Page 273 of 361 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 9004
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You can wipe out an entire generation, you can burn their homes to the ground and somehow they'll still find their way back. But if you destroy their history, you destroy their achievements and it's as if they never existed. That's what Hitler wants and that's exactly what we are fighting for." - Frank Stokes
    I bet you thought this was really profound when you posted it.

You have to be either stubborn or stupid at this point to continue calling statues "history."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You have to be either stubborn or stupid at this point to continue calling statues "history."
    Stokes' "destroy their achievements"

starting a civil war of choice AND losing it was "achievement"

Slavery and all that derived from it over the centuries has screwed The American Dream and always will.

Slavery is America's "original sin" that it refuses to repent for because Euro-White Male Supremacy is the foundation, the guiding principle.

The racist Confederacy and hate-driven Christians have elected THEIR President.

100Ks will die or be seriously damaged by THEIR President and the oligarchy-financed Repug party too spineless, too gutless to stand up to THEIR bully, sicko President

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why aren't statues history, Sadbert?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    These statue killings are appalling, tbh.

They should rip up the pledge of allegiance....that all you womenless white marshmallows swore to a thousand times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DEMOCRATS HAVE BEEN SELLING OUT AMERICA TO CHINA THROUGH ISRAEL!

https://www. ute.com/video/zpUXyn4QjAkc/

ducks koriwhat Nathan89 Chris CosmicCowboy DMC DarrinS Millennial_Messiah FrostKing SnakeBoy thispego TSA phxspurfan Thread

Spurtacular, you're gonna love this video. It was taken down by YouTube a couple of days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ducks koriwhat Nathan89 Chris CosmicCowboy DMC DarrinS Millennial_Messiah FrostKing SnakeBoy thispego TSA phxspurfan Thread

Spurtacular, you're gonna love this video. It was taken down by YouTube a couple of days ago.
    Private platform

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jewpedia

Hugh of Lincoln (1246 – 27 August 1255) was an English boy whose death was falsely attributed to Jews. [Opening line, even]
    https://historytheinterestingbits.co...ittle-st-hugh/

While researching Lincoln this week I came across the unhappy story of Little St Hugh, a young boy whose death caused a lethal backlash of blame and recrimination which attracted the attention of the king, Henry III, himself. The story revolves around a young boy called Hugh. Born around 1246 he was probably 9 years old when he disappeared on 31st July 1255. No one seems to know who Hugh’s father was, or even if he had one – some sources suggest he was illegitimate – but his mother was a Lincoln lady called Beatrice. According to reports young Hugh had been doing what all boys do at the age – he’d been out playing with friends. But when it got late the lad could not be found. His mother spent days looking for him and apparently was eventually told by some neighbours that he had last been seen ‘playing with some Jewish boys of his own age, and going into the house of a Jew.’¹ According to Matthew Paris Beatrice, herself, had discovered Hugh’s body sometime around 27th August 1255, after marching into the house Hugh had been seen going into. Little Hugh’s body was found in a well at the property of a Lincoln Jew, named Copin (or Jopin, Joscefin or Koppin). Poor Copin was immediately seized by those present when the body was found; Beatrice and her neighbours and the city’s bailiffs all appear to have been in attendance. In no time at all a dreadful tale of ritual murder and the ‘blood libel’ (where it was believed Christian children were tortured and killed in Jewish rituals, supposedly mimicking the crucifixion of Christ) was woven around the tragedy of the little boy’s death.
    According to Paris:
    … having shut him up in a room quite out of the way, where they fed him on milk and other childish nourishment, they sent to almost all the cities of England where the Jews lived, and summoned some of their sect from each city to be present at a sacrifice to take place at Lincoln; for they had, as they stated, a boy hidden for the purpose of being crucified. In accordance with the summons, a great many of them came to Lincoln, and on assembling, they at once appointed a Jew of Lincoln as judge to take the place of Pilate, by whose sentence, and with the concurrence of’ all, the boy was subjected to divers tortures They beat him till blood flowed and he was quite livid, they crowned him with thorns, derided him and spat upon him. Moreover, he was pierced by each of them with a wood knife, was made to drink gall, was overwhelmed with approaches and blasphemies, and was repeatedly called Jesus the false prophet by his tormentors, who surrounded him, grinding and gnashing their teeth. After tormenting him in divers ways, they crucified him, and pierced him to the heart with a lance.²
    It is still unclear whether or not Little Hugh was murdered; some sources suggest that it could have been a terrible accident and the boy lost his footing and fell down the well. And even if the boy was murdered, it is far from clear that Copin was the culprit. However, one man took the initiative and played on the prejudices of the time to, not only, create a scapegoat but use the anti-Semitism prevalent at the time in order to blame the Jewish population of England as a whole.

John of Lexington was one of the witnesses at the discovery of the body and appears to have been the one to investigate the accusation of ritual murder levelled Copin, probably by the distraught Beatrice. He may have been familiar with the case, just over a century earlier, of William of Norwich, who died in 1144 and whose death was said to involve a mock execution at the hands of a converted Jew named Theobald. Lexington, described as ‘a man of learning, prudent and discreet‘² by Matthew Paris, managed to persuade Copin to confess and describe the murder in return for a promise of protection from torture and execution. Copin is said to have confessed to his involvement, and described the scourging, disembowelling, crowning with thorns and crucifixion of the young boy. He went on, it seems, implicat the rest of his people, saying ‘nearly all the Jews of England agreed to the death of this boy.’³ At the time of the death many prominent Jewish families had congregated in Lincoln; not to commit murder, but to celebrate the marriage of Bellaset, the daughter of Berechiah de Nicole. These were suddenly caught up in the tragedy and more than 90 of them were arrested and charged with practicing ritual murder. They were sent to London and imprisoned in the Tower to await trial. Sign in Lincoln Cathedral explaining Hugh’s story In the mean time rumours of miracles started circulating and being attributed to Little Hugh. It was said his body had been thrown down the well because when Copin had tried to bury him the earth had thrown the corpse back out. In another miracle attributed to him a blind woman regained her sight by bathing her eyes in water from the well in which Hugh’s remains had been found. Having heard of the miracles associated with Little Hugh, the canons of Lincoln Cathedral requested the body and Little Hugh ‘was honourably buried in the church of Lincoln as if it had been the corpse of a precious martyr,’² with the Cathedral even raising a shrine to the memory of Little Saint Hugh. As for Copin; the story of a boy’s murder by England’s Jews had attracted the attention of England’s king, Henry III. According to Paris the king himself reproached John of Lexington for having promised life to such a ‘wicked being’ and the poor man was condemned to death. He was tied to the tail of a horse and dragged through the streets to the gallows, and hung. Just 6 months before Hugh’s death the king had sold his rights to tax the Jews to his younger brother Richard, earl of Cornwall. However, he retained the right to receive the goods and property of any Jew implicated in a crime. This made the 90 Jews arrested alongside Copin valuable to the king if guilty – and to his brother if not. Of these 90, 18 ‘of the richer and higher order of Jews of the city of Lincoln’² were condemned to death and dragged to gibbets erected especially and hung; their property confiscated by the king. The remaining 80 or so prisoners were eventually released, following payment of their ransom by the Earl of Cornwall; his personal Jew had probably been caught up in the arrests and so it was in Cornwall’s interests to get the Jews released. Among those freed was Berechiah de Nicole, the father of the bride for whose wedding the Jews had been gathered in Lincoln. The shrine of Little Hugh in Lincoln Cathedral The tragedy of Little Hugh’s death was only worsened by the judicial murders of so many innocent Jews in revenge. Little St Hugh is the best known of the ‘blood libel’ saints and although a shrine was erected in Lincoln Cathedral, with a feast day of 27th August, Little Hugh was never canonised by the Vatican and has never been included in the official roll of Catholic martyrs. The shrine inside the cathedral, although still there, now has a sign at the side, explaining the legend and telling the sad tale of the boy’s death and its dreadful aftermath. Little Hugh’s story would continue to be told in the succeeding centuries. It has been the subject of ballads in both English, Scottish and French poetry and is referred to by Chaucer in The Prioress’s Tale and by Marlowe in the Jew of Malta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you been able to watch? Very good presentation. Will blow your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate crime designations are uncons utional.

I called that this sh** would happen.

Now take the BLM out of it, the argument is that a citizen tried to make a street safer while clearing grafitti and somehow needs to be charged with a crime.

Chumpettes okay with this.
    Chumpettes bent the knee.

TheGreatYacht

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the police is spinning this somewhat, tbh... here's the list of charges, I don't see any 'hate crime' charge there (unless the Civil Rights one includes some of that language)

---

It's worth pointing out that the people that painted the BLM mural requested permission from the city and the city approved, whereas these clowns did not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now take the BLM out of it, the argument is that a citizen tried to make a street safer while clearing grafitti and somehow needs to be charged with a crime.
    The mural was approved by the city, so no 'grafitti'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is considered a "hate crime" ElNono

No person, whether or not acting under color of law, shall knowingly deface, damage, or destroy the real or personal property of any other person for the purpose of intimidating or interfering with the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to the other person by the Cons ution or laws of this state or by the Cons ution or laws of the United States, in whole or in part because of one or more of the actual or perceived characteristics of the victim listed in subdivision (a) of Section 422.55.
    refers to 422.55...

For purposes of this le, and for purposes of all other state law unless an explicit provision of law or the context clearly requires a different meaning, the following shall apply:
    (a) “Hate crime” means a criminal act committed, in whole or in part, because of one or more of the following actual or perceived characteristics of the victim:

(1) Disability.
    (2) Gender.
    (3) Nationality.
    (4) Race or ethnicity.
    (5) Religion.
    (6) Sexual orientation.
    (7) Association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.

(b) “Hate crime” includes, but is not limited to, a violation of Section 422.6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is considered a "hate crime" ElNono

refers to 422.55...
    Thanks.

I do think they got them fair and square on the defacement charges though. Gonna be hard to spin that one, especially on video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks.

I do think they got them fair and square on the defacement charges though. Gonna be hard to spin that one, especially on video.
    oh, yeah. they've gotem dead to rights

derp's claim is that hate crimes shouldn't be a thing, which is one that i've gone back and forth with, because i'm uncomfortable with the general concept policing thought (though nobody gets convicted of a hate crime for the thought alone, but in conjunction with the action). it's really a sentence enhancer, in practice

what i dont understand is his claim that hate crimes are uncons utional (hate speech laws would be uncons utional, SCOTUS has already ruled to that effect)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, yeah. they've gotem dead to rights

derp's claim is that hate crimes shouldn't be a thing, which is one that i've gone back and forth with, because i'm uncomfortable with the general concept policing thought (though nobody gets convicted of a hate crime for the thought alone, but in conjunction with the action). it's really a sentence enhancer, in practice

what i dont understand is his claim that hate crimes are uncons utional (hate speech laws would be uncons utional, SCOTUS has already ruled to that effect)
    If derp puts as much effort into understanding the law as he does in understanding the basics of science, there will not be much to understand from the fruitcake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate crime designations are uncons utional.

I called that this sh** would happen.

Chumpettes okay with this.
    Chumpettes bent the knee.

TheGreatYacht

Another race baiting distraction by the ones control the media

Thread Information