up on what Spurt or myself has to say? Kick rocks bro.
    Why are you hung up on what I post about you or derp?
    YDGAF.

When people lie and contradict themselves I will point it out.
    When people post absolute BS I will point it out. Im tired of it. There is an advantage for a democracy to attempt to tell the truth. This is the OPPOSITE of what derp does. And yes, this is a POLITICAL forum.
    but you dont need to read it or react to it.
    So peace out again maybe. Its Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you hung up on what I post about you or derp?
    YDGAF.

When people lie and contradict themselves I will point it out.
    When people post absolute BS I will point it out. Im tired of it. There is an advantage for a democracy to attempt to tell the truth. This is the OPPOSITE of what derp does. And yes, this is a POLITICAL forum.
    but you dont need to read it or react to it.
    So peace out again maybe. Its Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go play with your cats PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go play with your tats PG
    I dont have any.
    Or cats...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regulating the ratepayers, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh bathrooms and "OMG Democrats might vote, can't have that!" bills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should be interesting, PUC discussion of "redesigning" the wholesale energy market in Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no grid reforms in the special session.

Abbott and Republicans are seemingly cool with letting ratepayers fade the heat, over decades, for the catastrophic failure of GOP governance and the free market,

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's even worse than we thought. producers cut output and raised prices before the winter storm.

System worked as designed to. Dog bites man again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    electricity rates have gone up so much in Spain that the government proposes to confiscate the extraordinary profits of the energy companies.

tax and spend is passe. better to raid and redistribute.

The Council of Ministers has approved a Royal Decree-Law with measures aimed at reducing the final electricity bill of consumers by 22% on average until the end of the year.

The third vice president and minister for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, Teresa Ribera, has indicated that the Government's commitment, announced by its president, Pedro Sánchez, is to ensure that the average price paid by a consumer in 2021 is equivalent to the one paid in 2018.

Ribera stressed that the Executive has always worked in a manner consistent with its objective of achieving a clean, efficient energy system with affordable prices that facilitates the diversification and democratization of the actors that participate in it. Thus, he recalled the measures adopted on production and consumption - promotion of self-consumption and local energy communities -, energy efficiency, tax structure - VAT reduction from 21 to 10% - and social protection of the most vulnerable energy consumers throughout the legislature.
    https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/consejo...ministros.aspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    electricity rates have gone up so much in Spain that the government proposes to confiscate the extraordinary profits of the energy companies.

tax and spend is passe. better to raid and redistribute.

https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/consejo...ministros.aspx
    Wait a bit in Texas as this will be your state song soon enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Market Manipulation Might Have Worsened The Texas Blackout

In Texas, the price of energy is based on supply and demand. (ie, non regulated)

Whether you’re talking about megawatts of electricity or cubic feet of natural gas, that means

energy usually becomes more expensive when there's less of it available.

Ed Hirs, an energy economist at the University of Houston, said that

presents obvious opportunities for gaming the system.

Higher prices mean energy sellers can make more money selling less
    energy.

“When producers and generators can combine and withhold power from the market, they can drive the price up,” he told KUT last spring.

“They can do it either willfully, or they can do it with willful blindness” by allowing their supply chain to break down.

In the Texas electricity market, withholding supply to drive prices up is against the rules. who's policing?

when it comes to natural gas sales in Texas, where withholding supply may not even be a crime

many of the accusations of market manipulation in February's blackout have been aimed at natural gas suppliers.

the pattern of withholding was clear: before the storm hit, natural gas supply dropped and demand rose, leading to higher prices.

“We started seeing a doubling and tripling of the prices as we were getting to the end of the week just before the storm,”

At the height of the blackout, she said, natural gas was sometimes priced 15,000% higher than it was before the storm.

But even if natural gas suppliers did withhold supply, it's not clear whether that would be illegal in Texas,

The natural gas market "doesn't have any specific rules limiting people in their market activities,” she said.

“If your market doesn't have any rules against withholding, people will withhold because it's profitable.

Many natural gas companies made millions during the blackout.

“Gas was such an important part of the failure and [gas suppliers] made such a profit,”

doesn't feel right, that the people who underperformed get rewarded.”

https://www.tpr.org/texas/2021-09-22...texas-blackout

in 2021 hole TX session, anybody talk about rules for the natural gas market?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Market Manipulation Might Have Worsened The Texas Blackout

In Texas, the price of energy is based on supply and demand. (ie, non regulated)

Whether you’re talking about megawatts of electricity or cubic feet of natural gas, that means

energy usually becomes more expensive when there's less of it available.

Ed Hirs, an energy economist at the University of Houston, said that

presents obvious opportunities for gaming the system.

Higher prices mean energy sellers can make more money selling less
    energy.

“When producers and generators can combine and withhold power from the market, they can drive the price up,” he told KUT last spring.

“They can do it either willfully, or they can do it with willful blindness” by allowing their supply chain to break down.

In the Texas electricity market, withholding supply to drive prices up is against the rules. who's policing?

when it comes to natural gas sales in Texas, where withholding supply may not even be a crime

many of the accusations of market manipulation in February's blackout have been aimed at natural gas suppliers.

the pattern of withholding was clear: before the storm hit, natural gas supply dropped and demand rose, leading to higher prices.

“We started seeing a doubling and tripling of the prices as we were getting to the end of the week just before the storm,”

At the height of the blackout, she said, natural gas was sometimes priced 15,000% higher than it was before the storm.

But even if natural gas suppliers did withhold supply, it's not clear whether that would be illegal in Texas,

The natural gas market "doesn't have any specific rules limiting people in their market activities,” she said.

“If your market doesn't have any rules against withholding, people will withhold because it's profitable.

Many natural gas companies made millions during the blackout.

“Gas was such an important part of the failure and [gas suppliers] made such a profit,”

doesn't feel right, that the people who underperformed get rewarded.”

https://www.tpr.org/texas/2021-09-22...texas-blackout

in 2021 hole TX session, anybody talk about rules for the natural gas market?
    Another perfect example of greedy capitalism. I have no problem with nationalizing energy. This is strategic for a country, same as water and other infrastructures that helps the country as a whole. In France, since they opened the market to the private sector, prices have been going up as EDF, public owned, has to sell its electricity at a lower price to the private actors for them to be able to sell it to the people since they don't have any nuclear reactors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another perfect example of greedy capitalism. I have no problem with nationalizing energy. This is strategic for a country, same as water and other infrastructures that helps the country as a whole. In France, since they opened the market to the private sector, prices have been going up as EDF, public owned, has to sell its electricity at a lower price to the private actors for them to be able to sell it to the people since they don't have any nuclear reactors.
    Energy and water are every bit as important as a military (that put as sweetly as possible, helps us keep trade open world wide.) Yet making the military fully private... thats not in any playbook except for a capitalist gone nuts. Texas has provided a really good example what can happen. And as a Texan hearing about, bbq sauce and picante as made in Texas, and NOT NY CITY! Yet we let a company in another State run our hydrocarbon energy.

dont mess with Texas... laughable... MIGHTY TEXAS. BUSINESS friendly to any OUTSIDERS.

But dont mess with us... fkn hypocrite red team in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would add failure of basic governance/regulatory capture to the list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy and water are every bit as important as a military (that put as sweetly as possible, helps us keep trade open world wide.) Yet making the military fully private... thats not in any playbook except for a capitalist gone nuts. Texas has provided a really good example what can happen. And as a Texan hearing about, bbq sauce and picante as made in Texas, and NOT NY CITY! Yet we let a company in another State run our hydrocarbon energy.

dont mess with Texas... laughable... MIGHTY TEXAS. BUSINESS friendly to any OUTSIDERS.

But dont mess with us... fkn hypocrite red team in Texas.
    I mean the reality is that there may be too many people for the amount of resources we have. At least at our current levels of usage. I can't imagine any politician in the near future bringing that up. But it's a reality we'll have to deal with at some point in time. Probably too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. As noted in the 2011 report that the Republican government ignored.
    2011 recommendations not implemented

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and the whole mess gets teed up again, with the Texas Lege again ignoring energy reform in favor of "emergency" anti-abortion, anti-voting, anti-trans and anti-CRT laws.

While not directly addressed in the report, FERC Commissioner Mark Christie also blamed Texas’ energy-only deregulated electricity market for grid failures.

“The biggest single problem is that in an energy-only market, no one has an obligation to serve [electricity],” he said.

Analysts have said that FERC may be able to require stronger power plant winterization in Texas by ordering those standards to be adopted by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, a nonprofit group that enforces power generation industry standards.

But many of the proposals included in the inquiry may still amount to mere suggestions because of FERC’s limited authority in Texas.

“FERC has no jurisdiction,” University of Houston energy economist Ed Hirs says.

But that could change, Hirs said, if federal lawmakers wanted it to.

“Having our [Texas] grid as fragile as it is is a national security issue for the nation,” Hirs said. “At some point, the federal government would be right to essentially take over the management of the grid.”
    https://www.kut.org/energy-environme...uary-blackouts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Texas won't fix the grid the federal government certainly should

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Texas grid is not part of national grid for FreeDumb to deregulate the grid to enrich campaign donors, it up, 1000s die, no accountability, punishment, on enrichment of the perpetrators, Texas pays $28B more for juice.

With AGW destabilizing the polar vortex more often, extreme Arctic cold down to TX will happen again, probably sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Texas grid is not part of national grid for FreeDumb to deregulate the grid to enrich campaign donors, it up, 1000s die, no accountability, punishment, on enrichment of the perpetrators, Texas pays $28B more for juice.

With AGW destabilizing the polar vortex more often, extreme Arctic cold down to TX will happen again, probably sooner rather than later.
    Eyup. Right on all counts, and, as always, more correct than many here would accede to.

What does it say that the most cynical take on this whole thing seems to be closest to reality?

Thread Information