Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    conspira s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread man, we set a record in Bexar County! And you're almost ready to catch up to ElNono. Prob pass that mojado tomorrow.

Update (30 June 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 130,111
    El Nono post count: 130,375
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...
    itshappening.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. none of those things describe me in the slightest. good job for demonstrating that you dont know what fascism is despite having access to the definition
    bro, you're a fascist coz you call out his bull conspiracies... why don't you let him daydream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the fallacy they tried on me. I never believed the death counts from so many places, but to counter that I was challenged to provide the accurate death count.
    Even mathematically, with a very large error rate (lets' say 30%, which is pretty huge on any data sample), it's still way larger than anything comparable.

For example, derp has said in this thread (out of his ass, because he has absolutely nothing to even remotely ascertain that), that he estimates the covid-related death count should be closer to 20k, which means an error rate of nearly 90% over the reported data.

The implication of that claim is that 9 out 10 medical examiners, doctors, etc across every State in the US are suddenly somehow coordinated in lying and faking death certificates.

It's just such a ridiculous claim, it's fairly safe to just laugh at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good god, derp, your response was completely divorced from reality...

"The Cult of Tradition", characterized by cultural syncretism, even at the risk of internal contradiction. When all truth has already been revealed by Tradition, no new learning can occur, only further interpretation and refinement.
    Contradictions abound.
    at least you start off with a nothing statement

"The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.

Definitely lots of appeals to how great Obamanomics are as freedoms were trampled.
    what does this have to do with obama? this isn't even talking about freedoms. in what universe was obama's presidency a "rejection of modernism?"

"The Cult of Action for Action's Sake", which dictates that action is of value in itself, and should be taken without intellectual reflection. This, says Eco, is connected with anti-intellectualism and irrationalism, and often manifests in attacks on modern culture and science.

Like right out of your plandemic playbook.
    no. that is not action for action's sake. we have a pandemic that actually requires a response. pandemic responses aren't arbitrary actions "taken without intellectual reflection." it has nothing to do with anti-intellectualism (disregard for the scientific method) or an "attack on modern culture and science." your'e incoherent

"Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.

Censoring viewpoints good; keeps us safe
    i'm not pro censorship, but private platforms aren't public forums, and they shouldnt be forced to host or associate with people who's views they are uncomfortable with. i was vocally against the UC Berkley protests when they got the Milo speech cancelled, for instance.

"Fear of Difference", which fascism seeks to exploit and exacerbate, often in the form of racism or an appeal against foreigners and immigrants.[/quote]
    Yup. Except in the form of "reverse racism"
    a) white people aren't "foreigners and immigrants"

b) affirmative action, in a vacuum, is inherently unequal. unfortunately, we still need countermeasures for discrimination that still goes on (see the job resume experiment) and for lingering effects of previously legalized discrimination. ideally they wont be necessary for long

c) if i really wanted to turn the tables, the only major political faction that uses racism or a general appeal against foreigners and immigrants is the right... muslim ban, fear of "hordes" of migrants, etc etc

"Appeal to a Frustrated Middle Class", fearing economic pressure from the demands and aspirations of lower social groups.

You don't do this one directly so much. But you desperately try to paint your enemies with this brush. So not exactly high ground.
    thank you for acknowledging that i dont do that. whether i claim my adversaries do is completely irrelevant. once again, this is something you actually DO see on the right, telling their good middle class folk that "the poor are coming after you... welfare state, universal healthcare" etc

"Obsession with a Plot" and the hyping-up of an enemy threat. This often combines an appeal to xenophobia with a fear of disloyalty and sabotage from marginalized groups living within the society (such as the German elite's 'fear' of the 1930s Jewish populace's businesses and well-doings; see also anti-Semitism). Eco also cites Pat Robertson's book The New World Order as a prominent example of a plot obsession.

yes, russia interfered with our election, and an investigation was held to look into that what extent, if at all, the trump campaign coordinated. i'm satisfied with the results of that.

nothing to do with an appeal to xenophobia (never advocated for expulsion of russian-americans, or curtailing immigration, or anything like that), or a fear of disloyalty from marginalized groups (good example of this in american history was the japanese concentration camps. completely inapplicable to what you are talking about. also no "new world order" conspiracies from my side. look in the mirror though

Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak." On the one hand, fascists play up the power of certain disfavored elites to encourage in their followers a sense of grievance and humiliation. On the other hand, fascist leaders point to the decadence of those elites as proof of their ultimate feebleness in the face of an overwhelming popular will.

trump's power isn't "played up." he's the president of the united states . literally the most powerful man in the world. if you want to water this down to anybody who dislike the sitting president, then go ahead.

"Pacifism is Trafficking with the Enemy" because "Life is Permanent Warfare" – there must always be an enemy to fight. Both fascist Germany under Hitler and Italy under Mussolini worked first to organize and clean up their respective countries and then build the war machines that they later intended to and did use, despite Germany being under restrictions of the Versailles treaty to not build a military force. This principle leads to a fundamental contradiction within fascism: the incompatibility of ultimate triumph with perpetual war.

when have i ever advocated for war or the ramping up of the war machine... particularly against russia? i have always called for massive cuts to the defense budget. i dont think russia is our friend but thats a far cry from saying they are an enemy to fight. you're grasping

"Contempt for the Weak", which is uncomfortably married to a chauvinistic popular elitism, in which every member of society is superior to outsiders by virtue of belonging to the in-group. Eco sees in these at udes the root of a deep tension in the fundamentally hierarchical structure of fascist polities, as they encourage leaders to despise their underlings, up to the ultimate Leader who holds the whole country in contempt for having allowed him to overtake it by force.

You may think you don't fall into this category. But you shouldn't underestimate your overlords' contempt of the weak. BLM is corporate funded and enacted at every level. And they have nothing but contempt for their lesser thans and want you to virtue signal so that we can forget this fact.

Also at where you fall at the end of the day in any event
    "overlords" . i've never even suggested the existence of "lesser thans" so this is of course nonsensical. when have i called for anything resembling a "fundamentally hierarchical structure"?

"Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death. As Eco observes, "[t]he Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."

white people virtue signal meme
    this is not a response to that premise. you just looked at the word "hero" and stopped reading. this has nothing to do with the glory of death for country or sending people do death.

"Machismo", which sublimates the difficult work of permanent war and heroism into the sexual sphere. Fascists thus hold "both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chas y to sexuality."

Historically, "machismo" wasn't an aberration distinct to fascism. This point pretty much tells us that the system gets to decide what fascism is. Ironically, you and your mentor have often lashed out, claiming that you don't fit into a narrow definition of definition. But look at this guy just making sh** up for the sake of his narrative.

But I'll say that the left has their own "machismo" at this point. If you're black, gay, etc. you're gold as the fold. If you're hetero white male, bend the knee, .
    my hero... narrative. this is from a book published in 1995.

nobody said machismo is an abberation distinct to fascism, but it absolutely is a part of of. the "strongman leader" or the ubermensch as nietzsche put it was a huge influence on fasism and its what fascist leaders have always held themselves out to be, larger than life saviors of their people.

thinking gay people represent machismo. simple jack

"Selective Populism" – The People, conceived monolithically, have a Common Will, distinct from and superior to the viewpoint of any individual. As no mass of people can ever be truly unanimous, the Leader holds himself out as the interpreter of the popular will (though truly he dictates it). Fascists use this concept to delegitimize democratic ins utions they accuse of "no longer represent[ing] the Voice of the People."

Black Lives Matter: Heroes at play.
    White Live Matter and/or All Lives Matter: that guy.
    again, non-responsive. who is the single authoritarian leader who is claiming to be the interpreter of the popular will? what you're describing has nothing to do with the definition.

"Newspeak" – Fascism employs and promotes an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

Mmm. I'm sure you haven't made fun of those "Karens"
    i have. calling people names sometimes isn't the same as promoting an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

you are either making up or just refusing to understand the definitions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can tell both in real time and after the fact

pretending that non-violent protestors and violent rioters are indistinguishable is adorable
    Bull . You think those shop owners got the ing beat out of them thought they were dealing with people that were about to beat the out of them? They couldn't tell in real-time why can you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . You think those shop owners got the ing beat out of them thought they were dealing with people that were about to beat the out of them? They couldn't tell in real-time why can you?
    that would require looking into the future. this isn't minority report.

you said that protests and riots are indistinguishable. thats bull because one is non-violent and one isn't. just because you cant always know ahead of time which it will be does not render the two indistinguishable. thats why its asinine for the president to conflate them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would require looking into the future. this isn't minority report.

you said that protests and riots are indistinguishable. thats bull because one is non-violent and one isn't. just because you cant always know ahead of time which it will be does not render the two indistinguishable. thats why its asinine for the president to conflate them.
    It's all the same . It's a group of people moving together some of them breaking some of them killing people some of them beating the out of people some of them only protesting but they're all the same group of people. When the shooting starts the party is over. There's no cons utional right to riot, only to peacefully assemble and that was not peacefully assembling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all the same . It's a group of people moving together some of them breaking some of them killing people some of them beating the out of people some of them only protesting but they're all the same group of people. When the shooting starts the party is over. There's no cons utional right to riot, only to peacefully assemble and that was not peacefully assembling.
    You watch too many movies clown.

Its easy to tell if a protest is violent or not. Very easy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, you finally beat ElNono. Congrats son

Update (01 July 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 130,798
    El Nono post count: 130,418

Let us proceed...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let us proceed...
    you understand these are only estimated and not true numbers right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let us proceed...
    yikes

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good god, derp, your response was completely divorced from reality...
    If you want to talk about divorced, much of your responses are bloviating and philoing.

"The Rejection of modernism", which views the rationalistic development of Western culture since the Enlightenment as a descent into depravity. Eco distinguishes this from a rejection of superficial technological advancement, as many fascist regimes cite their industrial potency as proof of the vitality of their system.
    I don't know what tie in you're trying to make. I do recall Obama saying there isn't a magic wand to bring jobs back because he had capitulated to his globalist overlords.

what does this have to do with obama? this isn't even talking about freedoms. in what universe was obama's presidency a "rejection of modernism?"
    "Rejection of modernism" is your fallacy, not mine. My point was that you hold up Obamanamics / Obamacare as something great when in reality it's nothing more than highway robbery.
    You think that scams stopped because we have "modernism"? As if, Lite.
    You think that the elites decided, well the world's fair now; modernism has ushered that in. I'd better start playing fair now. As if, Lite.

"The Cult of Action for Action's Sake", which dictates that action is of value in itself, and should be taken without intellectual reflection. This, says Eco, is connected with anti-intellectualism and irrationalism, and often manifests in attacks on modern culture and science.
    Anti-intellectualism is the veneer of infallibility that leftists love to grant themselves. The truth is that science is ignored and manipulated all the time by the left. This plandemic is no exception. Real science dictated measured and safe responses. Real science produces real studies for public scrutiny for 5g and vaccinations. You don't have high ground, stop pretending you do. What you do have is ins utional control that polices how information is disseminated. And it's very dangerous because it is very politicized.

no. that is not action for action's sake. we have a pandemic that actually requires a response. pandemic responses aren't arbitrary actions "taken without intellectual reflection." it has nothing to do with anti-intellectualism (disregard for the scientific method) or an "attack on modern culture and science." your'e incoherent
    Nobody is arguing against responses, philo. The rest of that is word salad.

"Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.
    Yup. Which is why news does only narrowly defined narratives. Which is why legislature debates were called off. And yea, you've created cult followings. People who object are to ostracized and kept from power. Dangerous.

i'm not pro censorship, but private platforms aren't public forums
    That's a cop out. These major platforms are public squares. Stop hiding behind private ownership as a means to censor free speech. You will not be on the right side of history.

a) white people aren't "foreigners and immigrants"
    Despite the left's incessant calls that the whites don't have a right to this land, amirite?

b) affirmative action, in a vacuum, is inherently unequal. unfortunately, we still need countermeasures for discrimination that still goes on (see the job resume experiment) and for lingering effects of previously legalized discrimination. ideally they wont be necessary for long
    Yea, don't have meritocracy. Good idea to make short cuts and reward short cuts. Because there are so many fake racists out there.

c) if i really wanted to turn the tables, the only major political faction that uses racism or a general appeal against foreigners and immigrants is the right... muslim ban, fear of "hordes" of migrants, etc etc
    That's not turning tables. Countries should expect their governments to keep the out. They weren't doing that in Britain and the people finally said that.
    Hillary wanted to created even more holes by bringing in another million welfare recipients. That's always been a nationalistic concept. There were some societies that have flourished with melting pots, such as 16th century Holland. But they were community minded, not narcissistic bags that are being cultivated in our system that is owed handouts.

thank you for acknowledging that i dont do that. whether i claim my adversaries do is completely irrelevant. once again, this is something you actually DO see on the right, telling their good middle class folk that "the poor are coming after you... welfare state, universal healthcare" etc
    The poor aren't "the problem". But they're not the solution either. They're cogs for the elites, pure and simple. And bringing more in just makes it harder for our poor to advance, because it's the basic inflation concept. We devalue our own poor by bringing much more in. This is why Americanized Mexicans want immigration enforced. And long term, these illegals aren't going to be a sure thing for Democrats. Today's illegal Mexicans are tomorrow's Republicans. It may take a generation or so to shift that balance red, but it will happen. Handout culture only works as long as you have something to hand out.

yes, russia interfered with our election, and an investigation was held to look into that what extent, if at all, the trump campaign coordinated. i'm satisfied with the results of that.
    Because it was a distraction from real issues. This is a standard ploy. Only the losers are satisfied.

when have i ever advocated for war or the ramping up of the war machine... particularly against russia? i have always called for massive cuts to the defense budget. i dont think russia is our friend but thats a far cry from saying they are an enemy to fight. you're grasping
    You've went to the wall for Obama, Hillary, Biden. I know you want to divorce yourself from their war hawking. You can't. You're "grasping" if you think you can.

"overlords" . i've never even suggested the existence of "lesser thans" so this is of course nonsensical. when have i called for anything resembling a "fundamentally hierarchical structure"?
    Yea, and I explicitly made the point that even if that's not how you view matters, that is how your overlords do view it. Only idiots think that it's a race battle and not a class battle. Feudalism didn't just go away altogether. Sure, modern advancements have helped even the playing field. But the concept of nobility wasn't just altogether done away with. We have it in America even if we don't want to admit it.

"Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death. As Eco observes, "[t]he Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."

this is not a response to that premise. you just looked at the word "hero" and stopped reading. this has nothing to do with the glory of death for country or sending people do death.
    Yea, swing and a miss. I was never making it about dealing with war. I was speaking to the virtue signaling for hero points that everyone is trying to do now. It's rewarded; anyone that doesn't conform is vilinized. You see the problem, Lite?

nobody said machismo is an abberation distinct to fascism, but it absolutely is a part of of. the "strongman leader" or the ubermensch as nietzsche put it was a huge influence on fasism and its what fascist leaders have always held themselves out to be, larger than life saviors of their people.
    Then I guess the US was fascist AF under FDR and Lincoln. Because they exerted more "strongman leader" tactics than possibly anyone in our history. You see how this an utterly convenient point for the left? TheGreatYacht

thinking gay people represent machismo. simple jack
    IIRC, I put it in quotes. But the point is that machismo has always been about signaling. The value of signaling hasn't changed, just the parameters.
    Being a beta sexual is great for the fascist system. They're great foot soldiers for the left. And the system has created inbuilt defenses that anyone that calls this out is a phobe and must not be listened to under any cir stances.

"Newspeak" – Fascism employs and promotes an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

i have. calling people names sometimes isn't the same as promoting an impoverished vocabulary in order to limit critical reasoning.

you are either making up or just refusing to understand the definitions.
    Don't lash out. I read a lot on the page about what newspeak is so that I could understand what is meant by it.
    I think that you are the one that maybe doesn't undertand it.
    Essentially, it's jargon that is designed to signal whether one is 'one of us' or not.
    All these fake Karen videos coming online to promote narratives, that's not a coincidence, Lite.
    It's an effective political campaign. It made potential fighters have to do a double take on whether they wanted to fight this plandemic,
    for fear of being made to look bad. TheGreatYacht
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 07-01-2020 at 11:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (02 July 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 131,485

Let us proceed...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Herman Cain

9-9-9 was an under-rated idea

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covid new ifr... uh oh RandomGuyand ChumpDumper

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Herman Cain

9-9-9 was an under-rated idea
    his case is "serious", explaining why he is in hospital

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States pushing to attribute covid deaths to people who did not seek medical treatment during lockdown.

This going to go on forever. Masks in public forever. Sad day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (03 July 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 132,087

Let us proceed...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States pushing to attribute covid deaths to people who did not seek medical treatment during lockdown.

Baseline bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (04 July 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 132,302

Let us proceed...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet florida data shows ifr less than flu. How about that data

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.
    He's been reduced to mumbling to himself about how all the blacks and coaches and scouts and managers and agents and cheerleaders and hot dog vendors kept him from going pro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been reduced to mumbling to himself about how all the blacks and coaches and scouts and managers and agents and cheerleaders and hot dog vendors kept him from going pro.
    why even respond to his or her ? why the pissing matches with that person?

Thread Information