Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    with how good the madalorian was, it makes no sense that the sequel trilogy was such . Why was it so hard to tell a decent story that didn't on the franchise
    JJ Abrams has always relied on mystery boxes and nostalgia in lieu of a real story, that’s why Lost’s ending is so hated and why Star Trek went downhill on his watch too. Rian Johnson tried to fix that, but clearly a faction of people hated his changes, including JJ Abrams.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    with how good the madalorian was, it makes no sense that the sequel trilogy was such . Why was it so hard to tell a decent story that didn't on the franchise
    I know I sound like a broken record... but the the franchise was plenty shat on before the sequel trilogy was ever a thing. Let's not pretend like everything to come before it was gold.

But regardless, JJ Abrams is the Michael Bay of sci-fi. This is as good as he can do. Trekkies will be happy to explain to you how their franchise got sold out for some 'splosions and lens flares.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Mandalorian is good because it’s made by actual SW fans and Dave Filoni is heavily involved

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yeah I definitely haven’t seen the movie and don’t plan to, I thought the 2nd trilogy was dreadful (Hayden Christensens performance in those movies might be the worst acting job in the history of cinema) and I just as much assume this trilogy is even worse, I’m just not understanding why people who hate the movies so much spend so much energy talking about them.
    Stylistically, the third trilogy tries to emulate the first trilogy (not the second); but of course there's all the SJW and poor writing that doesn't measure up. The prequels had a good vision, but Lucas pulled his punches and was not open to criticism. He was so much about "the story" that he didn't give the proper thought to watchability, and that includes the terrible acting of HC. The third trilogy actually made many fans find respect for the second trilogy; because Disney just did plot points nilly willy and there is no emotional resonance. A lot of people criticize the acting of the latest installment, but I'm not sure how fair that is given that no amount of good acting was going to save these movies; a lot of the bad acting comes down to the fact that Disney was so busy writing off the central characters that nobody could mentor the new generation. You have these s worried about if their characters are gonna have relationships and stuff like that, rather than them having any understanding of what values this franchise offers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Stylistically, the third trilogy tries to emulate the first trilogy (not the second); but of course there's all the SJW and poor writing that doesn't measure up. The prequels had a good vision, but Lucas pulled his punches and was not open to criticism. He was so much about "the story" that he didn't give the proper thought to watchability, and that includes the terrible acting of HC. The third trilogy actually made many fans find respect for the second trilogy; because Disney just did plot points nilly willy and there is no emotional resonance. A lot of people criticize the acting of the latest installment, but I'm not sure how fair that is given that no amount of good acting was going to save these movies; a lot of the bad acting comes down to the fact that Disney was so busy writing off the central characters that nobody could mentor the new generation. You have these s worried about if their characters are gonna have relationships and stuff like that, rather than them having any understanding of what values this franchise offers.
    Worse acting than Hayden Christensen ? his corny ass love scenes with Natalie Portman with a the extremely forced lines (“a baby is a blessing” still rings out in my mind) single handedly ruined those movies for me

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Worse acting than Hayden Christensen ? his corny ass love scenes with Natalie Portman with a the extremely forced lines (“a baby is a blessing” still rings out in my mind) single handedly ruined those movies for me
    It was a very poor casting choice. I never disputed it; in fact, I think it's so bad that he should've been replaced and all his scenes reshot. Like I said about Lucas, he wasn't taking input from anyone, and it was a serious blind spot.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    JJ Abrams has always relied on mystery boxes and nostalgia in lieu of a real story, that’s why Lost’s ending is so hated and why Star Trek went downhill on his watch too. Rian Johnson tried to fix that, but clearly a faction of people hated his changes, including JJ Abrams.
    Are you seriously trying to talk up Rian Johnson, slob?
    Last Jedi was easily the biggest p.o.s SW episode of all-time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    It was a very poor casting choice. I never disputed it; in fact, I think it's so bad that he should've been replaced and all his scenes reshot. Like I said about Lucas, he wasn't taking input from anyone, and it was a serious blind spot.
    Yeah I know you never disputed it , I was legit asking if you think the acting in the new movies is worse. If the answer is yes that makes me want to see them out of curiosity to see how bad the acting really is.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yeah I know you never disputed it , I was legit asking if you think the acting in the new movies is worse. If the answer is yes that makes me want to see them out of curiosity to see how bad the acting really is.
    The acting in the new movies is not that bad, one could argue; many critics rate the acting as poor though. I think the acting is mediocre at best. Nobody even comes close to Academy Award consideration (not that I put much stock in those awards). Nothing is approaching Hayden Christensen level; but you'd be hard pressed to find glowing reviews about the two main actors, Daisy Riddley and Adam Driver.

The actor that plays Finn is too emotionally immature to appreciate the depth that his character should have, but he's not otherwise terrible. The guy who plays Poe is ultimately a man's Harrison Ford; to me, he's probably the worst of the bunch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Mandalorian is good because it’s made by actual SW fans and Dave Filoni is heavily involved
    Jon Favreau is pretty good

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The acting in the new movies is not that bad, one could argue; many critics rate the acting as poor though. I think the acting is mediocre at best. Nobody even comes close to Academy Award consideration (not that I put much stock in those awards). Nothing is approaching Hayden Christensen level; but you'd be hard pressed to find glowing reviews about the two main actors, Daisy Riddley and Adam Driver.

The actor that plays Finn is too emotionally immature to appreciate the depth that his character should have, but he's not otherwise terrible. The guy who plays Poe is ultimately a man's Harrison Ford; to me, he's probably the worst of the bunch.
    Adam Driver was pretty good in this trilogy.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Adam Driver was pretty good in this trilogy.
    Not enough to save the show either way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Not enough to save the show either way.
    You thought this going in, ranting for days about how bad this movie was going to be and yet you still went to go see it on opening week.

you're so stupid

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You thought this going in, ranting for days about how bad this movie was going to be and yet you still went to go see it on opening week.
    I saw it opening weekend b/c I was out of town and it was cheaper and easier, and I got to see the 3D version. None of this makes it a very good movie.

Do you think The Rise Of Skywalker is a really good movie, cuck?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    derp will be seeing episode 10 on opening week too

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    derp will be seeing episode 10 on opening week too
    Do you think The Rise Of Skywalker is a really good movie, cuck?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw it opening weekend

All this back and forth and you still saw the movie just like the rest of us like a good soldier. Only took you a full week and a couple of days to cop up to it. ChumpDumper get in here. Lol

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    are people still shielding this movie? I'm gonna try to see it this week, yall think gettin blazed will help or detract

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

All this back and forth and you still saw the movie just like the rest of us like a good soldier. Only took you a full week and a couple of days to cop up to it. ChumpDumper get in here. Lol
    Do you think for a second I thought, Gee I won't see it cos I'm worried that the Chumpettes will have a lame talking point? Tranny

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    are people still shielding this movie? I'm gonna try to see it this week, yall think gettin blazed will help or detract
    Chumpettes didn't even need to see it to be shielding for it, tbh.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    derp watched the movie this weekend
    I saw it opening weekend

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The nothing w.
    Your signature move.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The nothing w.
    Your signature move.
    You think it's your L.

That's how defeated you are.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You think it's your L.

That's how defeated you are.
    Claiming your nothing w is about the L for me. S.O.P.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Claiming your nothing w is about the L for me. S.O.P.
    When did I claim a W?

Quote it.

Thread Information